F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding out Headlight warm/cold monitor with BimmerCode help
GetBMWParts

07-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
ElCerdoLoco305
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i Sport

Coding out Headlight warm/cold monitor with BimmerCode help

Hey guys i know this has been discussed a lot as i do a lot of searching and reading on this site everyday. However i haven't found much discussion performing this task with the BimmerCode app. I'm installing my new USR angel eyes and Morimoto 2stroke Led's this weekend and wanted to make sure i have this part straight as well.

For those of you that have this app there is a section called "Voltage Monitoring" under the FEM. Is this were i would want to select the lamp type for the DRL, Low, & High beams set it to LED and then change each warm and code monitor to "not active"?

I appreciate the help!
Attached Images

Last edited by ElCerdoLoco305; 07-25-2017 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #2
ElCerdoLoco305
Private
United_States
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 06:46 AM   #3
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Hi,

I'm a new user of this app, but have replaced normal bulbs with LED's. Yes, you're in the right place above. Whatever bulb circuit you want to change out, change setting from 'bulb' to LED & disable the cold & warm monitoring to stop any flickering. Don't forget to do the same for any changed rear bulbs also, in the rear fem settings if memory serves... It is so easy with this app, and if you go wrong so easy to change back. I hope this helps answer your question.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 11:21 AM   #4
ElCerdoLoco305
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
Hi,

I'm a new user of this app, but have replaced normal bulbs with LED's. Yes, you're in the right place above. Whatever bulb circuit you want to change out, change setting from 'bulb' to LED & disable the cold & warm monitoring to stop any flickering. Don't forget to do the same for any changed rear bulbs also, in the rear fem settings if memory serves... It is so easy with this app, and if you go wrong so easy to change back. I hope this helps answer your question.
Hey thanks for replying. What I thought and what you mentioned was correct. I installed them yesterday and changed the setting mentioned in bimmercode and have not experienced any issues yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
fate_f30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Glacier Silver F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
Hi,

Would use the same settings as you mentioned above (LED) if you were changing out the low beam bulb to HID's? I'm currently running a hylux 35 watt canbus ballast with HID bulbs and keep getting a "right low beam malfunction" warning but the lights are on and working fine. I just want to cancel out the warning light.
2014 GLACIER SILVER F30 328i * Wheels:18" VMR V801 Titanium Black Shadow * Springs: DINAN 1" Lowering Springs * Tune: BM3 OTS E30/93 OCT * Engine: Evolution Racewerks Catless DP/CP/FMIC * Intake: AWE S-Flo Carbon Fiber Intake * Exhaust: AWE Exhaust Suite + Mid Pipe * Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter Valve * Plugs: NGK LI Plugs * Lights: Depo Angel Eyes W/ Morimoto HID's * Hood: Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #6
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate_f30 View Post
Would use the same settings as you mentioned above (LED) if you were changing out the low beam bulb to HID's? I'm currently running a hylux 35 watt canbus ballast with HID bulbs and keep getting a "right low beam malfunction" warning but the lights are on and working fine. I just want to cancel out the warning light.
I'd guess so. Worth a try, don't think you'll fry anything if it doesn't work.
      06-22-2018, 06:32 AM   #7
adrian2pm
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

Would you just set the bulb to led in bimmercode if I was to change my bulbs to led, fog lights bulbs. Or do I need a decoder to avoid errors and flickering?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #8
lifeofbimmer718
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i xDrive

Something fired in my car. I got the right low beam warning for a while and then no power was being sent to there no matter what bulb is there. I narrow the problem to the front electronic Module, i may need to replace it or change a fuse on it.... so i would put led settings and turn off the warm cold monitoring and if the warning keep showing up the canbust is probably bad
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 01:23 PM   #9
Imho
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10, Audi S4 B5 Limo

Hello guys,

I am struggling with my F10 and LED low beam's i have disabled warm/cold monitoring and set low beam to LED. Problem is that when i start the car after 10 seconds LED starts to blink and never recovers while car is on ignition only it does not happen
I checked both LED i both and its same, i am not getting any error's...
any ideas ?
Appreciate 0