F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > M Performance suspension, too rough?
proTUNING Freaks

06-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #67
munch520
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealm3 View Post
pic is a bit blurry, but based on my install of the E90, the top two look like rubber spring pads for the rear spring and the bottom item looks like the front spring pad.
OK that makes sense, that was my assumption. But you know what they say about those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
correct. they are rubber mounts for the bottom and top part of the spring. if your shop i reputable, you shouldnt have to explain to them how to install it all ha.
Haha right! I assume the front rubber ones are for the bottom, since the silver discs go at the top.

I'm actually working with an independent guy, only a couple hundred for install and I'll get to assist/learn so you can't beat that. He's a well versed BMW guy and I'm sure he knows where they go. But just wanted to be sure.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #68
vip
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Alpine White M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
OK that makes sense, that was my assumption. But you know what they say about those.

Haha right! I assume the front rubber ones are for the bottom, since the silver discs go at the top.

I'm actually working with an independent guy, only a couple hundred for install and I'll get to assist/learn so you can't beat that. He's a well versed BMW guy and I'm sure he knows where they go. But just wanted to be sure.

Thanks guys!
yeah! the silver disc you speak of is the tophat i believe. which goes on top of the strut.