F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F31 ASD bypass harness install - sounds so good!
GetBMWParts

01-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
Paul
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Touring, EV and a MINI

F31 ASD bypass harness install - sounds so good!

I picked up an 2017 F31 a few weeks ago. I knew the ASD would get to me, so the first mod I planned was to install a Technicpnp ASD bypass harness. Finally have some nice weather here in Seattle (and the day off) so I spent a few minutes and installed the bypass cable.

I used the detailed 2 series install post as a guide. But compared to the 2 series, the F31 install is incredibly. There's a total of 4 10mm screws, 2 twist clips and 1 felt and 1 plastic cover that have to be removed.

Immediately after the install I went out for a test drive. In one word, WOW! What an incredible auditory difference disabling the ASD makes in the cabin. I can actually hear the actually engine. I even heard a couple of rattles

I was watching Everyday Driver - BMW M2 vs Cayman GTS last night and every time the video switched to the M2 all I could hear was the ASD I'm glad I got this cable. If you're is on the fence about getting the ASD bypass... DO IT!
Attached Images