F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Retrofit OEM Autodimming Rearview Mirror & Side Mirrors For 2012 F30
proTUNING Freaks

01-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
boafriend
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Retrofit OEM Autodimming Rearview Mirror & Side Mirrors For 2012 F30

Is it possible to retrofit the OEM autodimming rearview mirror with garage homelink as well as autodimming side mirrors onto my non-Premium Package built 2012 F30?

I really didn't want to make another thread for this after sifting through bits and pieces on Bimmerpost and Bimmerfest, but I have been hearing different things regarding this for an F30. Most threads point to the E90/E92 in addition to the X3 and X5, for which these retrofits seem possible for. I have also heard of a member who retrofitted the autodimming rearview mirror but not the side mirrors.

I would like to find a place in the San Gabriel Valley of LA who could possibly do this for me, as I don't have skills or knowledge of performing retrofits or mods.

I was told by a German auto shop in Walnut that I go to for maintenance that they asked a BMW dealer and was told it would cost a ridiculous amount of money to retrofit this, as lots of additional wiring that is needed, on top of the parts that need to be purchased. I would like to know if this is true or not.

And preferably I'd like a clean install. No cutting of any wires.

Thank you, greatly appreciate any help or advice.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boafriend View Post
I was told by a German auto shop in Walnut that I go to for maintenance that they asked a BMW dealer and was told it would cost a ridiculous amount of money to retrofit this, as lots of additional wiring that is needed, on top of the parts that need to be purchased. I would like to know if this is true or not.
It's true.
Appreciate 0