F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F36 MPPK Consumption? + EcoDrive Malfunction?
proTUNING Freaks

04-06-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
platinumestates
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i XDrive Gran Coupe

Garage List
F36 MPPK Consumption? + EcoDrive Malfunction?

Hi to all,

Thanks for the assist with your knowledge in advance.

I recently bought a 2016 f36 (white on red, pics coming soon) with the Stage 2 power kit (I believe that's what we call it here in Canada?). I haven't gotten any info on the consumption k/100km should be, any guidance? (factory installed)

Second to that, I am normally driving about 80% eco and 20% comfort, was getting say 530-540km a tank then it just dropped to around 450-470km, and reason for that I should look into to?

I've been trying to track it with the avg consumption on the onboard computer info, but I keep getting 11L/100km as an average and I've been purposely driving like a grandma with 110-120km / h on highway WITH cruise control. Is this normal?

I saw some guys in another post state that 31mpg is good for them but that's an average of 7.5L/100 km, what gives?

So, for some reason when I bought the car, it had been sitting unsold for a few months and I imagine the battery became weaker in the state, and there were some minor malfunctions (gear change mistimings during cold starts, windows not operating fully) but the battery has since been replaced brand new, and the issue with the mileage remains.

Last but not least, looking for some good aftermarket recommendations for M Performance kit (front lip *prefer splitters vs whole kit for 1st year*, diffuser, spoiler lip and *don't kill me for this* M style double slat black grills with the M colouring)

Sample: https://www.amazon.ca/KKmoon-Center-...rds=kkmoon+bmw

Any recommendations / suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in ADVANCE.

http://listings.boostmotorgroup.com/...toryID=4121395 - My purchase - No idea how I stole all this for 44.5K CAD but
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Any m performance power kit from the factory shouldn't have any effect on fuel economy or emissions as far as I'm aware. You shouldn't have any drivetrain malfunction as it is a fully warrantied factory part.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
platinumestates
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i XDrive Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Any m performance power kit from the factory shouldn't have any effect on fuel economy or emissions as far as I'm aware. You shouldn't have any drivetrain malfunction as it is a fully warrantied factory part.
Damn, so I'm supposed to be getting 11-11.5L/100km on average and this is 80% eco pro mode? lol jesus.

I thought gas consumption would be going down every new generation, my last car was a 2006 330i manual and I would still get a comfortable 530km/tank with aggressive driving.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #4
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumestates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Damn, so I'm supposed to be getting 11-11.5L/100km on average and this is 80% eco pro mode? lol jesus.

I thought gas consumption would be going down every new generation, my last car was a 2006 330i manual and I would still get a comfortable 530km/tank with aggressive driving.
The power kit will keep fuel consumption the same relative to without it. You should be getting lower fuel consumption than with older models but it depends on which car you're comparing to and several other factors. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Appreciate 0