F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Top view camera question
ARMA SPEED

09-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #1
KevinO
Warrior-Poet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Top view camera question

Have had my M-Sport 335i for less than a week and I'm paranoid about hitting/scraping a tall parking block or curb with the bottom nose of the car (something I certainly did more than once in my e90). The top view camera makes it a lot easier to judge, but I just noticed the red bar that shows in front of the car image on the left (camera) side, separate from the colored free/yellow/red 'sonar' view to the right.

Wondering if anyone knows if that red bar is triggered by a separate sensor aimed down for curbs or parking blocks, vs. the general PDC sensors? Basically, I'm wondering how possible it is that the PDC sensor is green/yellow but I scrape a parking block because it's low enough not to register on the PDC.

Or is that red bar triggered by something looking for something low like that?
Appreciate 0