F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > need help with extracting car from snow...
Extreme Powerhouse

02-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #45
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintoom
Here's my situation... live in NJ, single car wide driveway long enough to fit two cars. Parked the bimmer (335i 6 speed manual) with all 4 wheels on the lawn at the end of the driveway last Sunday night.
Tried taking it out last night, but the wheels are just spinning. Checked the tire tread and all the tread gaps are filled with mud/ice and it is smooth.
Putting the car into any gear just spins the tires (0 traction). Tried putting door mats under both tires, but they just got shot out (flung away from beneath) the tire.

Missing driving the car for 5 days already and we are expecting more snow over the weekend.
Last thing I can think of is to buy hooks and cable (need load rating ) from home depot and pull the car out with my RAV4.
Snow not fun ....

Any help with what to do is much appreciated..
Yeah, I saw a video of tiresock...it was amazing!
Appreciate 0