F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Bucket Seats and My Big Dog (what to do?)
Extreme Powerhouse

03-08-2009, 05:30 AM   #1
saywhatsaywhen
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330ci convertible

Angry Bucket Seats and My Big Dog (what to do?)

I love my 330ci convertible... but my dog hates it. She is a service (hearing) dog and my best friend. She goes every where with me... but unfortunately she grins (literally) every time I go to use this car. I have tried everything, even cutting up a bed and trying to do a custom cover myself. These are the problems...

the leather is very slippery and doesnt keep anything in place that i have put on it.

the bucket is a funky square and she is too big to fit in one side so the middle is uncomfortable.

I would like to have something custom that makes it into a flat level service.... but i cant find any place to do this??

I have read the posts (I know some of you say you wouldnt let your dog in, but my dog is more important to me than any of my friends even!) I dont care if she scratches anything and shes not going to chew anything. I am planning to sell it if i cant figure out a solution to make her comfortable.

Please advise? can you help?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
ronushi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a maniac

http://www.ohmydogsupplies.com/pwr/p...Car-Cover.html this is sord of paded so i wouldnt think this would bother the dog with the middle part that the coupes have

and also a hammock for the dog, here is an example for you to get a better look http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0019307617512a.shtml
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 06:36 AM   #3
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

http://www.perfectdogbeds.com/Pages/Dog-Car-Seat.html

Might be too small for your dog. But maybe u could have something that makes the floor infront of the seat the same height as the seat so its like a single big flat area for your dog
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Go back you your idea about fitting a bed in only this time take an old blanket and tuck it into the seats over the leather. Once the blanket is fixed in place, nothing will slide around.