F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > Bimmertech PP82DSP
Extreme Powerhouse

08-27-2023, 09:27 PM   #1
natesi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Bimmertech PP82DSP

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Bimmertech PP82DSP

I bought this in 2019 from a member on this forum for $400 – they use to sell for $899 brand new. I verified it worked after I received it - but it seemed like it needed a tune because it was a bit flat when connected to my stock system. I suspect the former owner had a subwoofer and upgraded speakers, or something.

Long story short, I never got around to tuning it – it’s been sitting in a box, in my closet, since 2019 – and I just sold my F30 BMW. So, I no longer need this.

This amp is intended to work with the base Hi-Fi system only – NOT the Harmon Kardon.

This amp is TRULY plug and play – VERY easy to install -- with a few exceptions.
  • You will need to tune it, or figure out why it sounds a bit flat. I believe the software can be downloaded here: https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/tools/dsp-pc-tool-4/ And I believe this manual can be found here: Although this says it’s for the “Mach” amplifier, to my knowledge it is identical to the Bimmertech amp – the difference being that the Bimmertech amp comes with the wiring harness that makes it plug-and-play with BMW’s Hi-Fi system. Everything else should be the same to my knowledge. https://www.bimmer-tech.net/customer...BA-PP82DSP.pdf
  • You will need to buy a USB cable to tune it: I didn’t receive one when I bought the amp and since I never got around to tuning it, I never bought one.
  • Attached to the bottom of the AMP is a REMOVALBE mounting plate that Bimmertech installs. Each mounting plate is unique to whatever BMW model Bimmertech is selling the amp for. I bought this amp, used, for my F30 2016 328i. But when I went to install it, the mounting plate didn’t match up with the bracket holding the amp, in my car. I reached out to the seller, who also had a F30, and they said they had the same issue, and they simply modified their bracket by cutting a tab off. So you will either need to modify your bracket, mount it without the backplate installed, or get the correct back plate from Bimmertech.
All this is to say, there will be a little troubleshooting on your end. The amp works and I’m pretty confident it is fine, but I really don’t want it back if it’s too much work for someone to figure out, or if it is somehow “messed up” (but I'm pretty sure it's not).

So, all sales are final on this one – selling “as is” with full transparency at a reduced price. Usually if you buy a used one of these you need to tune it anyway - so aside from buying a USB cable (which a lot of used ones also don't come with), there's just the mounting issue to figure out, which probably isn't too hard.

Asking $200 – which INCLUDES shipping (U.S. only; no international). I will only accept Paypal.

Attached Images

Last edited by natesi; 08-29-2023 at 11:01 AM..
Appreciate 0