F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > BS reason for not bombng ISIS trucks

07-15-2017, 09:20 PM   #1
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

BS reason for not bombng ISIS trucks

My favorite bs that [the outgoing admisnistration] did was say they didn't want to bomb the trucks isis was using to transport oil and fund themselves because it would cause an environmental oil spill in the middle of the Iraqi desert over a large field of....oil. How ridiculous can you get.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 11:20 PM   #2
JamesNoBrakes
Major
Rep
Drives: 428i xdrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
My favorite bs that [the outgoing administration] did was say they didn't want to bomb the trucks isis was using to transport oil and fund themselves because it would cause an environmental oil spill in the middle of the Iraqi desert over a large field of....oil. How ridiculous can you get.
Got a reference for that, or did you just make it up? Sounds like conservative radio talk show BS.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2017, 11:26 PM   #3
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Got a reference for that, or did you just make it up? Sounds like conservative radio talk show BS.
Look it up. It's not a secret. In fairness eventually he relented but not after isis made tens of millions from oil and it took years of generals asking to do it.
http://thehill.com/opinion/dick-morr...pared-isis-oil

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...rmer-war-plan/
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 12:50 AM   #4
JamesNoBrakes
Major
Rep
Drives: 428i xdrive GC

Quote:
Look it up. It's not a secret. In fairness eventually he relented but not after isis made tens of millions from oil and it took years of generals asking to do it.
http://thehill.com/opinion/dick-morr...pared-isis-oil

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...rmer-war-plan/
Ah yes, picking and choosing:

"Mr. Carter told the Senate committee that commanders had ramped up air attacks on oil-related targets.

“Because of improved intelligence and understanding of ISIL’s operations, we’ve intensified the air campaign against ISIL’s war-sustaining oil enterprise, a critical pillar of ISIL’s financial infrastructure,” he testified. “In addition to destroying fixed facilities like wells and processing facilities, we’ve destroyed nearly 400 of ISIL’s oil tanker trucks, reducing a major source of its daily revenues. There’s more to come, too."

I'm not sure how many Iraqis we have to kill to avenge our 3000 that were killed by the Taliban from Afghanistan and Pakistan, but 2% of the total CO2 for a year seems like a pretty big deal to me as well. I know lots of people are in favor of perpetual war and sending people other than themselves to go kill brown-skinned people, but the problem is we keep increasing the number of terrorists by attempting to systematically bring "freedom" to each middle eastern country, without having been attacked by that country. Let them kill each other.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/10/politi...raq/index.html

Quote:
A large part of ISIS's revenue has come from oil sales, but the terrorist group is mostly pumping oil out of refineries in Syria, not Iraq.
http://time.com/4145903/islamic-state-oil-syria/

Last edited by JamesNoBrakes; 07-16-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #5
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

"Mr. Carter told the Senate committee that commanders had ramped up air attacks on oil-related targets.

“Because of improved intelligence and understanding of ISIL’s operations, we’ve intensified the air campaign against ISIL’s war-sustaining oil enterprise, a critical pillar of ISIL’s financial infrastructure,” he testified. “In addition to destroying fixed facilities like wells and processing facilities, we’ve destroyed nearly 400 of ISIL’s oil tanker trucks, reducing a major source of its daily revenues. There’s more to come, too."

I'm not sure how many Iraqis we have to kill to avenge our 3000 that were killed by the Taliban from Afghanistan and Pakistan, but 2% of the total CO2 for a year seems like a pretty big deal to me as well. I know lots of people are in favor of perpetual war and sending people other than themselves to go kill brown-skinned people, but the problem is we keep increasing the number of terrorists by attempting to systematically bring "freedom" to each middle eastern country, without having been attacked by that country. Let them kill each other.

Now you're picking and choosing. Time? CNN? Might as well be the National Enquirer.

As for how many need to die and perpetual war, you can thank Obama and Hillary for that. Bush had Iraq pacified, Russia out of the Middle East, Assad and Iran on the ropes. Obama working with Hillary as Secretary of State pulled out of Iraq and wussed on Syria allowing ISIS to thrive. It's ISIS by the way. ISOL is the nice Obama name that praises them. Its not used anymore like undocumented immigrant.

The problem now is Obama has forced us to go back in vs having a friendly pacified Iraq with a $2B US airbase in the heart of the Middle East, Trump has to contend with Assad being backed by the Russians, Iran now has had the greenlight to develop nukes for several years, etc etc etc. No wonder the Arab world welcomed Trump with open arms, said where's the US been for 8 yrs, made a Saudi $450B military deal with the US, is arming Jordan who's been begging for weapons to fight Isis, arming the Kurds for the same reason, cruise missile strikes against Syrian airbase, attacked Syrian jets, backed israel and Benjamin instead of using US taxpayer money to fund his opposition opponent trying to sway the Israeli elections, and he got the major Arab leaders to condemn radical Islamic in Arabic publicly to their nations. Not a bad start but a lot of serious damage to repair after 8 years or laughable foreign policy.

The "brown skinned" reference is offensive and racist and 100% inaccurate. The actions are being done for political and national defence interests and have nothing to do with skin color. Same as when I hear lefties say people were against Obama because he was black. Wrong. It was always only policy but the left used the race card to cover for a poor president and policies. And the Sudanese, the countless Muslims and Christians killed by ISIS, the African girls kidnapped that Michelle thought tweets would save, etc etc etc about how many "brown skinned people" have to die due to Obama's policies, then we can talk, unless you think Obama who spent his early years in an Indonesian Madras was racist against Muslims and "brown skinned people".

And what did CNN report? The FLOTUS unlike Mrs Obama didn't wear a muslim headdress and shook hands with arab leaders. Good for her. But I digress. You brought it up.

This just goes to show how the politics are now very different. Trump is pro energy, anti climate change. Obama was the opposite. Both of these work against EV vehicles and their propagation. Do you think a world flooded with gasoline, a pro energy President who wants to flood eastern Europe with energy as an economic weapon against our enemies, has appointed people to kill the climate change bs, but also says you can be enviromentally friendly and still be pro economy and pro jobs, who is reassessing and reversing stringent CAFE standards etc etc etc will be a favorable time to push EV cars? The battle for ev cars just got exponentially harder but the proponents for them seen to have not noticed that they lost the white house that backed them.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 07-16-2017 at 01:59 AM.
Appreciate 2
      07-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #6
JohnnyCanuck
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Now you're picking and choosing. Time? CNN? Might as well be the National Enquirer.
And you're relying on The Hill and The Washington Times?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
Lobb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M135i

Obama certainly left a legacy of failure
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 01:30 PM   #8
Brigand
General
England
Rep
Drives: Golf R Estate

Quote:

So what would have been your master plan for destroying ISIS?

Don't bother with the We should not have been there in first place but.

ISIS are a real threat, so starter for 10, how would you defeat them?

Quite a simple question.

Previous: 330d F31 x drive, EBII, M Sport + , Vis Pack, Pro Media
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 01:41 PM   #9
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Lest we forget the reasons the US went into Iraq (or the leftists cover them up):

(1) Saddam had given shelter to terrorists who killed Americans. After 9/11, it was time for him to pay the price:

-- The mastermind of the Achille Lauro hijacking, Abu Abbas, who murdered a wheelchair-bound American citizen, Leon Klinghoffer, then forced the passengers to throw his body overboard, was living happily in Iraq. (Captured by U.S. forces in Baghdad less than a month after our invasion.)

-- The terrorist who orchestrated the murder of American diplomat Laurence Foley in October 2002, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, also took refuge in Saddam's Iraq. (Killed by U.S. forces in Iraq on June 7, 2006.)

-- The one terrorist behind the 1993 World Trade Center bombing who got away, Abdul Rahman Yasin, fled to Iraq, where he was given money and lived without fear of being extradited to the United States.

-- Czech intelligence reported that Mohammed Atta, 9/11 mastermind, met with Iraqi agents in Prague shortly before the attack.

(2) Saddam had attempted to assassinate a former president of the United States.

(3) Saddam not only had WMDs, he had used them -- far more prodigiously than Syria's. Assad's WMDs killed about a thousand civilians -- 350 according to French intelligence. Saddam's WMDs killed an estimated 100,000 civilians.

(4) We needed to smash some Muslim strongman after the 9/11 attack, and Saddam was as good as any other. It worked: Moammar Gadhafi, terrified that Bush would attack Libya next, invited U.N. inspectors in, gave up his WMDs, and paid the families of his Lockerbie bombing victims $8 million apiece.

(5) Saddam had committed atrocities on a far greater scale than our current bogeyman, ISIS. He tortured and murdered tens of thousands of Iraqis -- removing their teeth with pliers, applying electric shocks to men's genitals, drilling holes in their ankles and forcing them to watch as their wives were raped -- as reported by USA Today, among others.

(6) Saddam was a dangerous and disruptive force in a crucial oil-producing region of the world.

(7) The Iraqi people were a relatively sane, civilized and educated populace with a monstrous ruler. Removing that leader would provide a golden opportunity for an actual functioning Arab democracy -- an Arab Israel. That worked, too. In under two years, Iraqis were waving their purple fingers to symbolize having voted in their first democratic election. A few years after that, young Iranians were demanding their own democracy in another good people/bad rulers country.
      07-16-2017, 01:45 PM   #10
NickyC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

This is an old story, not sure why it's being brought up now? Obama's foreign policy was a complete and utter disaster in the Middle East. Europe is being overrun now by refugees due to our policies in Egypt and Libya, and by allowing ISIS to take hold in Iraq it only added to the problem. Obama and Dubya did a fantastically terrible job of destabilizing the Middle East, to the point now where we're at infinite war. Nobody even talks about Afghanistan anymore, and our best are still dying over there for what?

The military industrial complex never had it so good. Infinite war, infinite profits, and an American populace too dumbed up on their iDumbass gadgets to even care. We're all complicit in this, and I think it's horrible.
Appreciate 3
      07-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #11
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
It would seem that the Iraqi army's doing a reasonable job of taking the fight to Isis.
It also appears that they are more than happy to help captured Isis fighters on their way to paradise
Attached Images

E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle

Last edited by Chappers 71; 07-16-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #12
jmg
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
Obama certainly left a legacy of failure
As opposed to creating one.
Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 02:37 PM   #13
Lobb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
As opposed to creating one.
Indeed.

His biggest success was closing Guantanamo.......
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw1527