F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > BimmerTech MMI Prime for BMW MINI NBTEVO ID5/6 ENAVEO Enable Android Auto & CarPlay
proTUNING Freaks

07-23-2023, 11:01 PM   #1
hihenry
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

BimmerTech MMI Prime for BMW MINI NBTEVO ID5/6 ENAVEO Enable Android Auto & CarPlay

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Hi,

Recently wife acquired a 2016 Mini Cooper S (F56). It's fully loaded except for factory CarPlay and Android Auto, which she uses dearly with our 2016 X5 that has been retrofitted with CarPlay/Android Auto.

So immediately I rushed to source a retrofit kit for the Mini. I have eyes on the BimmerTech MMI Prime as they are the best in business in terms for quality and support, and such is reflected in the price ( $749 + tax + shipping ). Detailed product info can be found here

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/category...y-mmi-retrofit

Fortunately, I found an used unit in good working condition! I installed it but couldn't get the MMI screen to show up. The factory screen etc all work fine. My iPhone did prompt me that the MMI wanted to activated the CarPlay.

I contacted BimmerTech and they replied promptly with helpful (but sad) information!

Unfortunately the Mini Cooper I have is equipped with NBT EVO ID4 !! And this MMI Prime unit supports ID5 and ID6 !!! ARGGGGGGGHHH!

So I checked the version of the HU and it is NBTEvo_E (which is ID4 ).

This MMI Prime unit is not compatible with the Mini with EVO ID4, and this is the reason I am selling the unit.

The unit is in very good condition with NO BROKEN TABS and NO BENT WIRES. There's a scratch but that's just from installation / removal.

Make sure you have EVO ID5 or ID6 before contacting me about this unit. You must make sure you have the ID5 or ID6 (applies to both BMW and Mini)

Here are photos of the unit. Comes in original BimmerTech box. Even has the comp sticker

Attached Images

Appreciate 0