F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > convince me to stick it out please
GetBMWParts

02-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
335ny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

convince me to stick it out please

Sup guys, so I ordered a eb 335 m sport, on 12/24/2012, dealer placed order on the 26th, got production number on january 8th. Dealer of course told me dont worry, it will be here in two months. Tracking said it was a white xi, which I assummed the dealer didnt have any allocation so they traded for one. Anyway long story short, its been 8 weeks from order and still hasnt entered production.
Everyday I get more and more pissed off, because I feel like if the dealer didnt have a slot, he shouldve told me when I asked do you have allocations.
Been thinking of cancelling order and maybe looking at something else, I just need the forum to hold my hand through the waiting, and convince me to stick it out.
This is the third dealer I went too, and they gave me the best price, so I dont really feel like starting the process all over again.
thanks for letting me vent.
p
      02-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ny View Post
Sup guys, so I ordered a eb 335 m sport, on 12/24/2012, dealer placed order on the 26th, got production number on january 8th. Dealer of course told me dont worry, it will be here in two months. Tracking said it was a white xi, which I assummed the dealer didnt have any allocation so they traded for one. Anyway long story short, its been 8 weeks from order and still hasnt entered production.
Everyday I get more and more pissed off, because I feel like if the dealer didnt have a slot, he shouldve told me when I asked do you have allocations.
Been thinking of cancelling order and maybe looking at something else, I just need the forum to hold my hand through the waiting, and convince me to stick it out.
This is the third dealer I went too, and they gave me the best price, so I dont really feel like starting the process all over again.
p
Lying to you about the allocation is wrong. And if I were you, I'd probably threaten to cancel the order. Or better yet, shop somewhere else first. Then cancel it.

When I ordered my F30, I actually did cancel the order because the CA pissed me off. The next day, the Manager called me to apologize and offered to give me the car at invoice if I stayed with the order. I told him I'd think about it; and after a few days, I decided to go along with the order. Never saw or talked to that CA again.

That being said, this might not work for you; as it seems that F30s are selling like hotcakes now.

Good luck and hang in there. Once you get it, it will have been worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

At the very least, badger the CA/his manager into giving you a loaner until the car arrives. Tell them you'll cancel the order if they don't. This way at least you'll get to drive an F30 until yours arrives.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
okjohnho
Rep
Drives: 2013 f30 335i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ny
p
I ordered my car nov 4, it's a 335i sport line. Still haven't gotten my car, just reached port yesterday I believe.

Been the most agonizing wait ever, but a lot of it had to do with the fact that I was quoted a substantially shorter time.

But 8 weeks and still in production doesn't sound right? Has your ca given you any other updates?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
335ny
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks guys, my head tells me to just wait it out, but my ego tells me to tell them to go fuck off.
CA emails me friday telling me not to worry, its a problem at the factory, I ve told myself that if it doesnt get into production by february 26, then Ill cancel it.
I do feel like waiting it out, just so I can f them on the survey.
      02-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
m2michael23
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Thanks guys, my head tells me to just wait it out, but my ego tells me to tell them to go fuck off.
CA emails me friday telling me not to worry, its a problem at the factory, I ve told myself that if it doesnt get into production by february 26, then Ill cancel it.
I do feel like waiting it out, just so I can f them on the survey.
Looks like they are throwing the ball to each other.
When I put the order on 12/11, my Internet Sales didn't allocate till 27th. I think you just need to ask over and over again. Now my sweety is on the boat.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Find another allocation before you cancel anything or buy a cadillac or something. The car is well worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
I placed my order with my dealer on Jan 12th.
Before I put down my deposit, I didn't really understand the allocation game...the salesman assured me that he has a 335 allocation and he will email me the production number on Monday since it was almost end of day Saturday.
And he didn't send me anything during the following week. I emailed him a couple of times, no response. called him, no response. called his manager, the manager said he will get back to me real soon...
After calling the dealership like everyday in the next 2 weeks, he finally confessed that they are waiting for an allocation.

Then I started contacting the other dealers in this area to find out who has allocations for the model. At the same time I called the manager again to express how disappointed I am and I really don't want to order my car from them since they lie to their customers.

The manager called me back last week, said they have got an allocation for my order, and my order is transferred to another salesperson because the previous guy "no longer works here".
I'm still not convinced since the production no he sent me does not have a scheduled production date. I'm gonna contact the new salesperson again this week and see when a production date can be assigned, and I'm cancelling my order if his answer does not satisfy me. :/

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
335ny
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
I placed my order with my dealer on Jan 12th.
Before I put down my deposit, I didn't really understand the allocation game...the salesman assured me that he has a 335 allocation and he will email me the production number on Monday since it was almost end of day Saturday.
And he didn't send me anything during the following week. I emailed him a couple of times, no response. called him, no response. called his manager, the manager said he will get back to me real soon...
After calling the dealership like everyday in the next 2 weeks, he finally confessed that they are waiting for an allocation.

Then I started contacting the other dealers in this area to find out who has allocations for the model. At the same time I called the manager again to express how disappointed I am and I really don't want to order my car from them since they lie to their customers.

The manager called me back last week, said they have got an allocation for my order, and my order is transferred to another salesperson because the previous guy "no longer works here".
I'm still not convinced since the production no he sent me does not have a scheduled production date. I'm gonna contact the new salesperson again this week and see when a production date can be assigned, and I'm cancelling my order if his answer does not satisfy me. :/
Damn pallymore, at least you got those clowns to admit they lied to you. Im stiill trying to get the truth from my guys, but im assuming they lied to me too.
the only thing got my interest besides 335 is the s4, but its a tough choice. they dont want to deal on those things
      02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
nick1212
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport 6MT - Gone soon

Quote:
p

Did you try calling BMWNA to see when your exact production week is? Not sure if you did this already but based on production number BMWCA was able to provide me the production week. Just my two cents.

Previous - 2013 335i Sport Line Sapphire Black 6MT with Premium Package, Extended BT, BMW Assist & Lane Departure Warning System, M Sport Suspension & VSS
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Damn pallymore, at least you got those clowns to admit they lied to you. Im stiill trying to get the truth from my guys, but im assuming they lied to me too.
the only thing got my interest besides 335 is the s4, but its a tough choice. they dont want to deal on those things
According to the information I got from another dealer a few weeks ago:
there's a shortage of N55 engine allocations right now...especially for the mid-west region. Many dealers are waiting for that...I can see it's really hard to trade for one if they don't have it already.
And, bmw has issued some additional 335/535 allocations to the dealers last week.

In your situation, if you already have a production no, your dealer should be able to tell you the production week of your order within 2-3 weeks after they officially place your order with BMW.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
kas335
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335 M Sport

I ordered my 335 September 1st 2012 and was promised that I'd have it in November. Really didn't understand the allocation system at the time and what this order process entailed. Finally collected the car Feb 1st and to be honest I've almost completely forgotten about the wait. Can't tell you to stick it out but to me the car sure is worth the wait I went through.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #13
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

I'd say either stick it out, and harrass them for a loaner car, or buy a 335 that's closest to what you want off some dealer's lot. If you back out now and get an S4, you'll be driving along someday, see a 335, and your heart will sink. Been there, done that, never again.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

I'd start looking at other dealers now in the meantime...email them the specs you want, and make SURE they send you an actual spec sheet/order sheet if they find a car that's close.

Then get the price the way you want it, and negotiate in a loaner at 6 weeks. or 7.

At this point, if your current dealer doesn't have a prod number/allocation, you're not losing much time by just ordering another car the way you want it from a nicer dealer.
      02-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
AndDown
Just Copacetic!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F22 230i MSport

At OP: do you have the VIR (vehicle inquiry report) from the dealer? With that you can figure out where your car is being manufactured. If its from the SA plant, I've read that it's been taking longer just to get into production, plus it will take a few weeks extra for shipping. All the best to you!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Start emailing the largest BMW dealers in your area, tell them what you're looking for and have them find it for you. Don't wait anymore.

I ordered on 10/15 & my original carr isn't here yet. I found a dealer who found me a car within 10 days that I bought 12/6. I got a better price and got my car over two months ago.

It's sad this entire BMW order process is so screwed up it's ridiculous. In the end you might even get a better car than you originally ordered.
Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #17
335ny
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDown View Post
At OP: do you have the VIR (vehicle inquiry report) from the dealer? With that you can figure out where your car is being manufactured. If its from the SA plant, I've read that it's been taking longer just to get into production, plus it will take a few weeks extra for shipping. All the best to you!
got the vir as soon as he ordered it, it says its being made in germany, unless the codes changed.
got a call into him to find out exactly whats going on.
thanks guys, i really wanna wait i just dont want it to take 4 months.
      02-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #18
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

just change dealerships...these guys are being shady.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
got the vir as soon as he ordered it, it says its being made in germany, unless the codes changed.
got a call into him to find out exactly whats going on.
thanks guys, i really wanna wait i just dont want it to take 4 months.
even if you ordered today, (at a non shady dealer) and got a SA build, your car would be here in less than 4 months. Probably 10-11 weeks. If you make a loaner at 6 or 7 weeks as part of the deal, the wait will be much easier to bear.

The wait sucks, when i first ordered my car i was like holy cow that's a long time. But i learned, to not enjoy it, but make the best out of it by reading up on the car, planning mods etc. Then you are rewarded by getting the exact car you want.

I wouldn't waste any more time at your current dealer, but i wish you the best as i know it's hard starting over.
      02-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #20
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

While I don't condone the fact that so many dealers flat out lie about what can be done, it's all about the fact that demand is outpacing supply right now. There are a whole lot of guys out there that aren't smart enough to realize that their tall tails will come back to bite them in the ass when clients figure out they're being lied to. There aren't any sitting around in inventory. About the only way to score another build is to luck out and find one that's recently been cancelled by someone else.

In your case, I'd keep pressing for info. It wouldn't hurt to call around, but it's unlikely you'll improve your chances. Even if you walk in mandating that they prove they have allocations other dealers might follow the same path this dealer has.

The wait sucks, but it's well worth it!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #21
Vector Pilot
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 28i

I recommend asking the dealer to do a dealer search in their zone for the same or similar 335i M Sport. If they say no, move on.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #22
AndDown
Just Copacetic!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F22 230i MSport

With higher demand for the 328's and gearing up for the 320's, it's likely that BMW is scaling back on the 335 production, hence the longer wait.
Appreciate 0