F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Grosser Preis Von österreich 2015
GetBMWParts

06-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Formula 1 Grosser Preis Von österreich 2015

The start of rather short European races.

Last year we saw the Williams took pole and gave reasonable challenge to the Mercedes, will we see Ferrari gave Mercedes a hard time this year?

Race Date: 21 June 2015
Circuit Name: Red Bull Ring
First Grand Prix: 1970
Number of Laps: 71
Circuit Length: 4.326 km
Race Distance: 307.146 km
Lap Record: 1:08.337 - Michael Schumacher (2003)

Tire Compounds Provided:
Prime:
Soft (Yellow)
Option: Super-Soft (Red)
Rain: Cinturato Intermediate (Green) / Cinturato Wet (Blue)

F1 TIMETABLE (Austria Local Time)
Fri 19 June 2015
Practice 1
10:00 – 11:30
Practice 2 14:00 – 15:30
Sat 20 June 2015
Practice 3
11:00 – 12:00
Qualifying 14:00 – 15:00
Sun 21 June 2015
Race
14:00

F1 TIMETABLE (Pacific Time)
Fri 19 June 2015
Practice 1
01:00 – 02:30
Practice 2 05:00 – 06:30
Sat 20 June 2015
Practice 3
02:00 – 03:00
Qualifying 05:00 – 06:00
Sun 21 June 2015
Race
05:00

F1 TIMETABLE (Eastern Time)
Fri 19 June 2015
Practice 1
04:00 – 05:30
Practice 2 08:00 – 09:30
Sat 20 June 2015
Practice 3
05:00 – 06:00
Qualifying 08:00 – 09:00
Sun 21 June 2015
Race
08:00
Attached Images

06-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Austria could be one of Ferrari's best chances all year.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 12:33 PM   #3
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Holy shit OP, I've been gone for years, come back, and I see you're still doing these. Good to see some things don't change - I tip my hat to you, sir.

EDIT: And all 3 posters so far are OGs
      06-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #4
SoCal235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235

Obligatory Takuma Sato crash footage:

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I cried for joy last year when the A1 returned, it's one of my favorite tracks in the world.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 03:36 PM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

F1 put up this highlight video yesterday from 2014

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 06:28 PM   #7
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Honda promises more power as pressure mounts at McLaren

Honda promises more power as pressure mounts at McLaren

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...mounts-mclaren

Honda is hoping to up the power of its engine over the coming races in order to ease the growing pressure on McLaren to perform.

The new McLaren-Honda partnership has scored just four points this year after suffering from persistent reliability issues, including a double retirement at the last round in Canada. The Canadian Grand Prix also exposed the power deficit between Honda and its rivals, with the McLarens as much as 35km/h slower than the quickest cars on the straights while struggling with fuel efficiency in the race.

Honda spent two of its power unit development tokens ahead of the Canadian Grand Prix and boss Yasuhisa Arai says there is more to come.

"On the power unit side, we will see more horsepower in the near future by using the tokens and step-by-step up the horsepower in the next few races," he said. "We are working very hard as one team, not only on the power unit but also aerodynamics and chassis.

"We have seen good progress in those two areas [aerodynamics and chassis] between Australia and Canada and maybe in a few more and in the second half of the season we can achieve top level performance and compete with the top level teams."

Racing director Eric Boullier admits pressure is mounting on the team, but says the McLaren board still trusts in the work it is doing.

"There is pressure, it's normal," Boullier said. "We are all competitors and we want to win and be competitive, so there is pressure on Honda, McLaren and our shoulders.

"Like any company in the world they [the board] come to visit us, which is good support, and they are here also to understand. We have a duty to report, which is normal, but we don't have an extraordinary pressure. We are transparent enough for them to know what we are doing and we hope that we know what we are doing as well."

Boullier said both power unit and chassis were currently lacking compared to the best in F1.

"If you want to win, you have to be the best everywhere. In terms of aerodynamics, vehicle dynamics, chassis, power unit and drivability - we have to improve everywhere. We are lacking in downforce to be the top chassis, so we have to work on this and make it better. It's a new concept, a new philosophy this year and on the Honda side there is of course more work to be done in terms of performance."
      06-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Driver quotes

Lewis Hamilton
“It was a great feeling to finally get back on top in Canada and add to the great memories I have there. Now, though, it's time to move on and put things right at a circuit I had a tough introduction to last year - Austria. Although I struggled in qualifying, starting down in ninth, it was actually a great race fighting back through the field. I think I was about fourth or fifth by the end of the first lap and then just kept chipping away to claw my way back to the podium, which was really good fun. Of course, I'll be working hard to have a clearer shot at the win on Sunday. Whatever happens, though, you can be sure the atmosphere will be incredible. Last year the grandstands were absolutely packed and the fans were just insane, so I'm looking forward to putting on a show for them.”

Nico Rosberg
“Canada was really lost for me on the Saturday. Not getting everything together in qualifying hurt my chances big time - but I had the pace and that's a big positive to take forward and go maximum attack in Austria. My first race at this track last year couldn't have been much better. Of course, we didn't have the ideal start in qualifying - but we nailed it on Sunday and it was great to get the win. I'm sure we'll have some tough competition here once again with Williams and probably some others too. But it's a circuit I really enjoy driving and the crowds are unbelievable, so I'm looking forward to getting back out there and having a good battle. Of course, it's a home race for Niki and Toto, too, so we'll need to be on our best form for this one!”

Fernando Alonso
“Montreal was a difficult race for the whole team – we expected it to be tough because of the nature of the circuit, but obviously a double retirement was especially disappointing. But, of course, just because a weekend doesn’t go to plan, it doesn’t mean we give up.

“We’re still seeing great progress every weekend, and we hope Austria will be the same. Our most important focus is reliability, so that we can get the most time on track in order to make the biggest improvements we can. This is a very physical circuit with four long, fast straights and heavy braking in the corners, so it’ll be challenging for our package, but it’s a really interesting track to race on.

“Spielberg is a beautiful location for a Grand Prix and going back there last year after an 11-year break was a great experience. It’s still the great circuit it was, and there are quite a few overtaking opportunities which make it even more enjoyable. We’ve already put the last race behind us and I’m keen to get out there, race hard with our nearest competitors, and hopefully have some fun.”

Jenson Button
“Over the past few days we’ve bounced back from Montreal and we’re already looking firmly ahead at the next challenge. As a team, we’re measured ultimately on where we finish on a Sunday afternoon, which doesn’t take into account the progress we’ve made behind the scenes, or in practice and qualifying in the build-up to the race, so it can sometimes be difficult to see the positives after a tough grand prix.

“However, it’s important that we don’t forget how far we’ve come. Yes, both cars retiring from the race was not at all the result we’ve been working so hard for, but we are focused on the progress we’re still making and the improvements that we’ve already made up to this point. There’s still a huge amount of belief within the team, and we’re continuing to push for development in every area back in Woking and Sakura.

“Last year’s Austrian Grand Prix was a huge success, and for the few of us drivers that raced here pre-2003, it’s definitely considered one of those ‘mini-classics’: not so complex in terms of its configuration, but fun to drive. On paper, Austria won’t suit the characteristics of our car, but I’m looking forward to enjoying some good racing there and pushing to make more progress in every session.”

Valtteri Bottas
“Austria is a beautiful country and the Grand Prix is packed with racing fans. The atmosphere is going to be great again I’m sure! It’s great to be going back to Austria. Last year, as a team we had strong qualifying with a front-row lockout, and in the race I achieved my first Formula One podium. The track, with its long straights and a mixture of slow and high speed corners requires good straight line speed and strong aero efficiency from the car. With the upgrades we are bringing here, we are expecting another strong weekend.”

Felipe Massa
“The circuit in Austria is a great track, very fast and really enjoyable to drive. Our car is normally suited to this track and I will never forget my pole position last year. Hopefully this year we can have a repeat or at least something similar, as we are looking to build on the momentum we have following Canada.”

Carlos Sainz
“Austria is the home race for our big Red Bull family. I raced there back in my Formula 3 days but I imagine it will feel rather different in a Formula 1 car. From what I heard, last year’s return to this circuit turned into a great Grand Prix weekend for everyone, especially the crowds that came to watch and also in terms of the organisation. So I’m looking forward to going there and the track layout should suit us better than the last one in Canada.”

Max Verstappen
“I have always enjoyed driving at this track, especially in the Formula 3 car, which I tested and raced here so I know it quite well. It’s a very nice track in a beautiful location, even if the long straights might not suit us that well. There are some tight corners at the end of the fast sections, which means it can be hard on the brakes. It’s a bit of an old-school track, which is the type of circuit I like, so I’m looking forward to going there. Everyone in the team will be keen to get the best result possible at what is the home track for Red Bull.”

Nico Hulkenberg
"Finishing in the points in Canada was an important result for me. I had a great feeling with the car and everything came together nicely. I think we have a good opportunity for another strong result in Austria. I had never raced on this track before last year - not even in the junior formulas - so it was a new experience for me. It's a fun track and it flows nicely, but there are a few corners that can catch you out, so it's not easy to get a good lap together. It's one of those tracks that looks easier on paper because it's actually quite technical in many areas.

"Austria is a great place to race: the track is in a beautiful setting in the mountains and there's a very relaxed atmosphere. Without the German Grand Prix this year, I expect a lot of German fans to come to Austria this year so there should be a big crowd once again."

Sergio Perez
"The race in Austria is one I'm really looking forward to, both for the driving and everything that is around the event. The circuit has a simple layout and few corners and so the margins between drivers are smaller compared to some other tracks. It means a mistake in qualifying can set you back a long way. It requires a lot of concentration but it's fun to drive, with elevation changes and some very tricky corners.

"Not scoring in Canada was a disappointment so I want to make up for that in Austria. Last year it was not an easy race for me, starting far down the order [P16 following a grid penalty], but we had a brilliant race, scored well and set the fastest lap of the race.

"I remember getting to the Red Bull Ring for the first time last year, having never raced there, and meeting the fans. They had been waiting for the race for a long time and they helped create a great atmosphere. The Austrians have a great passion for Formula One - just like the Mexicans - and they are very proud of their Grand Prix."

Daniel Ricciardo
“[Austria is] not one of our strongest [circuits] but good nonetheless. It’s short, there aren’t a lot of corners - but the corners that there are good; there are a couple of proper quick turns and plenty to catch you out. It’s a fast track. You can have a good scrap as well. I finished the race [last year] in a really good tussle with The Hulk [Nico Hulkenberg]. Good stuff.

“Turn One is pretty cool as it climbs up the hill. It looks tight but actually it isn’t, it’s pretty quick, about third gear, and it opens up nicely. Turn Two is interesting as you climb a lot into what’s quite a tight right-hander, going uphill and off-camber. The second-last corner as well, that’s quick too. It’s quite flowing. There’s two tight corners but the rest are quick - third gear and up.

“With everyone camping around the track the atmosphere was like going to a festival - everyone sitting out in the sun, drinking beer, listening to music, up in the mountains. Yeah, I could go for a bit of that. Massive crowd of course, and genuinely supportive of the event. Not just the Red Bull teams but the entire grid. It was really noticeable on the drivers’ parade, which was by far the most lively of the whole year.

“I was rather cautious [about wearing the promotional lederhosen last year] so gave them a test run early in the week before rocking up in them on race day to maximise my Austrian Grand Prix experience. They’re surprisingly comfortable - a bit stiff at first but they come in after a while and develop a bit of give. I’m not saying they’re the thing for a 20-hour flight to Perth - but I reckon Oktoberfest, with a couple of beers… yeah, you’d be okay for a day.”

Daniil Kvyat
“First of all, I really enjoy the track; it’s a really good circuit. I already knew the track well as I had raced there before in junior series, so I was really looking forward to going back.

"I raced there in Formula Renault and also in Formula Three. [Kvyat won both races at the circuit during his 2012 Formula Renault 2.0 Alps campaign and was on pole and finished second in all three FIA European Formula Three Championship races at the track in 2013]. It’s great fun to drive. Actually, I think one of the best circuits on the calendar. It’s fast, it flows well, the lap is pretty busy. It’s a good circuit and I have good memories of it.

“I was at Toro Rosso last year so we didn’t have too much pressure from a media point of view, certainly not as much as the Red Bull Racing guys, so it was pretty easy from my point of view. But it’s a good atmosphere and the team’s home race is obviously important. However, I don’t think you can let it distract you. It’s just racing in the end and I’ll try to enjoy the weekend as much as possible.

“Last year we stayed about 45 minutes away in a small village, which was actually really nice. It was very quiet, very peaceful but maybe not the easiest place to get to! This year I think we’re staying somewhere a little closer to the track, somewhere a little more efficient in terms of getting to the circuit!”

Romain Grosjean
“It’s a fantastic location and a great circuit. The mountains and the fresh air remind me a bit of Switzerland and the track is pretty exciting. It’s not a long lap but it has good character. You’ve got a reasonable start-finish straight, then and uphill section where we’ll appreciate the power of our car. Braking into turn two is fun as it’s uphill so you can brake later than you would otherwise. There’s a second DRS zone then some medium speed corners and you’re back to the start-finish again. Certainly last year we struggled, but this year’s car is so much better that I’m really looking forward to being able to push hard all weekend.

“We have a lot more potential to do well this year. Last year was the first time at the track for Formula One in over a decade and we were doing a lot of learning of the circuit and set-up as well as struggling with a lot of issues with our car at the time. We couldn’t get on top of the tyres and we didn’t have the right package for our brakes so it was a frustrating weekend, not to mention with some reliability issues too! This year we should be so much better placed and I’m really looking forward to being able to attack the track.”

Pastor Maldonado
“It is an interesting circuit and one I enjoyed visiting last year, even if it was a weekend where we didn’t have the best of results. I think we have much better potential this year with the car and we’ve been looking quite strong recently. It’s great to be able to visit a different type of location for a Grand Prix and the event was really impressive last year; I’m looking forward to returning.

“Just like any Grand Prix we’ll be looking to get the maximum from the car. You need good power in Austria especially with the decent hill there. There are a couple of straights and we’ve been looking good through the speed traps so hopefully we’ll keep that pace. If we can qualify well we should have a great race.”

Marcus Ericsson
“I am delighted to be getting back to Austria and especially Spielberg. The atmosphere during the race weekend last year was amazing - it was a great experience. There were a lot of spectators in the grandstands and on the campsites. I like the track a lot, as it is a fast circuit which I am going to enjoy. Overtaking is rather difficult, but there are places where it is possible. I am looking forward to the race weekend.”

Felipe Nasr
“This season it will be my first time driving a Formula One car in Spielberg. I am looking forward to racing there. It is quite a fast circuit, with many long straights combined with some high-speed corners. The last two corners before the start and finish line are my favourites, as they are very quick and you have to drive them very precisely. The long straights could be a benefit for us, but downforce is also required in the high-speed corners. I assume it will be a challenging weekend fighting against our main competitors, but I am confident we will extract the maximum out of our package.”
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2015, 01:08 PM   #9
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

06-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #10
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

Man... they go through a lot of assembly and crap before every race. Crazy amount of work.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 03:06 PM   #11
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Go Hamilton!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 05:24 PM   #12
E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
Man... they go through a lot of assembly and crap before every race. Crazy amount of work.
Definitely takes moving "circus" to another level!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 09:51 AM   #13
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Power Unit usage prior Austrian GP.
Attached Images

06-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #14
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Fernando Alonso: McLaren driver could face 20-place penalty

Fernando Alonso: McLaren driver could face 20-place penalty

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/33183855

McLaren's Fernando Alonso will suffer a grid penalty at this weekend's Austrian Grand Prix - and the Spaniard could be relegated as many as 20 places.

That's because engine supplier Honda will exceed the number of changes it is allowed to make to his car in order to improve reliability.

Team-mate Jenson Button, world champion in 2009, could also be hit with a grid penalty for similar reasons.

The Briton was also demoted at the last race in Canada.

"Honda is making updates to Fernando's power unit which will be confirmed on Friday morning," said a Honda spokeswoman.

"As a result, we are expecting grid penalties."

Alonso admitted the weekend would be "tough" but insisted McLaren and Honda would be competitive before too long.

The double world champion, who joined McLaren at the end of last season, said the team's recovery was "only a matter of time".

McLaren and Honda have chosen to implement the changes in Austria because they do not think the track will suit their car's strengths.

The Red Bull Ring is predominantly composed of short corners and long straights, which exacerbates the weakness of the Honda power unit.

They also wanted to avoid taking an engine penalty at the subsequent races in Britain and Hungary, which will suit the car better.

There is one piece of good news for Alonso.

He will benefit from a major aerodynamic upgrade to his car for Sunday's race, the eighth on the calendar.

However, the new shorter nose and revised front and rear wings will be available only to him because there is only one set.

The last time McLaren only had new parts for one car, Button benefited. That was at the Chinese Grand Prix in April.

The decision to give the parts to Alonso, world champion in 2005 and 2006, was also influenced by the fact that he is taking part in the post-race test in Austria on Tuesday but Button isn't.

That will give the former Ferrari driver four days to evaluate the upgrade.
Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo has also indicated that he could be handed an engine penalty this weekend.

If drivers cannot serve the full penalty because they are not high enough up the grid, further punishments, like a five-second time penalty and a 10-second stop-and-go penalty, can be implemented during the race.
      06-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #15
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

I'm hoping Rosberg finishes in front of Hammy, and maybe a good showing from Williams who haven't had the season I thought they would be having.
      06-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #16
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

06-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #17
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Kimi Raikkonen responds to 'bulls***' contract rumours

Kimi Raikkonen responds to 'bulls***' contract rumours

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...ntract-rumours

Kimi Raikkonen has hit out at stories claiming he will have to accept a pay cut in order to be kept on at Ferrari next year.

Raikkonen says he will stay at Ferrari or quit F1 in 216, but is waiting on Maranello to make a final decision on his future. Rumours in the Italian press suggested Raikkonen would have to consider less money if he wants to drive next season, but the Finn labelled those rumours "bulls***".

"I heard something about that [in the media]," he said. "I would be interested to know who wrote it, because first of all none of you have any idea what my contract says and you never have. It's bulls*** nonsense that you guys come up with all the time, so keep writing that and it's fine for me. The point is you have no idea what the contract says. I have a contract, they have to sign it, it's as simple as that."

He went on to confront the journalist in question, saying: "So you just come up with bulls***, yes or no? You don't know the contract but you write stuff.

"You write stuff that is not true... Maybe you should start writing some stuff that makes sense."

Asked for an update on negotiations, Raikkonen added: "I don't have anything to discuss. I have a contract and it has to be decided, it's as simple as that. It's not my decision, you have to ask the team. If I'm not with Ferrari, I'm not with any team, it's as simple as that.

"You guys worry about it more than me. I always said it's not the end of my life if I don't race next year, but obviously I want to be here and I feel that the team is definitely going in the right direction and doing the right things. I'm sure in the future it will be the team to be in, but we have to still work out a few things."
      06-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #18
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Fernando Alonso: Austria could be even worse than Canada for McLaren

Fernando Alonso: Austria could be even worse than Canada for McLaren

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...canada-mclaren

Fernando Alonso is worried McLaren could be in for another frustrating weekend in Austria as he fears the consequences of an expected engine penalty.

Alonso will have an upgraded aerodynamic package in Spielberg, continuing McLaren's policy of alternating new parts between its drivers this season, but faces the prospect of starting from the back of the grid for moving on to his fifth engine, something which should be confirmed later in the weekend. The Spaniard is still yet to score a point in 2015, showing the first signs of frustration in Canada, and has a dim outlook for the race in Austria.

"It will be another weekend that's going to be tough, where the results will not look good, especially now that there are some penalties to pay," Alonso said. "I think it's going to be a test weekend for us, very important as there as some updates on the car so hopefully we go out of this weekend with some answers and from the test next week as well. Important days ahead ... I'm optimistic with the things coming to the car in the near future but in terms of result it will not change too much this weekend and will probably be even worse."

Alonso is keeping a positive outlook about McLaren's ongoing struggles and he says he has no doubts the team can get back to the top in time.

"Probably we expected a little bit more [by now] but that's the way it is. I think the performance has aways been improving, race after race, and I think here will be the case as well. The thing of this weekend is just the final result which we don't know will be good enough to make us happy, because with the penalties we will start a little bit at the back.

"Why do I remain optimistic? Because I see a lot of things inside the team. I see the group of people we have, the programme we have in terms of chassis and engine. I see the resources, I see the talent of the team, so it's a question of time when we will be competitive. Hopefully we will make it short, this period of learning we are having at the moment, but I'm optimistic."
      06-18-2015, 03:13 PM   #19
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Attached Images

06-19-2015, 05:45 AM   #20
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #21
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Sebastian Vettel tops FP2 as Ferrari takes fight to Mercedes

Sebastian Vettel tops FP2 as Ferrari takes fight to Mercedes

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...rcedes-austria

Ferrari emerged as a potential challenger to Mercedes in second practice for the Austrian Grand Prix as Sebastian Vettel beat Nico Rosberg to the top of the timesheets by 0.011s.

It's the first time this year Ferrari has topped a Friday afternoon practice session, but Vettel's car once again proved fragile with a a gearbox problem on top of an unrelated transmission problem in the morning. Rosberg was fastest in the first and final sectors, while Kimi Raikkonen held the fastest time in the middle sector, illustrating just how close the cars are around the short but high-speed Red Bull Ring.

Raikkonen was third fastest overall, 0.260s off his team-mate, ahead of an impressive lap from Pastor Maldonado in the Lotus. Lewis Hamilton could only manage the fifth fastest time after mistakes on his super-soft runs. He ran wide in the final corner and at the first corner and as a result failed to improve on his soft tyre run. Rosberg managed to improve by 0.6s between soft and super-soft, suggesting Hamilton would have been near or at the front had he managed a clean lap.

Nico Hulkenberg was sixth fastest ahead of Romain Grosjean as all the Mercedes-powered cars bar Williams made the top ten, which was covered by a second. Williams typically run heavier fuel loads during Friday practice, which could explain the slower lap times, but they have also struggled with tyre temperature at recent races using the soft and super-soft. The two Force Indias were running updated Mercedes engines this weekend, benefitting from new reliability upgrades that should allow it to be pushed harder for longer over the course of the race.

McLaren's disappointing start to the weekend continued with Fernando Alonso 16th and Jenson Button 18th. Both drivers ended their sessions early after just 17 laps, although Alonso did put the first few laps on the new, shortened McLaren nose. The new design looks similar to Williams' approach and will only run on Alonso's car this weekend due to a lack of new parts.

But McLaren-Honda is not the only team under pressure this weekend, Red Bull is also bracing itself for a tough race and finished FP2 in 12th and 17th. However, with both drivers due to drop 10-places on the grid with an engine change, the team was likely working on race set-up over qualifying trim.
Attached Images

06-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #22
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Austrian GP: Felipe Massa nearly runs over Ferrari team boss

Austrian GP: Felipe Massa nearly runs over Ferrari team boss

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/33200937

Ferrari team boss Maurizio Arrivabene fails to adhere to the Green Cross Code as he almost gets run over by Felipe Massa in the pit lane in Austria.

Former Ferrari driver Massa has to slam on the brakes as Arrivabene walks out into his path during first free practice at the Red Bull Ring.