F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > If Islam is so great, Why do Muslims seek refuge in Christian countries?
Closed Thread

07-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #353
jmg
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
To go back a few steps.

A Christian (all or any) will not suffer severe persecution or death in the modern era for leaving their respective church.

It is highly likely than a Muslim that leaves their faith and is deemed an apostate will likely suffer severe persecution and even death threats or death.

The above is a fact, it is not all but it is not limited to purely extremists.
You've retconned "highly likely" in there. This a more true statement than your original. My argument being that you should be more conscious of such things since the ultra right wingers will take what you say as fuel to their own bigotry, and the far left will use it against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Btw I am equally discriminate against Christians, pot heads and a number of people that can and do impact soceity negatively.
So you are a discriminatory against more than just Muslims? Note taken.
Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR F30 328i Sport Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #354
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
You consider yourself Christian?
That's a neat trick you do where you quote *something* but refuse to actually cite your source.

The holy books of Christianity and Islam don't quite work the same way. Good try though.

Let's look at your quote:

Quote:
Theologian R.P. Nettelhorst added that capital punishment is seen in the Bible for a variety of offenses: Murder, adultery, rape, Sabbath breaking, disobedience to parents, witchcraft, and idolatry.
The word choice here is important. "is seen" in the Bible" is not equivalent to "the Bible commands Christians to practice capital punishment".

I could go on about this topic for pages but we'll keep it brief here. Yes, I consider myself a Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 8:3-7
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."
Or perhaps you've heard of a gentleman named Paul (formerly known as Saul). He behaved exactly as you claim Christians should - Christ himself set him straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acts 9:1-19
Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples. He went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.

“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!”

“Yes, Lord,” he answered.

The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

“Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”

But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord—Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here—has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul’s eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, and after taking some food, he regained his strength.

Closed Thread