F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335D Boring?
ARMA SPEED

04-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #177
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Just got home after a long motorway run. Wow, my car was very quiet and smooth with the correct tyre pressures. In fact, it is the best it has ever been. It takes all surfaces with aplomb and gay abandon! I must admit that when I give it some welley (or is it willie) the ESP flashes away even on dry tarmac. An xDrive would not do that I presume?
      04-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #178
alibonyad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335D xDrive ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Just got home after a long motorway run. Wow, my car was very quiet and smooth with the correct tyre pressures. In fact, it is the best it has ever been. It takes all surfaces with aplomb and gay abandon! I must admit that when I give it some welley (or is it willie) the ESP flashes away even on dry tarmac. An xDrive would not do that I presume?
Never! I purposely floor it and whip the wheel around corners to try and get the light on, only very rarely can I get it to come on. The sooner I wear my run flats down the better. Can't wait to put some normal tyres on. The road noise on the A1 is on par with my Mini!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #179
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
The latest edition of EVO has a review of a M135i with full AC Schnitzer conversion, which includes a coilover set. It gets an excellent review! It uses much more expensive componentry than the standard cars, and like Alpina somehow manage to improve handling AND ride at the same time. I'm sure the non RFT tyres help too.
Most M135s are specd without runshats though.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #180
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibonyad View Post
Never! I purposely floor it and whip the wheel around corners to try and get the light on, only very rarely can I get it to come on. The sooner I wear my run flats down the better. Can't wait to put some normal tyres on. The road noise on the A1 is on par with my Mini!
Great thing about an sDrive car is that it does not pitch and yaw like a boat or roll around when cornering even though its behaviour is a bit skittish when compared to an xDrive car.

Just imagine how hilariously skittish an M3/M4 (sDrive of course) will be?
      04-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #181
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibonyad View Post
Great thing about an sDrive car is that it does not pitch and yaw like a boat or roll around when cornering even though its behaviour is a bit skittish when compared to an xDrive car.

Just imagine how hilariously skittish an M3/M4 (sDrive of course) will be?
Can't wait to try.... 7 weeks and counting....
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #182
Redben
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport X drive (gone)

Just read the M3 review in Car..........need those seats in my life v soon
Appreciate 0