F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > bmwpartswarehouse.com 25% off
Extreme Powerhouse

04-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #23
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
bimmer456; You can always ask but, as others have pointed out, something is really cock-eyed with their shipping calculations.
It shouldn't cost any more than $200 to ship a rear bumper, for example.
Incorrect.

BMW OEM Bumpers must be shipped freight (or Greyhound Freight).

They cannot be shipped via UPS, FedEx or USPS as they are too large.

BMW OEM F30 MSport Front Bumper box is 78” x 28” x 28” and about 30 lbs

BMW OEM F30 MSport Rear Bumper box is 69” x 37” x 26” and about 20 lbs

Put either of these into the FedEx or UPS Website and see what it tells you.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 04-19-2018 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #24
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
It shouldn't cost any more than $200 to ship a rear bumper, for example.
Yes getbmwparts quotes $190 for my F30 non-sport rear bumper.

Last edited by bavarianride; 04-19-2018 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 08:43 PM   #25
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Yes getbmwparts quotes $190 for my F30 non-sport rear bumper.
Jason@Tischer Specifically told me he would match Bumper prices 5 months ago but also warned that all bumpers need to be shipped freight.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 02:50 PM   #26
getBMWparts
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Jason@Tischer Specifically told me he would match Bumper prices 5 months ago but also warned that all bumpers need to be shipped freight.

If anyone has any questions or needs assistance locating a part or accessory, feel free to PM me!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #27
Mario_Kart
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Tischer View Post

If anyone has any questions or needs assistance locating a part or accessory, feel free to PM me!
Just sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 03:05 PM   #28
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Incorrect.

BMW OEM F30 MSport Front Bumper box is 78” x 28” x 28” and about 30 lbs

BMW OEM F30 MSport Rear Bumper box is 69” x 37” x 26” and about 20 lbs

Yeah...I was incorrect.
$200 is WAYYYYYY too much. It depends how you do it. If you're determined,
and you're creative, you can ship a rear bumper (let's say a 435 Gran Coupe
hypothetically), for about $20-$30. Ask me how I know.

Or better still, call Husker BMW on Monday and ask them.
https://www.bmwdirectparts.com/
And Oh! BTW,.. Fed-Ex can ship bumpers, as long as they're securely packaged.
Not sure about UPS but I'm sure they'd manage the same.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #29
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Incorrect.

BMW OEM F30 MSport Front Bumper box is 78" x 28" x 28" and about 30 lbs

BMW OEM F30 MSport Rear Bumper box is 69" x 37" x 26" and about 20 lbs

Yeah...I was incorrect.

Or better still, call Husker BMW on Monday and ask them.
https://www.bmwdirectparts.com/
And Oh! BTW,.. Fed-Ex can ship bumpers, as long as they're securely packaged.
Not sure about UPS but I'm sure they'd manage the same.
Ok, how

They cannot be shipped in the original box. And they cannot be shipped via FedEx or UPS with more than 1" of protective covering around the bumper as that puts it over the dimensions that FedEx or UPS will take.

And if you chose that route, don't expect any damage claim as it's not packaged properly.

One has to love all these know it alls that talk big about shipping and fall flat on details.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 04-21-2018 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 06:18 PM   #30
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, how

They cannot be shipped in the original box. And they cannot be shipped via FedEx or UPS with more than 1" of protective covering around the bumper as that puts it over the dimensions that FedEx or UPS will take.

And if you chose that route, don't expect any damage claim as it's not packaged properly.

One has to love all these know it alls that talk big about shipping and fall flat on details.
Soooo....your just going to take screen shots of what the web-site's standard shipping calculation is going to be?
Is that supposed to prove something? Save it....

Like I originally stated, somewhere like what you're showing at around $186 is absolutely normal for an oversized item.
But ..actual shipping charges won't be confirmed (especially if you're also ordering some smaller items) until you get the E-mail
confirming the order and/or adjusting it (if deemed necessary).

What I'm describing and was carried out consists of cutting up actual cardboard boxes and carefully hand-wrapping the bumper in them.
This route isn't for everybody, but for me, I'd done something like this a few years ago with Husker and had no problems,
..so when the need to save a few bucks arose again...

Edit: Want to add that this was just for a non-painted rear bumper cover.. not something like a full MSport front bumper
that may or may not have additional inserts or other complications.

Last edited by RichReg; 04-22-2018 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #31
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, how

Soooo....your just going to take screen shots of what the web-site's standard shipping calculation is going to be?
Is that supposed to prove something? Save it....

Like I originally stated, somewhere like what you're showing at around $186 is absolutely normal for an oversized item.
But ..actual shipping charges won't be confirmed (especially if you're also ordering some smaller items) until you get the E-mail
confirming the order and/or adjusting it (if deemed necessary).

What I'm describing and was carried out consists of cutting up actual cardboard boxes and carefully hand-wrapping the bumper in them.
This route isn't for everybody, but for me, I'd done something like this a few years ago with Husker and had no problems,
..so when the need to save a few bucks arose again...
So, the company you recommend overcharges on their web site.

Good to know.

Then again, there is no way they rewrapped and send for $35

A rear bumper alone is 62" x 32" x 22"

Figure an extra 2" for cardboard and wrapping in each dimension.

64” x 34” x 22”

Unfortunately, that is too big for FedEx or UPS. Still has to go freight.

In fact, put in the base 62” x 32” x 22” with zero additional for packing.

Still to big for FEDEX or UPS Ground. Still needs to go freight.

Largest FedEx Ground will take is 60x30x22

So you going to cut 2” off 2 dimension of the bumper and have no packaging?

And just to be clear, shipping a 60x30x22 package ground from Lincoln to NJ is $291 after you remove 2” of bumper.

So you keep posting....with nothing to back it up.

Talk is cheap. Facts do not lie.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 04-23-2018 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 09:08 AM   #32
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So, the company you recommend overcharges on their web site.
Awww, dude...are we showing a wee bit of animosity towards a dealership that found a way to ship a bumper reasonably?
I guess you didn't read what I stated about the fact that what the web-site says is the normal charge, or as you stated, FREIGHT.
But they don't HAVE to be shipped that way.

Quote:
A rear bumper alone is 62" x 32" x 22". Figure an extra 2" for cardboard and wrapping in each dimension. 64” x 34” x 22”.
Unfortunately, that is too big for FedEx or UPS. Still has to go freight.
Quote:
Talk is cheap. Facts do not lie.
A bumper is on the CUSP of being an oversized item. Meaning, there is some leeway. Don't you think a volume business
like an Internet dealer has some pull with Fed-Ex to make a few exceptions? If Fed-Ex doesn't kick it back to them...
..then it GOES. And mine was shipped ground.

And BTW, you don't know me...and I have no reason to make up stories.
I AM stating the facts. You on the other hand, are quoting ridiculous default Internet shipping calculations, and again,
there is nothing factual about that. I can post my E-mail receipt from last month when I get my hard-drive back
later this week, ...if you'd like.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #33
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Awww, dude...are we showing a wee bit of animosity towards a dealership that found a way to ship a bumper reasonably?
I guess you didn't read what I stated about the fact that what the web-site says is the normal charge, or as you stated, FREIGHT.
But they don't HAVE to be shipped that way.

A bumper is on the CUSP of being an oversized item. Meaning, there is some leeway. Don't you think a volume business
like an Internet dealer has some pull with Fed-Ex to make a few exceptions? If Fed-Ex doesn't kick it back to them...
..then it GOES. And mine was shipped ground.

And BTW, you don't know me...and I have no reason to make up stories.
I AM stating the facts. You on the other hand, are quoting ridiculous default Internet shipping calculations, and again,
there is nothing factual about that. I can post my E-mail receipt from last month when I get my hard-drive back
later this week, ...if you'd like.
That is the most ridiculous thing posted on this thread and shows you are clueless on any of this.

No, volume customers cannot change FedEx rules for shipping. FedEx cannot waive dimension rules for variety of reasons, not the least of which is their sorting equipment and labor contracts.

When dimensions larger than the above FedEx Ground/Overnight dimensions are entered into the system, it is automatically switched to FedEx Freight at Freight Rates.

Large Customers get a break in price, not dimensions. And I can guarantee you my Company spends more with FedEx Weekly than HUSKER BMW.

Again, I am posting evidence.

You are posting internet BullShit as proven by your not telling how to ship for $20 - $30

Quote:
Yeah...I was incorrect.
If you were charged $20 -$30, it just means that they ate the rest of the shipping charges because you purchased from them.

That does not mean you, them or anyone can ship a bumper for $20 - $30.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 04-23-2018 at 10:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 02:54 PM   #34
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Large Customers get a break in price, not dimensions. And I can guarantee you my Company spends more with FedEx Weekly than HUSKER BMW.
Touchy touchy ...aren't we. "Your" company, huh? WTF do you know about how much business Husker does or what their relationship is
w/FedEx? Gotta tell ya', ..I don't know what your 'company' does, but if it has to do w/auto parts, that lays any question to rest about
why you're so upset. Its a Capitalist society we live in ...get used to it.

Quote:
You are posting internet BullShit as proven by your not telling how to ship for $20 - $30

If you were charged $20 -$30, it just means that they ate the rest of the shipping charges because you purchased from them.

That does not mean you, them or anyone can ship a bumper for $20 - $30.
Like I said, I'm happy to post my E-mail receipt later this week, but after this post I'm done repeating myself. All I bought from them
additionally was Floor mats, a windshield washer fluid reservoir strainer, a small interior cover for a rear taillight and a keyfob emblem;
all of which they taped to the inside of the bumper. Did they eat some of the shipping? Maybe, but if so..., it must've saved them
SOMETHING by shipping 'Ground' or else why bother?

Besides, I'm not in the business of shipping auto parts, but I CAN tell you what I paid.
You don't have to take my word for it, ...you can get their number. Instead of getting your panties in a bunch, and since you own a company, why don't you reach out to them and ask how they manage such a thing? Surely, you don't think Vic @ Husker is going
to LIE and tell you he never shipped at such a price? Surely, we can't all be BullShit artists,... can we?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 05:09 PM   #35
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Touchy touchy ...aren't we. "Your" company, huh? WTF do you know about how much business Husker does or what their relationship is
w/FedEx? Gotta tell ya', ..I don't know what your 'company' does, but if it has to do w/auto parts, that lays any question to rest about
why you're so upset. Its a Capitalist society we live in ...get used to it.

Like I said, I'm happy to post my E-mail receipt later this week, but after this post I'm done repeating myself. All I bought from them
additionally was Floor mats, a windshield washer fluid reservoir strainer, a small interior cover for a rear taillight and a keyfob emblem;
all of which they taped to the inside of the bumper. Did they eat some of the shipping? Maybe, but if so..., it must've saved them
SOMETHING by shipping 'Ground' or else why bother?

Besides, I'm not in the business of shipping auto parts, but I CAN tell you what I paid.
You don't have to take my word for it, ...you can get their number. Instead of getting your panties in a bunch, and since you own a company, why don't you reach out to them and ask how they manage such a thing? Surely, you don't think Vic @ Husker is going
to LIE and tell you he never shipped at such a price? Surely, we can't all be BullShit artists,... can we?
1) I know the only Company with BMW in the name doing $1.5M Weekly with FedEx is BMWNA.

2) You’ve said you would tell us how to ship a bumper for no more than $20 - $30. We’re still waiting.

3) If Husker BMW is eating some of the shipping costs (just as ECS does for orders over $49) that still does not tell us how to ship a Bumper for $20 - $30. You are paying for it in the total, whether it’s $0, $20, $49 or more. And that doesn’t tell us what you promised to tell us....how to ship a bumper for $20 - $30.

As a bumper is at the limits of size for FedEx and you claim it only cost HUSKER BMW $20 - $30 to ship, that would mean the average package would run $5 -$10. That means Husker BMW would need to be shipping 150,000 - 300,000 packages a week to meet $1.5M+ of Revenue to FedEx per week.

If you think Husker BMW is doing that, you clearly are a BS Artist.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 04-23-2018 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #36
015iXMN55
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Xdrive Msport

Anyway... I tried to purchase the MPPK, and shipping is $2100... on top of the sale price of $1240.... Kind of hard to click submit for a $3300 bill when it shouldnt cost more than a $100 or so to ship. Anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #37
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 015iXMN55 View Post
Anyway... I tried to purchase the MPPK, and shipping is $2100... on top of the sale price of $1240.... Kind of hard to click submit for a $3300 bill when it shouldnt cost more than a $100 or so to ship. Anyone else experience this?
Not worth it when my MPPSK costs that much installed with carbon tips. The MPPK should cost about half that installed.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 06:45 PM   #38
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That’s ridiculous.

Get another to match price.

See Below
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #39
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1) I know the only Company with BMW in the name doing $1.5M Weekly with FedEx is BMWNA.
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? That tells me nothing about Husker's relationship with FedEx.
Only that its possible BMWNA does more business with them.

Quote:
2) You’ve said you would tell us how to ship a bumper for no more than $20 - $30. We’re still waiting.
I'm sorry you're having trouble reading. Please re-read my post #30 where I clearly describe what they did. It's called:
GROUND-- That's spelled G-R-O-U-N-D. That's where the weight of the bumper itself is the only thing involved? Guess what?
They are pretty light (and flimsy).

Quote:
3) If Husker BMW is eating some of the shipping costs (just as ECS does for orders over $49) that still does not tell us how to ship a Bumper for $20 - $30. You are paying for it in the total, whether it’s $0, $20, $49 or more.
Again, I'm sorry you're having trouble reading. Please re-read my post #34 where I clearly describe the other stuff I ordered.
About $100 more than the bumper. My receipt confirm will detail this.

Quote:
As a bumper is at the limits of size for FedEx and you claim it only cost HUSKER BMW $20 - $30 to ship, that would mean the average package would run $5 -$10. That means Husker BMW would need to be shipping 150,000 - 300,000 packages a week to meet $1.5M+ of Revenue to FedEx per week.
This has nothing to do with how many packages Husker ships per week. And I never quoted any specific amount of revenue
required for Fed-Ex in order for Husker to do what they did. Why should we believe you that that's a requirement? What's certain
is that they're going to save more by not shipping as FREIGHT.

Please stop re-asking the same questions over and over...you're really going nowhere with this due to your inability to comprehend
my point. When you see my receipt, you'll realize you're wasting thread space, though at this point I fear you'll find some other
reason to disbelieve me.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 08:05 PM   #40
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yup...but sometimes when I went into the site there were multiple shipping options available instead of just a default
(which I believe is the really high $$ option that you're experiencing).
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 08:19 PM   #41
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
1) Buy from somewhere else and use a CC that has a price match/protection benefit.
2) Use credit card price match/protection benefit on BMWPartsWarehouse price.
3) Profit!
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4487.00
      04-23-2018, 09:09 PM   #42
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? That tells me nothing about Husker's relationship with FedEx.
Only that its possible BMWNA does more business with them.

I'm sorry you're having trouble reading. Please re-read my post #30 where I clearly describe what they did. It's called:
GROUND-- That's spelled G-R-O-U-N-D. That's where the weight of the bumper itself is the only thing involved? Guess what?
They are pretty light (and flimsy).

Again, I'm sorry you're having trouble reading. Please re-read my post #34 where I clearly describe the other stuff I ordered.
About $100 more than the bumper. My receipt confirm will detail this.

This has nothing to do with how many packages Husker ships per week. And I never quoted any specific amount of revenue
required for Fed-Ex in order for Husker to do what they did. Why should we believe you that that's a requirement? What's certain
is that they're going to save more by not shipping as FREIGHT.
GROUND

G-R-O-U-N-D

At the max dimensions FedEx allows for ground.

It’s not $25,

And waiting for you to tell us how anyone can ship a bumper for $20 - $30 as you previously promised.

If your answer is purchase a $600 Bumper from BMW Husker, that does not answer what you promised.

As for what BMWNA has to do with it, you apparently are ignorant of the way volume works. Shipping $1.5M a week with FedEx gets you discounted rates.

Problem is, no amount of net shipping per week can get a bumper down $25 in the FedEx system. And as previously stated, if you think BMW Husker does over $1.5M a week in shipping with FedEx, you are the greater fool.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 04-23-2018 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 10:08 PM   #43
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
This week on SHIPPING WARS!!!!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
obert1781.00
aps335.50
      04-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #44
aps
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Holy shit wtf is this thread
Appreciate 0