F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Valentino Rossi
proTUNING Freaks

10-30-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
dangerous_al
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i G01 2020

Valentino Rossi

I don't know if there are any Moto GP fans on here or whether you have a opinion on the decision to sanction Rossi for the incident at the Malaysian GP, but Rossi has lodged an appeal against the decision and so the penalty has been suspended until 6th November. In the meantime there is a petition been started to have the penalty removed. Sign if you want to support Rossi and see the championship fight decided as it should be on the race track. There are already over half a million signatures which tells you something about the reaction to the decision. If you think the results of the penalty are justified, then fine, but if you think it was too harsh and want to see the championship decided in a fair race, then you may want to sign the petition

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/1...ecision/188688

https://www.change.org/p/motogp-dorn...e-championship
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

I was very disappointed with Rossi and I must admit he did bring the crash on, but to put him at the back of the last race is stupid and will upset many die hard Moto GP fans. I do agree though that Marquez has always let Lorenzo through without drama but never does with Rossi. Marquez has been a bully his whole carrier so just desserts perhaps. That said he is very talented without doubt.

I'll sign, lets see the championship decided the way it should be.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
andrewX3M40d
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

I agree, Rossi was stupid, but I thought Marquez's behaviour was even worse, he really needs to grow up. To try and influence the outcome of a championship by slowing an opponent down is very poor sportsmanship. Nobody can convince me that he didn't have similar pace to Pedrosa.

Such a shame that such a brilliant championship has been spoilt and will now always be remember for the events of last week rather than the fantastic races we have had this year.
Appreciate 2
      10-30-2015, 10:12 AM   #4
Tronneh
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d LCI

While i'm not justifying Rossi, watching the video you see Marquez turn into Rossi which forced the reaction of Rossi's knee. I am wondering however how calculated that was to get Rossi punished, letting Lorenzo run away with it?
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2015, 11:44 AM   #5
deebee
Captain
Rep
Drives: Not a Bimmer :(

Did you see lorenzo give the thumbs down when rossi lifted his trophy??

Talk online that yamaha very unhappy with lorenzo and he may not be there next year....
Appreciate 2
      10-30-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
dangerous_al
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i G01 2020

What a tosser. Are all Spaniards prima donnas? I never liked Alonso especially after what he did to McClaren (can't believe they took him back). I never liked Lorenzo, just never took to him, and now Marquez behaving like a big kid. I always respected their ability and I really thought Marquez had something special, but I just can't stand how they behave. Pedrosa appears to be the only decent one among them. I am running out of riders to support, don't now what I will do when Rossi retires
Appreciate 3
      10-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #7
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

I don't follow Moto GP and didn't see the incident, but the outcomes must be determined by the appropriate officials and not the fans. What next ? Petitions for/against goals, yellow/red cards, 'unfair' F1 overtakes, overly aggressive driving in BTCC ?

Leave the officials to do their jobs. The nature of sport is such that they don't always get it right, but such is life.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 12:04 PM   #8
andrewX3M40d
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous_al View Post
What a tosser. Are all Spaniards prima donnas? I never liked Alonso especially after what he did to McClaren (can't believe they took him back). I never liked Lorenzo, just never took to him, and now Marquez behaving like a big kid. I always respected their ability and I really thought Marquez had something special, but I just can't stand how they behave. Pedrosa appears to be the only decent one among them. I am running out of riders to support, don't now what I will do when Rossi retires
They only took Alonso back to punish him by making him drive this years car
Appreciate 5
      10-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #9
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

I'll sign that as I think the penalty is too harsh - it would be amazing to see the Doctor take a championship again. The racing this year has been a lot more exciting than previous years and it's not just been Marquez dominating all the time.

The scrap they had was brilliant but imo Rossi shouldn't have pushed him off line and slowed him like he did. Having said that he clearly didn't kick him and it was the coming together which MM did that caused him to crash. Rossi did say he was annoyed and that's why he did it. I do think Marquez was baiting him somewhat to be honest.

Even if the decision isn't reversed - he has of course won from the back of the grid before so it's doable.

Come on the G.O.A.T !!
Appreciate 2
      10-30-2015, 12:54 PM   #10
Steveo
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Signed, love moto gp and Rossi, Lorenzo and Marquez both cocks, end of.
Appreciate 2
      10-30-2015, 12:59 PM   #11
charge_hopper
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d

Lorenzo still comes across as a petulant child at times; his reaction to the incident and penalty was typical of this. Pedrosa is the only person that has come out of this with some dignity -- a fantastic win and sensible reaction to the incident.

I do really hope Rossi gets the championship but I can't see it happening now. Lorenzo is faster than Rossi at the moment so it will take an accident, incident or minor miracle for Rossi to get to the front considering that Lorenzo is very likely to be in the top 3 and the Hondas are unlikely to make life easy for Rossi if he does catch up. Given Rossi's current form, Pedrosa's resurgence and Marquez, even if he had a normal qualifying and race start he probably wouldn't be able to take 2nd if Lorenzo wins.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2015, 01:02 PM   #12
deebee
Captain
Rep
Drives: Not a Bimmer :(

Definitely some fascinating personalitys in MotoGP, Lorenzo comes across as so false and desperate for adoration which ironically is the reason he doesnt get it.

Marquez seemed up to now a decent genuine affable character who i reckon next year we won't see for dust as if that Honda is sorted hell probably just dominate again

Pedrosa pretty genuine but quiet

Rossi = Legend
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2015, 01:57 PM   #13
d246
Rep
Drives: BMW335d MSport Xd

Rossi should have kept quiet at the Press Conferene.
Marquez should have kept out of it on the track.
Lorenzo should have kept quiet and showed some class after the race.

Still want to see them battle it out on track!
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #14
Thehoss
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3series

Not a Lorenzo fan, always remember him nearly drowning trying to mimic the celebrations that Rossi used to do in his day.
The twat
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #15
Mattyk
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

I just watched a slow mo and it looks to me that Marquez leant in far enough that his helmet hit rossi's knee which prompted the lash out,

If that's correct then surely it's marquez's fault, or are you allowed to use a fellow rider t get round a bend?

Gone
F36 435d
F30 335d
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #16
AlfaM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I just watched a slow mo and it looks to me that Marquez leant in far enough that his helmet hit rossi's knee which prompted the lash out,

If that's correct then surely it's marquez's fault, or are you allowed to use a fellow rider t get round a bend?
I'm a 93 fan, but i do want Rossi to win the Championship, because I can not stand Lorenzo.... but, Rossi saw his own arse, slowed down and ran Marquez wide, he even looked at him twice while doing it, he then lashed out and caused Marquez to crash.

I don't think Marquez did anything Rossi hasn't done many times over the years.

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 06:09 PM   #17
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

So do it to Lorenzo and any other rider passing him as well then, not just Rossi......
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2015, 06:15 PM   #18
Mattyk
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

I only see Rossi lashing out after Marquez hit him?

I couldn't care either way tbh, so it literally is say what I see. Marquez seemed to get close on an overtake, Rossi seems to deliberately run him wide, but was leading so doesn't he choose his line?

Marquez hits Rossi, Rossi knocks him away from himself, Marquez drops it.

Gone
F36 435d
F30 335d
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 03:22 AM   #19
Craig 1527
Craig
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: x3m comp

been a great championship and needs to finish that way would have been better to take points of rossi so they start on equal points and then we would have a fantastic ending to the championship .
(as long as rossi wins so I have signed ).
f31 335i mineral grey/coral gone but will be missed.
gone 2014 range rover sport dynamic.
Appreciate 0