F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > My Imperial Blue GT has landed!
proTUNING Freaks

02-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #23
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrasWien View Post
Bye the way, Mcoops, your car is really beautiful, nice colours. Congrats!
Thanks BrasWien. I hope you can sleep tonight - you will have an awesome day tomorrow!

Post some pictures when you finally manage to tear yourself away from the car
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #24
BrasWien
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d xDrive GT Modern Lines

Sure, mcoops, I'll post some pictures, but it might take some weeks...

In regard to the car, not only did it come without xenons (because I ordered this way), but also without fog lights! That was a surprise!

The lack of fog lights was an accident... caused mostly by BMW software team. The BMW website (www.bmw.at) showed the pictures of the car with fog lights as if they were included in the Modern Lines. For my surprise, only after delivery I noticed they are not (I'm a client of special sales, so I don't have access to most packages people can order. Instead, I had to order every single item separately). Now the front of the car is totally ruined!

Apart from these minor details, the car is really impressive. I'm in love with the driving modes, displays, the beauty of its lines. I'm particularly in love with the Professional GPS, I can even talk to it in German (which is not my first language) and it recognizes! My wife will become jalous (she is travelling and hasn't seen the car yet).

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 03:21 AM   #25
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

That's bad luck - I can't believe BMW would actually sell a GT, even an SE never mind a Modern, without front fogs as part of the standard spec. My dealer kept telling me that BMW view the GT as the top end of the 3-series range, so having to buy fog lights separately seems a bit ridiculous.

Glad you are loving the car anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 06:01 AM   #26
MikeMinh
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i GT (F34)

Bit late to the party, but anyway, congrats to mcoops. You have an excellent taste when it comes to choosing the ext colour. (Just like mine, haha)

I found impi blue to be very difficult to photograph, all colour management (adjustments of colour display across different devices, paper, print etc, it's part if my job) flies out of the window. This will be due to the entirely different paint process, Xirallic is a new-ish DuPont paint system which gives this deep lustre. They achieve this with particles in the paint. Nuff said, it's a fantastic colour, very impressive in bright sunlight.

You will find that your consumption improves a lot once it is run in, this happened to mine and is expected.

Oddities I found so far: My passenger side mirror doesn't tilt down a little when I engage reverse, does yours? According to the manual it should do this.

I personally don't find it underpowered and I am impressed about the smoothness of a 4 cyl engine, my previous was a 6 cyl.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #27
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Nice one!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #28
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMinh View Post
Oddities I found so far: My passenger side mirror doesn't tilt down a little when I engage reverse, does yours? According to the manual it should do this.
Mine does it but please note that the mirror will deep only when the mirror selector switch is in the "correct position".
In the UK, If you want the mirror to deep, set the mirror switch to the left.
The mirror will not deep if the switch is in the right position.
The instructions manual will give you better info.

Last edited by x-m4n; 03-12-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0