F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2012 328 base speakers
Extreme Powerhouse

01-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #23
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC40 View Post
I did not. I wanted a 335, M-Sport, 19" rims, 8AT, Mineral Grey, Tech, Premium, heated front seats (for the Mrs.) and HK. My dealer found one on a boat (arriving on 2/6) with everything except HK so I decided to jump on it. I did not test the two systems because I did not want to know what I will be missing!
Well have you at least heard the base one to know what it'll sound like, if it is at least acceptable?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #24
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Well have you at least heard the base one to know what it'll sound like, if it is at least acceptable?
No because then I know I would def want the HK. I did not want to custom build as I would have had to wait until April for a car. I took the only car that fit my specifications, which unfortunately did not have HK. There was one car that had HK, but did not have tech (I wanted heads-up more than HK).

I can live without it, I think. Plus, I only live 4-5 blocks from my office...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #25
BeeMDubAyouF30
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

Coming from my previous vehicle which had a full aftermarket sound system I am somewhat disappointed with the performance of the sound system. This is my first BMW and although I knew it would not be as good as my aftermarket I expected it to be much better than it actually is. I too could have opted for the HK but was also impatient and expected better sound quality being that it was a BMW. The Bass is terribly weak and distorted and the higher you raise the volume the worse the clarity gets. My Next BMW will have HK or whatever the upgraded system is at the time.
Appreciate 0