F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Best exhaust system under $1500 for 435i?
ARMA SPEED

09-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #23
peteygasp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Order: 2017 BMW X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerkid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteygasp View Post
Hey everyone decided to go w the M Perf exhaust. I had it installed yesterday and I think it's actually way better sounding then I expected with. I'll probably be adding a catless downpipe in the near future as well if possible.
You wanted "most aggressive" and went with MPE? No doubt you got a nice piece but it won't be very aggressive.
I went with it strictly based on the fact I got it for $850.00, it sounds good enough and I realized the car was a lease so anything else would've voided the warranty (except dinan which I have no interest in)
On Order: 2017 X4 M40i CB/SB
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 01:42 PM   #24
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerkid View Post
You wanted "most aggressive" and went with MPE? No doubt you got a nice piece but it won't be very aggressive. Regardless, being happy with the outcome is the key - and sounds like you are a happy camper.
Agree MPE is not aggressive

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #25
Zakattack20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com
Quote:
You wanted "most aggressive" and went with MPE? No doubt you got a nice piece but it won't be very aggressive. Regardless, being happy with the outcome is the key - and sounds like you are a happy camper.
All these 31 flavors and you picked Vanilla?! Jk. It sounds great still even when mild. An exhaust would be the last thing the dealer would blame for a warranty issue especially catback/axleback.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #26
peteygasp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Order: 2017 BMW X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakattack20
Quote:
Quote:
All these 31 flavors and you picked Vanilla?! Jk. It sounds great still even when mild. An exhaust would be the last thing the dealer would blame for a warranty issue especially catback/axleback.
Haha. I really didn't want to do MPE but the price was too good.
On Order: 2017 X4 M40i CB/SB
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 04:48 PM   #27
Zakattack20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteygasp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakattack20
Quote:
Quote:
Haha. I really didn't want to do MPE but the price was too good.
Haha I was just messing around, that is a good price, I'm sure you will be driving with the windows down for awhile
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #28
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

My fav was Bastuck, arrived within next days and was alltogether 1464,- what contains the muffler, resonator, diffusor, 2 clamps and a mounting bracket. Convert that to $ and find yourself cheap pleased
Oh, I'd like to suggest that we're in Germany not allowed to use race exhaust w/o some noise reduction into the normal street traffic...Im absolutely envious of you folks who could mod the whole car as you like it...

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #29
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

I'm really liking the AWE Tuning Exhaust, highly recommend.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 07:52 AM   #30
dlylis
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

Performance exhaust and warranty

Can anyone offer experience with performance exhaust and warranty? I have the remaining manufacturers warranty on the car and purchased extended warranty. I would like to change out the stock exhaust for Dinan or Borla, or other recommendations others might have. I want a more aggressive note but not LOUD!
I have asked but get a run around and don't want to get the "firm answer" when I find out I have voided the warranty)
2105 435i Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #31
rocklobsta1109
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlylis View Post
Can anyone offer experience with performance exhaust and warranty? I have the remaining manufacturers warranty on the car and purchased extended warranty. I would like to change out the stock exhaust for Dinan or Borla, or other recommendations others might have. I want a more aggressive note but not LOUD!
I have asked but get a run around and don't want to get the "firm answer" when I find out I have voided the warranty)
2105 435i Coupe
If you're just looking at a rear axle back or downpipe back system, the dealer shouldn't give you any hassles. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty act would require your dealer to prove that your aftermarket exhaust caused a specific part failure to deny a warranty claim. I don't understand how most people believe that a single aftermarket part can void your entire car warranty forever.

If you ever experience a dealer trying to pull this move, find a new dealer.
Appreciate 0