F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > New BMW F30 3 Series Eye Candy - On Location in Barcelona
ARMA SPEED

11-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Arrow New BMW F30 3 Series Eye Candy - On Location in Barcelona

BIMMERPOST NEWS
New BMW F30 3 Series Eye Candy - On Location in Barcelona
COMMENTS

We're attending the press drives for the BMW F30 3 series in Barcelona, Spain and to kick off the test drives, BMW has released a new set of high resolution photos of the F30 on location.

The photo sets below feature: all model lines on location at the Circuit de Catalunya Formula 1 track, a 328i Sport Line, and a 320d Modern Line.

We'll post our first drive impressions of the F30 soon, so stay tuned!

For more information/photos on the F30 in general see: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592598
For more information/photos on the F30 model lines see: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598632

Sport Line, Modern Line, and Luxury Line F30 models

328i Sport Line

320d Modern Line

At a glance:
  • The new 3 Series Sedan: sixth generation of the world’s best-selling premium vehicle accentuates the brand’s sporting character with its dynamic lines and athletic overall impression. The new 3 Series Sedan has also grown in terms of dimensions. Particularly striking are its wider track and, as a result, more impressive on-the-road presence. The flat design of the revised BMW kidney grille also serves to underline the car’s sporting feel. A modern interpretation of the classic three-box design with sweeping bonnet, short front overhang, long wheelbase and set-back greenhouse allows the new BMW 3 Series Sedan to project the dynamic allure typical of BMW in even more concentrated form.
  • Increased interior space: a 93-millimetre increase in length enhances the elegant, sporty silhouette of the 3 Series. The rear passengers also gain from the car’s increased exterior dimensions and are welcomed by extra legroom inside the rear doors as they climb aboard. There is also 15 millimetres of additional knee room behind the front seats, while headroom is up by eight millimetres.
  • Classic BMW interior: the cockpit wraps around the driver with a typically BMW driver focus and ensures that all important functions are within easy reach. The impressive ergonomics, high-grade materials and consummate workmanship underline the premium ambience of every model in the range.
  • Three equipment lines: the new BMW 3 Series Sedan is available in three equipment lines in addition to the entry-level version. The Sport Line, Luxury Line and Modern Line allow customers to give their car a personal and eye-catching appearance and adapt it to their individual preferences. The careful coordination of equipment features embraces both exterior design elements and the selection of materials and colours for each model. An M Sport Package with special exterior and interior features is in the pipeline for summer 2012.
  • Outstanding performance and efficiency: powerful engines, top-class chassis technology and a body boasting impressive torsional rigidity allow the new BMW 3 Series to build on its position as the sportiest sedan in its segment. Ride comfort is likewise taken to a new level. Agility and driving dynamics remain specialities of the sports sedan and are key ingredients in the enviable driving pleasure it offers its owners.
  • Improved vehicle handling and enhanced driving pleasure: a longitudinally mounted engine, rear-wheel drive and 50:50 weight distribution are traditional 3 Series features which have characterised driving pleasure in every generation of the car. Four torquey, refined and economical engines, all of which feature state-of-the-art
  • BMW TwinPower Turbo technology, will be available for the new
  • BMW 3 Series Sedan from launch.
  • BMW EfficientDynamics technology in action: noticeable increases in output are accompanied by reductions in fuel consumption and emissions – significant in some cases – over the previous-generation
  • 3 Series. The Auto Start-Stop function comes as standard with all engine-gearbox combinations.
  • BMW 328i with 2.0-litre displacement: its BMW TwinPower Turbo
  • four-cylinder engine fronts a new generation of light and powerful petrol units which fit the new BMW 3 Series’ dynamic concept like a glove. The state-of-the-art turbocharged powerplant develops 180 kW/245 hp and peak torque of 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) from as low down as 1,250 rpm, accelerating the BMW 3 Series from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 5.9 seconds. Average fuel consumption is just 6,4 litres per
  • 100 kilometres (44.1 mpg imp).
  • The BMW 335i is a gift to six-in-line fans: the BMW TwinPower Turbo straight-six petrol engine with 3.0-litre displacement develops peak output of 225 kW/306 hp and maximum torque of 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) at just 1,200 rpm, ensuring that the new BMW 3 Series outstrips the performance of its predecessor, while undercutting its fuel consumption and emissions.
  • More economical and lower in pollutant emissions: the high-output BMW TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder diesel engine puts an even more efficient foot forward. The cutting-edge unit gives the BMW 320d 135 kW/184 hp and 380 Nm (280 lb-ft) of torque and also powers the BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Edition. Here it combines peak output of 120 kW/163 hp with average fuel consumption in the EU driving cycle of just 4,1 litres of diesel per 100 kilometres (68.9 mpg imp).
  • And finally, the first full-hybrid compact sports sedan will celebrate its premium segment premiere in autumn 2012. The new
  • BMW ActiveHybrid 3 will see innovative BMW ActiveHybrid drive technology blend with the sporting character of the BMW 3 Series to dynamic and efficient effect.
  • Eight-speed automatic gearbox for all models: the new sports sedan comes as standard with a cutting-edge six-speed manual gearbox. An eight-speed automatic, which supports the Auto Start-Stop function, can be specified as an option in conjunction with all the petrol and diesel engines for the new BMW 3 Series.
  • Driving Experience Control with ECO PRO mode comes with four driving programs: the new function allows the driver to choose between sporty, ultra-sporty, comfortable and extremely economical driving. ECO PRO mode helps drivers of all 3 Series models to maintain an economy-optimised driving style and therefore increase the distance the car can travel on each tank of fuel. Brake Energy Regeneration, the Optimum Shift Indicator, a disengageable air conditioning compressor in many models and the need-based operation of ancillary components all contribute to further reductions in fuel consumption.
  • BMW ConnectedDrive gives safety a boost: a constantly expanding range of driver assistance systems responding to the most diverse driving situations ensure even greater safety and assurance. In a new development in this premium class, the new BMW 3 Series Sedan will be available with the latest-generation full-colour Head-Up Display. Safety is further enhanced by the Lane Change Warning System and Lane Departure Warning System. The Active Protection safety package, Advanced eCall and preventive occupant protection measures help to avoid accidents or, should the worst come to the worst, reduce their impact.
  • BMW ConnectedDrive meets the most advanced standards of infotainment: high-functionality interface technology enables the driver and passengers to make extensive use of external mobile phones and music players inside the new BMW 3 Series Sedan. New Bluetooth office functions allow internet-based services such as weather, news etc., as well as calendar entries and text-based messages (SMS and e-mail), to be viewed in the Control Display of the iDrive operating system and read out via the Text to Speech function.
  • Maximising comfort with BMW ConnectedDrive: comfort-enhancing technologies developed under the BMW ConnectedDrive umbrella include BMW Parking Assistant, Surround View, Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function, Speed Limit Info including No Passing Info display, and Real-Time Traffic Information (RTTI).
  • A body structure boasting particularly high torsional rigidity and far-reaching active and passive safety systems provides maximum occupant protection. An intelligent lightweight body construction with flow-optimised underbody structure, Air Curtain technology – making its debut – for improved air flow around the front wheels, and sophisticated chassis technology with high light-alloy content play their part in laying on sporty handling, high agility and further enhanced ride comfort.
  • A wide range of storage compartments enhance practicality: two large drinks holders are now integrated into the centre console ahead of the gearshift lever; these can be replaced by the oddments tray also included in the range of standard equipment. The front and rear door pockets now contain generous stowage surfaces, and the front doors have space for drinks bottles up to one litre in size. Boot capacity has increased by 20 litres. An optional through-loading system with 40:20:40 folding rear seat backrest offers flexible transportation solutions for bulky goods.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Still need some more time for it to grow on me.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
ChuckD05
NeedsMoarBoost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i / 06 e90 325xi

Garage List
i love the interior but really dont love the exterior... dont hate it, but i like the pre lci e90 body the best and the lci tail and head lights... that would be my percent 4 door 3 series...
      11-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD05 View Post
i love the interior but really dont love the exterior... dont hate it, but i like the pre lci e90 body the best and the lci tail and head lights... that would be my percent 4 door 3 series...
I am with you. I love the interior and think the exterior is ok. I liek the E90 LCI M sport exterior better. Same thing happened for me from E46 ZHP to E90, so I am sure by the second year of production I'll be wanting one.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Dave4501
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10, E70, E64, and E60

That Modern interior trim looks worse everytime I see more photos. Is it supposed to be wood trim? Also, that tan dash and steering wheel is so hard to stomach. To me, this looks like an attempt to get more females interested in a 3 but I don't think it will work.

The sport interior is fine but I just think that red trim on the dash is too cheap looking. Hopefully, that can be easily changed to black. The red stitching is also nice but looks a bit underdone in some areas on the seats. I would prefer wood trim on the sport car but I don't think that will be an option from BMW.

I really like the fact that the black interior has a black headliner. Today's 3 has a tan or gray headliner and never looks finished to me on anything other than tan or gray.
RETIRED: '08 650i, '07 530i, '06 330i, '00 323ciC
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
M-Power111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW....yet

Sport line for sure.

BMW=
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Power111 View Post
Sport line for sure.
for sure
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #8
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

dude the door sills that say BMW LUXURY are the tackiest thing I have ever seen in my life. Imagine opening that door and someone reading BMW luxury as they are about to get in the car, it's like yeah my BMW really has luxury look you can even read it on the doors, pathetic. the exterior of the car is gorgeous though.
      11-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #9
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
jesus...
those headlights...
I just can't stand it.

Everything else looks great. The rear, side, interior, even the keyfob, all A+ in my book.

WHO DESIGNED THOSE HEADLIGHTS.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
ATSR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1977 Honda Civic

The more I look at it, the more I fall madly in love with it

That wood trim from the Modern line is hideous though. It seems it was stolen from the Flintstones.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #11
jon328i
Wheelmaster
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39, S209, VB-WRX

F30 looks is growing on me as i see more road tests, reviews and pics! And i think the Bridgestone RFT's still continues piss us off on the F30 as i see the rear muffler positioned transversely on the 328i!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #12
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I love the new 3 series.

but couldn't help not thinking about these guys LOL

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #13
JCLBoston
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Not sure how I missed this before, but based on the pics, it looks like you could still have body-colored mirrors on Sport line rather than the black that I've read about? Or maybe that's just for Europe??

Personally, not a fan of the black mirrors on a non-black car.
      11-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
Lagger1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: valvetronic engaged

So far, really enjoying the overall design, do want-

Likes: 19" rims on sport line, return of reflectors in rear bumper(e46 nod), more driver oriented dash (especially the little connector peice from upper to lower dash-kinda blocks the passenger off), rear headrests all fold-down, angled kidneys & lower front fascia

Dislikes: Interior looks soft, almost too plushy, especially the seats. Sport line just got the spill over from luxury line. Would prefer to see sportier seats/steering wheel in sport line similar to current offering. Nose maybe a little too pointy?

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:19 AM   #15
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Can someone clarify something for me.

These different models are all types of "SE" spec (in E90 terms) right? But with different options ticked.

I note that the sport line does have slightly different bumpers, etc. But this is nothing like the M sport spec on previous revisions for the aggression levels and the notability of bodywork changes.

So is there going to be a 335i sport line M sport? Bit of a mouthful! Or does anyone know how this will work out ?

Sorry if it's an obvious question.
      11-30-2011, 07:39 AM   #16
pcbrew
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT

I am not familiar with "SE" spec term, but each line will have slightly different front details and will limit the interior color choices and combos.
Look at this thread: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612707

There will be a separate M-Sport release in July/Aug with more aggressive appearance. This thread has a tab with M-Sport pictures: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592598
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #17
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

I can't believe that they put "sport", "modern" etc badges on these things!! WTF. That reminds me of cheap dealer added scoops and stripes etc. Tacky, tacky, tacky. Do the people around you need to know what trim line it is? I don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 09:44 AM   #18
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post
I can't believe that they put "sport", "modern" etc badges on these things!! WTF. That reminds me of cheap dealer added scoops and stripes etc. Tacky, tacky, tacky. Do the people around you need to know what trim line it is? I don't get it.
It does remind me of the 80's and early 90's when GM would put a badge on their cars for nearly everything. My favorite was "ABS", as if that was somehow useful to announce to pass cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah. Like 2 revisions old S class Mercs that had a big "elegance" badge down the door trim
      11-30-2011, 05:33 PM   #20
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
I am not familiar with "SE" spec term, but each line will have slightly different front details and will limit the interior color choices and combos.
Look at this thread: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612707

There will be a separate M-Sport release in July/Aug with more aggressive appearance. This thread has a tab with M-Sport pictures: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592598
Many thanks
      11-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #21
pcbrew
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaker View Post

Thankfully, these are deleted on US models.

Not sure about Canada...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #22
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
Thankfully, these are deleted on US models.

Not sure about Canada...
Are you sure, i thought us models say the line on the side(i hope its not the case tho) not a fan of those badges on the side.