F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Bent police officer
proTUNING Freaks

02-20-2018, 03:47 PM   #23
planemad
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 Audi SQ7 & 2019 AM DB11
Location: The Democratic Peoples Republic Of South East England

He was in the ideal position to know whether it was safe to collect the £1000.
If the victim went to police he would just leave it, if not he would most likely collect.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #24
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
I meant in the sense that he will be in a place surrounded by people who have a totally different mentality to him.

Say for the sake of the argument you have been given 3 and a half for possession with intent.
You will initially get sent to the local holding prison before you are shipped out to wherever the remainder will be done.
You will be surrounded by other drug dealers and like minded people. People who you share common ground with and who you may be able to relate to.

If you are not some kind of perverted sexual predator and you are locked up with them it will probably bother you a lot very quickly that you are surrounded by people (who are potentially a danger to you) that you have nothing in common with and who you utterly despise.
When you are locked up with normal criminals you have no choice but to listen at great length and in great detail their bullshit about previous crimes committed and future crimes they are planning to commit.

Now imagine being on a VP unit and having to listen to these vile depraved scums telling you about their crimes.
You have nothing in common with them, you dont understand what makes them tick and why they are compelled to do the heinous acts that they do.
On top of that you classed as one of them for having to be locked up with them.

The fact that the majority of these sex offenders are not your traditional "hard man" is irrelevant.
Having to be locked up with and potentially having to share a cell/toilet/shower with them is mental torture in itself which maybe this buffoon is now suffering.
Well I'm sure that he will have some mental torture being locked up. But my experience of managing ex cops etc on VP units suggests they interact pretty well and don't have the same issue on mains.
The thing is most of these guys don't think they are sex offenders. "I'm innocent Guv" "dam kids lied Guv" ... "Touringpleb stitched me up Guv" and on and on. Total denial..

Last edited by mikeoz; 02-20-2018 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 2
JD64270.50
F30Andy1774.00
      02-20-2018, 06:07 PM   #25
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ry-cops-342131

A very good account of what it's like to be a copper in prison. And he was in for a common assault. It's got to worse for sex offenders etc.
Appreciate 0