F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Does REM needs replacement???
GetBMWParts

04-10-2024, 02:38 PM   #1
DavidJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i

Does REM needs replacement???

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum site because I've just bought a 2014 BMW 428i.
I love the car but I have couple a minor issues.
Mainly since when I bought the car PDC is not working, rear view camera is not working and sometimes the trunk will work (open) and sometimes not. For the trunk when pressing the button at the drivers side I can hear the trunk clicking, and also when I go to the trunk try to open it from there I can hear the trunk clicking. For the PDC part the button does not work every other button which is together with the PDC button works (traction control and drive modes). Sensor are not working and like stated before rear view camera is not working. I did a scan I got back the following errors: 804843 and 804844.
Now my question is since every one of these are related to the REM, does the REM need to replaced? Is it possible to buy an used one and have it coded? Also can anyone show me how to reprogram this or can anyone do this at a reasonable price?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #2
Alek Melkonian
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f30 and f15

Garage List
You can get this program called ISTA. It scans all the modules in the car and tells you if they are throwing errors. You should get this program and scan the module. If the module has errors, you can see them.
Typically modules don't fail unless they've sustained damage in some way, like water damage or they were fried with too much amperage. However, to answer your question, yes you can get a used or new module and code it to the car. Before you do this, I would verify the module is bad.
Appreciate 0