F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > HIDs for Fogs?
proTUNING Freaks

10-14-2016, 06:22 AM   #1
F30Drew
IG: AndrewRodriiguez_
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i x Drive Sport 6M/T

Garage List
HIDs for Fogs?

I don't know if anyone else has tried to install HIDs in their fog lights but they did not work for me. I like my Fogs, I just don't like the ugly white bulbs. I tried the HIDs and they turned on. Sometimes they would just go out randomly while driving or not turn on at all and FOG MAL light would pop up on my HUD. Sometimes its one or the other, or both.

I'm not sure if it was cause of the HID itself?

Has anyone else use any other type of bulb that works no problem?

or has anyone used HIDs no problem?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
evdok
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330D M/SPORT xDRIVE INDIVIDUAL

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1298641

You will need coding to get rid of bulb error & stop them from flickering, all can be done if you have the Carly app & adapter unless you code yourself.

Evdok

Appreciate 1
F30Drew85.50
      10-14-2016, 07:20 AM   #3
F30Drew
IG: AndrewRodriiguez_
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i x Drive Sport 6M/T

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdok View Post
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1298641

You will need coding to get rid of bulb error & stop them from flickering, all can be done if you have the Carly app & adapter unless you code yourself.
ahh perfect! I don't code but if that's what needs to get done I know a guy who can help me out for sure!

11-21-2016, 02:27 PM   #4
Mr.Apo11o
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2130 F30 N20 328i

Talking LED Fog Kit | No Error

Aloha,

I have used HID kits before and have had issues with all brands, either flickering or fitment, ballast to big ect...

Found these and was a little skeptical at first but honestly the best Kit I have ever owned.

First of all the price is not bad at all comparing them to any quality HID Kit and in addition has a great warranty. They fit perfectly with no wobble on both H7 headlights/high beam and H8 Fogs.

The color is fantastic, the best way to describe the color is like the older Lexus and Infinity headlights, white with a small/tiny hint of blue, not "ghetto" by far. They turn on instantly with no need to warm up, No errors.

they fit perfectly into the headlight housing, the difference from Halogen to these LED's are incredible, I drove from Orlando to Miami 3.5hr drive at night and these lights gave me great confidence on the road, visibility is phenomenal and did not get any drivers flashing their lights at me, so in conclusion the glare is minimal.

I stopped next to a new 2016 Mercedes CLS equipped with their new LED adaptive headlights and the color was exactly the same.

i have to admit angel eyes and projection HID looks and performs the best, but if you are not in the market to spend a check on headlights, I highly recommend these.

Ill be making a post with before and after pictures & videos.

PM me if you have any questions.

https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...og-Light-Bulb/
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #5
SmokedTabasco
Rep
Drives: F30 M-sport

I'm having a nightmare trying to upgrade my fog lights, tried a couple different led ones but they were flickering and giving me errors, in the end went for some 'white' halogen bulbs but they look rubbish
not sure if a hid kit is in my skill set but if anyone has done it would love to see pics
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 06:11 AM   #6
mflinster
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M Sport

Hid fogs will be simple to install looks more daunting than it actually is. More or less plug and play with the kits. There is a few videos on YouTube showing how it's done ����
Appreciate 0