F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Looking for Honeymoon advice / recommendations
Extreme Powerhouse

11-08-2015, 01:04 PM   #23
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

We did 3 weeks in Maui and was fantastic
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #24
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

If money is no object - Maldives. Alternatively - Bali.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 03:23 PM   #25
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

If it were me, I'd do Paris in April; food, art, shopping. Run through the streets during the day - wine and food at night.

Do the tropical islands when life gets hectic and you need to get away from civilization.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #26
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Forget the honeymoon for now, go sit in a quiet room and stare at a mirror, do it for an hour or so. Ask yourself the hard questions you've been avoiding because you're excited, the very hardest of hard questions. Don't look away from the mirror. Answer the questions, out loud.

If you walk out the room feeling 100% fine, plan the honeymoon, of not, bail.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 08:44 PM   #27
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Forget the honeymoon for now, go sit in a quiet room and stare at a mirror, do it for an hour or so. Ask yourself the hard questions you've been avoiding because you're excited, the very hardest of hard questions. Don't look away from the mirror. Answer the questions, out loud.

If you walk out the room feeling 100% fine, plan the honeymoon, of not, bail.
That's tough criteria I think everyone would be single
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #28
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
first off, congrats! secondly my wife and i got married this passed april. we actually waited a little bit for the honeymoon since we couldn't decide where to go and when. we eventually decided to go to europe (paris, france and florence, italy). we held off until the first week of september since it was the best time for me to take off of work and the weather was absolutely perfect. beautiful cities, wonderful food... both locations were an absolute delight of an experience to visit; something neither of us can ever forget. we still talk about it today. we miss it dearly and hope to go back soon.

skip the beaches. they are completely forgettable. make the most of the honeymoon and do something that you can remember for the rest of your life.
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #29
MChat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 (en route)

Garage List
Cruise. It's the way to vacation, you get to see multiple places and the hotel comes with you so you only have to unpack and repack once.

My wife and I did our first cruise on our honeymoon. It was a Western Caribbean Princess Cruise (Grand Turks and Caicos, Rotan, Cozumel and Princess Cays) was a bit longer than what you're looking at (9 days) and worth every penny.

Paid for a Balcony room, got a free upgrade to Premium Balcony (possibly due to first time on Princess?), then another free upgrade to Mini-Suite when I informed Princess that it was our honeymoon (your mileage may vary).

Wife and I loved it so much, we've decided to go on more cruises. Went on one so far (only been married a little over a year) and plan on more as soon as our 3 month old son is a little older.

We swam with the dolphins at Grand Turks, petted some Sting Rays there too. Did some shopping at Rotan, went on a tour in Cozumel and had a great time relaxing on the beach at Princess Cays.

The food onboard was awesome, we probably would have both gained a bit of weight but we found ways to work it off.

2016 BMW M3 (stock)
2005 Jeep LJ (slightly modified)
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #30
jaco
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII

You need to decide an area first. You have so many options out there you'll get lost.

My ideas:

- Maui/Kona combo
- Fiji & Australia
- St Johns
- Vahine Island

2015 Chevy SS In
2011 E90 M3 DCT SSII Out
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #31
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Doing 3 weeks in Europe going to Berlin, Prague, Munich, Paris, and London in May. Gonna stay at nice hotels and eat good food while doing touristy things at leisure. We did Lihue on Kauaii as a pre-hunnymoon earlier this year and would also recommend that if you want tropical.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #32
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

My wife and I went to London and to the Seychelles for our honeymoon.

Would definitely recommend the Seychelles if you can handle the long flight. Lots to see and do on the different islands.

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #33
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Son, you need to learn something FAST if you are getting married. It doesn't matter ONE BIT what any of us think. Wife not Happy, nobody Happy. Even if you don't like what she proposes, you LIKE what she proposes. And then you make it happen for her.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #34
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Son, you need to learn something FAST if you are getting married. It doesn't matter ONE BIT what any of us think. Wife not Happy, nobody Happy. Even if you don't like what she proposes, you LIKE what she proposes. And then you make it happen for her.
Sorry, but that's bad advice. You are setting yourself up to fail if you always bow down to the other. If you always give your wife everything she wants then she may not be the right girl for you and only wants your money. You should talk to your wife and discuss (as a couple) what the both of you think is best and make decisions off of that, that's the basis of a relationship, otherwise you'll be pussy-whipped and miserable your whole life and she will get bored with you.

Of course it's good to get ideas from us here to discuss with your wife, why not?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #35
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
This, the one in Maui or split time between them. It's your honeymoon. Stay in a really nice resort wherever you go.
My parents stayed at the 4 seasons Maui this past summer and were pretty disappointed.

My girlfriend and I have gone to the all-inclusive resorts in Playa Mujeres (Excellence and Beloved), Mexico the past 2 years and they are incredible, food is not mind blowing but the service is top notch especially for the price. We book through expedia and the trip is usually around $2200 for 5 nights including non-stop flights. My parents joined us this past year and my sister just went for her honeymoon. The only problem is that they are fairly secluded from the rest of the Cancun area, so it can be difficult to stay entertained if you are there for more than 4-5 days, unless you like planning full day trips to the ruins or Isla Mujeres, I'm not much of a planner so those never end up really working for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #36
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

My wife and I spend 7 days and 6 nights at the Sandals Grand St. Lucia...We had a private villa with 24hr butler service. All meals and alcohol were included. It was pretty much the most amazing vacation of my life. let me walk you through a day:

- Wake up to the butler delivering French toast, bacon, fresh fruit and juices.
- Take a shower in the outdoor area of the bathroom surrounded by tropical plants and birds.
- Phone the butler that my wife and I were going to be walking to the beach (100 yards away) and to have a cabanna reserved and set up for us.
- Pour a mimosa from my private fully stocked bar (all included in the cost of the room)
- Walk out to the private cabanna and relax listing to the waves crash and taking in unbelievable Caribbean island sights drinking various iced martinis for a few hours
- Ring the butler on the provided cell phone and order lunch, usually a big cheese burger with bacon and BBQ sauce with fries.
- Head back to the room for a little nap
- wake up and pour some rum and coke from the bar and head out on an excursion, weather it be a catamaran tour of the island, zip lining through the tropical forest, exploring old colonial forts or visiting the local bazar.
- Return to the hotel for whatever huge party they had planned for the late afternoon - evening.
- Head back to the room for a shower and get dressed for dinner at one of the resorts themed restaurants which were surprisingly good.
- return to the room to champagne on ice and enjoy the evening in my private pool/hot tub.

The butler service option is a MUST, well worth the premium and if you can afford one of the villas or roundovals that is also well worth it.

Word of advice, pace yourself on the booze, wear sunscreen at all times, and book as many of the excursions as you can.

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #37
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Isla mujeres is nice but we did as a 1 day while staying in Playa del Carmen. Think multiple days there would be fairly boring as have to boat to cancun.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #38
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Sandals in Bahamas - GREAT food, very clean beaches but the hotel look is getting a bit old. Was an awesome experience but can get pricey. If you're thinking April/May you'll score some solid deals.

Secrets the Vine, Cancun - Half the price of Sandals, very contemporary, beaches and water are better than Sandals. The food, although good, was a hit or a miss. Some pictures attached:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #39
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
Sorry, but that's bad advice. You are setting yourself up to fail if you always bow down to the other. If you always give your wife everything she wants then she may not be the right girl for you and only wants your money. You should talk to your wife and discuss (as a couple) what the both of you think is best and make decisions off of that, that's the basis of a relationship, otherwise you'll be pussy-whipped and miserable your whole life and she will get bored with you.

Of course it's good to get ideas from us here to discuss with your wife, why not?
I couldn't find the sarcasm font, son. SARCASM font.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #40
mashimarho
BMW GENIUS
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
+1 bora bora, overwater bungalows

Costco surprisingly has the most competitive prices. Check them out.
I will check out Costco!
      11-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #41
mashimarho
BMW GENIUS
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Thank you so much for the info guys! Please keep them coming! We're taking in all the options!
      11-09-2015, 11:45 AM   #42
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I couldn't find the sarcasm font, son. SARCASM font.
Sounded less like sarcasm and more like pussy-whipped, SON!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #43
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

pretty much Secrets Resorts anywhere is my recommendation. My honeymoon we went to Secrets - Riviera Maya and loved it. Weve done Secrets - Cozumel, Secrets - Punta Cana Dominican and they were all of the same quality and experience.

We did a Dreams Resort - Riviera Maya and were disappointed in it, and we did another all inclusive in Cancun and it wasnt as nice as anticipated.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #44
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
My parents stayed at the 4 seasons Maui this past summer and were pretty disappointed.

My girlfriend and I have gone to the all-inclusive resorts in Playa Mujeres (Excellence and Beloved), Mexico the past 2 years and they are incredible, food is not mind blowing but the service is top notch especially for the price. We book through expedia and the trip is usually around $2200 for 5 nights including non-stop flights. My parents joined us this past year and my sister just went for her honeymoon. The only problem is that they are fairly secluded from the rest of the Cancun area, so it can be difficult to stay entertained if you are there for more than 4-5 days, unless you like planning full day trips to the ruins or Isla Mujeres, I'm not much of a planner so those never end up really working for me.
It's been a while since I was there but would be surprised if a Four Seasons went downhill. What disappointed them about it?