F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > What radar detector / lazer jammer can I use if I have the Blind Spot assist?
Extreme Powerhouse

09-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

What radar detector / lazer jammer can I use if I have the Blind Spot assist?

I have had a V1 for 6 years now... on my ED trip, i brought it with me to use in the new F30. I ordered it pretty much fully loaded, so I got the blind spot detection and lane departure warning as well...

When I put the V1 in the car, K bad was going off the WHOLE time. a very weak signal, only 1 bar, but the beeping constantly was very annoying...

my question is, would putting one of the built in systems work better and not get the interference from the V1? or am i stuck without any kind of avoidance measures?

I really don't know anything about radar detectors aside from my V1, which I love... but my new car doesn't love it so much...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
rob72
/dev/random
Rep
Drives: .

Exclamation

FYI, radar detectors are illegal in most of Europe. You would have gotten a steep fine and the device would have been taken from you had you been stopped.

In some countries they can even impound your car for using one.

The police in some cases also have radar detector-detectors, to detect people using them.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob72 View Post
FYI, radar detectors are illegal in most of Europe. You would have gotten a steep fine and the device would have been taken from you had you been stopped.

In some countries they can even impound your car for using one.

The police in some cases also have radar detector-detectors, to detect people using them.

I was well aware of this

Only used it in Italy, to detect the automatic radar cameras!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
KeepRightPassLeft
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 325Cic

Some have posted that disabling POP has reduced or eliminated falses from your blind spot warning system. You should have researched this option before ordering it. The rest of us who use radar detectors thank you for all the annoying false alerts.
Appreciate 0