F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ECO Pro is Brilliant - and here's why...
proTUNING Freaks

06-30-2016, 04:38 AM   #23
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 435d m sport m performance

On its own a small difference but its down to the driver, I use it on motorways and I like it tbh.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 05:27 AM   #24
J60nyn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw f31 335d xdrive m sport

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335d Touring Xdrive
I find Eco Pro is great for when I have the mother inlaw on board, but I can't wait till she gets out.
Another feature on the car I can't get my head around is all the negativity on the suspension. I have the LCI model with adaptive suspension, and I can throw it in to any corner and I still don't experience the wallowing sensation that people are complaining about. Even when in comfort mode it is still good for a heavy big estate. It feels planted. Sounds like some of you guys need to practice your cornering ability. Or check your suspension and tyre pressures. Are most of these complaints from pre LCI models?
ive come from a jaguar xfs I think the suspension and level of grip is fantastic in my f31 335d in comparison!! if only the ride height was a fraction lower as standard
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #25
nascot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335d Touring Xdrive View Post
Another feature on the car I can't get my head around is all the negativity on the suspension. I have the LCI model with adaptive suspension, and I can throw it in to any corner and I still don't experience the wallowing sensation that people are complaining about. Even when in comfort mode it is still good for a heavy big estate. It feels planted. Sounds like some of you guys need to practice your cornering ability. Or check your suspension and tyre pressures. Are most of these complaints from pre LCI models?
Agree. I've got the saloon. It feels planted and doesn't wallow about like people complain. I came from an Alfa 159 so that might explain it as that was a car which would wallow!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 07:18 AM   #26
Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleybrooke
Wow such negativity towards something that's very useful!

Brilliant because..

1) When the engine is cold you really don't need to push. Warm it up gently in Eco then move to sport.

2) The car massively quick. So you end up at a que of traffic all the time. Rather than be an arse, chill out, drop back and put on ECO pro and relax for a bit. Then nail it when the road is clear.

3) Motorways are dull in any mode. Once you get to cruising speed, why do you need instant throttle response? You want it smooth.

4) Apparently it's more economical. Not convinced to be honest.
Agreed. What I don't like is that the AC loses it's cooling too. On a hot summer day it feels muggier on Eco pro.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 07:29 AM   #27
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabreigns View Post
Agreed. What I don't like is that the AC loses it's cooling too. On a hot summer day it feels muggier on Eco pro.
This can be changed in the settings so you retain the normal cooling affect even when in Eco pro
Appreciate 1
Gabreigns493.50
      06-30-2016, 09:19 AM   #28
Gabreigns
Major
Rep
Drives: F3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabreigns View Post
This can be changed in the settings so you retain the normal cooling affect even when in Eco pro
Will look in to this. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 09:45 AM   #29
Katin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive

The absolute best thing about Eco Pro is the "Coasting" feature. The transmission decouples and it drops to neutral when you let off the gas pedal. I can coast downhill on my commute home for over 2 miles never touching the gas pedal thus saving. This is a residential area and NO I don't want to drive in sport to have fun, I coast in Eco safely through the neighborhood. Wish "coasting" could be set in any drive mode. Otherwise EcoPro Stinks.
Appreciate 0