F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Will my car be the first F30 LEMON??
Studio RSR

05-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #23
Sphinx-3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxCritical View Post
I'm really interested in learning how this works out for you! Please keep the thread updated. I have lemoned a car in the past and it is a lengthy process. Good luck!!
So here's the latest update: the dealer called me today and said there's a team of engineers working on this issue and testing couple options.He spoke to them personally. They asked me to be patient while they finish this task.
I told them I needed to cover my back and I sent the certified notification according to the Lemon Law. So in case they put this issue on the back burner, I will be going to the next step immediately.
Honestly, I hope they could fix it. It doesn't seem to be a big deal. Change the bad part and everyone will be happy!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #24
RxCritical
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx-3 View Post
So here's the latest update: the dealer called me today and said there's a team of engineers working on this issue and testing couple options.He spoke to them personally. They asked me to be patient while they finish this task.
I told them I needed to cover my back and I sent the certified notification according to the Lemon Law. So in case they put this issue on the back burner, I will be going to the next step immediately.
Honestly, I hope they could fix it. It doesn't seem to be a big deal. Change the bad part and everyone will be happy!
The team part is the same story I heard from my dealer. I agree completely, if they just fix it there is no issue. That's all I wanted from the start. Let's hope it doesn't take 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #25
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Honestly, I really hope you guys get this sorted out ASAP!

We all love BMW's and know they are the best driving machines. I currently own a 2007 335i and can't wait to get my F30.

One thing is for sure: I've done my research! The c class or the a4, comes no where close to the F30.

In particular, I was so close to getting the C350 but after two test drives, I couldn't get my self satisfied. I priced out a fully optioned 328i and the price matched a fully optioned C350. But even with this, I'd still get the 328i.

I really wish you guys get your problems sorted out ASAP and stay with BMW. These are great driving machines.

I know the dealers can be a serious pain in the butt but I guess you need to know your options. If they're not providing the service they promised, then a little threat would be the right way forward.

I wish you both good luck and hopefully you'll get the right thing out of this...
      05-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #26
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Honestly, I really hope you guys get this sorted out ASAP!

We all love BMW's and know they are the best driving machines. I currently own a 2007 335i and can't wait to get my F30.

One thing is for sure: I've done my research! The c class or the a4, comes no where close to the F30.

In particular, I was so close to getting the C350 but after two test drives, I couldn't get my self satisfied. I priced out a fully optioned 328i and the price matched a fully optioned C350. But even with this, I'd still get the 328i.

I really wish you guys get your problems sorted out ASAP and stay with BMW. These are great driving machines.

I know the dealers can be a serious pain in the butt but I guess you need to know your options. If they're not providing the service they promised, then a little threat would be the right way forward.

I wish you both good luck and hopefully you'll get the right thing out of this...
Agree, but different strokes for different folks
      05-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #27
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfear View Post
BMW probably lost out on my wife and I each getting a new car every 2 years for the forseeable future.. after her current lease is up, we're done. We'll switch to MB, Audi or something else.
Damn. That's discouraging.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #28
mfear
South Florida Elite
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i - Crimson Red/Black

Quote:
i heard the same "team" story. Then my SA told me that my car was really just sitting there since it's obvious it's not specific to MY car, and BMW was really trying to figure it out on a 3-series-level.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #29
Dennis335i
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i

My 2013 BMW F30 335i has a fan noise because the flawed design allows leaves and things to get into the blower motor. It has been to the dealer twice already, and it's starting to do it a third time. I've only had the car for 3 months. There is nothing they could do to fix it. If I have to go to the dealer once a month for this, that means 60 trips to the dealer in 5 years.The vents are made of cheap plastic that creaks when they expand or contract from the temperature. A Honda Civic makes less interior noise. I should have bought a Lexus IS 350.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #30
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

As your dealer service mgr to make an appt for you to meet the BMW rep. They usually visit dealers once or twice each month.

These reps can be helpful. Just be nice and give them a chance. It will be the first time they are trying to directly help you. You'll get much more being nice than upset and agitated.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #31
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
I hope they fix the steering issue.
However, last month when my e93 was in for service I got a F30 328i loaner with around 3k miles.
I loved everything about this car except steering.
The steering was shaking at 40-45k mph. It was not that bad but still it was shaking.
But again, it was a loaner, lot of ppl drive it.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #32
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

at least you guys in states got a lemon law, in canada you pretty much screwed....
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #33
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds52 View Post
I hope they fix the steering issue.
However, last month when my e93 was in for service I got a F30 328i loaner with around 3k miles.
I loved everything about this car except steering.
The steering was shaking at 40-45k mph. It was not that bad but still it was shaking.
But again, it was a loaner, lot of ppl drive it.
Damn, that's REALLY fast.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #34
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

This is a pretty interesting thread. While I certainly agree that it sucks your dealer(s) haven't been able to correct the issues yet, I find it absolutely mind boggling that anyone would consider escalating it that far that fast. None of the issues mentioned have prevented the safe operation of the cars. I'm not trying to say they're not important to you, but it seems you're hyperfocused on your problems.

The process of trying to identify the cause of a problem can by default take time and numerous attempts. Any good technician will only change a single thing at a time to gauge its effectiveness as opposed to changing multiple things at once. If your dealer continues to try the same thing over and over again (balancing, alignments, etc.) then you need to find another dealer. I think it's kind of ridiculous to give up on the car and manufacturer.

Finally, I don't disgree that there are dealers out there that aren't the best with customer service. It's not as bad as other marques, but it's out there. As with anything/everything else in this world, you'll get back what you give. If walk in pounding your chest and citing demands, you'll be written off without a doubt. Threats generally won't get you very far either. Especially the thread of filing for a lemon. At that point you've shifted the focus from the dealer to the manufacturer. In essense you've just released the dealer from liability, so why in the world would he want to continue working towards a resolution?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #35
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
This is a pretty interesting thread. While I certainly agree that it sucks your dealer(s) haven't been able to correct the issues yet, I find it absolutely mind boggling that anyone would consider escalating it that far that fast. None of the issues mentioned have prevented the safe operation of the cars. I'm not trying to say they're not important to you, but it seems you're hyperfocused on your problems.

The process of trying to identify the cause of a problem can by default take time and numerous attempts. Any good technician will only change a single thing at a time to gauge its effectiveness as opposed to changing multiple things at once. If your dealer continues to try the same thing over and over again (balancing, alignments, etc.) then you need to find another dealer. I think it's kind of ridiculous to give up on the car and manufacturer.

Finally, I don't disgree that there are dealers out there that aren't the best with customer service. It's not as bad as other marques, but it's out there. As with anything/everything else in this world, you'll get back what you give. If walk in pounding your chest and citing demands, you'll be written off without a doubt. Threats generally won't get you very far either. Especially the thread of filing for a lemon. At that point you've shifted the focus from the dealer to the manufacturer. In essense you've just released the dealer from liability, so why in the world would he want to continue working towards a resolution?
When you spend 60 grand (or more) on a car, it's their job to make sure everything works exactly the way it should, not yours. The fact that there was ever a problem in the first place is reason enough to take every possible opportunity to make sure you're covered. They have your money for something that doesn't work properly. They deserve no benefit of the doubt. So you do whatever you need to do to get what you want. When someone has your money and you don't have what you paid them for, they screwed you. So, the ends justify the means.

Last edited by jtuds; 11-18-2012 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #36
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
When you spend 60 grand (or more) on a car, it's their job to make sure everything works exactly the way it should, not yours. The fact that there was ever a problem in the first place is reason enough to take every possible opportunity to make sure you're covered. They have your money for something that doesn't work properly. They deserve no benefit of the doubt. So you do whatever you need to do to get what you want. When someone has your money and you don't have what you paid them for, they screwed you. So, the ends justify the means.
Well Said.

And its not only about this one customer, BMW must realize that one problem with one customer can make 10 potential customers run away.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #37
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You need to be realistic and reasonable. Nothing is perfect, regardless of cost. It's naive to think anything would be perfect and that any issues can/should be immediately corrected. Going "apeshit" on the poor guy behind the counter will do nothing to further your cause or motivate him to help you. It's likely the opposite is true.

Shit happens. Sometimes the cause isn't immediately obvious. Without a clear cause, there will most certainly be some trial and error until progress is made. Dick swinging and foot stomping won't accelerate the progress. But hey, whatever you feel you're entitled to, have at it.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #38
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Dick swinging and foot stomping won't accelerate the progress.
It works on my wife!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #39
westcory
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I am already 3 months into the lemon law process .......mainly just waiting for the replacement car to come but it's a pain. My car was in the shop 10 of the first 18 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #40
westcory
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic
Quote:

You need to be realistic and reasonable. Nothing is perfect, regardless of cost. It's naive to think anything would be perfect and that any issues can/should be immediately corrected. Going "apeshit" on the poor guy behind the counter will do nothing to further your cause or motivate him to help you. It's likely the opposite is true.

Shit happens. Sometimes the cause isn't immediately obvious. Without a clear cause, there will most certainly be some trial and error until progress is made. Dick swinging and foot stomping won't accelerate the progress. But hey, whatever you feel you're entitled to, have at it.
Actually that is exactly what I did and new car is on order.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 03:57 AM   #41
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

I do believe the lemon laws are different for each state
      08-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #42
AlpineWhiteF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 Mosselman

Quote:
Alright, So I finally decided on starting the process with the Lemon Law. I sent the certified notification to the manufacturer for failure to fix the steering wheel vibration issue.
Every time I talk to someone from BMW, they have no clue as what to do
!! It's been over a month now and the sad part is I've driven loaner cars more than my own car!!

I am totally disappointed but I've waited longer than I should. Their ONLY bright idea was: let's balance the wheels over and over and over again and may be that will fix it. Shame on BMW!!
Please tell me its Valley BMW in Fayetteville, NC... Those guys there suck and i hope they see this post!!

Been waiting for my car for two moths now for a simple Turbo replacement... I beleive i have a Lemon.. Last summer the car had an electrical problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #43
Luv2Dryve
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i XD M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwr
at least you guys in states got a lemon law, in canada you pretty much screwed....
That's right.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #44
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Dryve
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwr
That's right.
Yup! We have no such thing.

I've tried but have had no success in getting my car replaced...just trying to get used to all the issues till my lease runs up...

Definitely NOT going back to my stealership again...would've been my third BMW but I'd rather go somewhere else.

BMW Canada needs to look into this seriously...