F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > BMW Style 5's on F32
proTUNING Freaks

08-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #1
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

BMW Style 5's on F32

If you were wondering, they dont fit lol

Had these on my e90 and decided to throw throw them on while cleaning out the garage.

08-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #2
XenaBimmer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328i, '14 320i

Sorry but those are hideous wheels!
      08-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #3
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenaBimmer View Post
to each his own, I will take my 18" BBS RC's over most of the wheels I see on this forum. With that being said, you have carbon fibers roundels and "black whiskers" in your mod list lol
      08-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
XenaBimmer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328i, '14 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusivo View Post
to each his own, I will take my 18" BBS RC's over most of the wheels I see on this forum. With that being said, you have carbon fibers roundels and "black whiskers" in your mod list lol
Ya what's your point?

And the wheels just do not belong on a new 4 series, they'd look more at home on a "hella flush" VW, which is a terrible fad in its own right
      08-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
MCL_F32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i X-Drive M-Sport

Queens!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #6
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ya what's your point?

And the wheels just do not belong on a new 4 series, they'd look more at home on a "hella flush" VW, which is a terrible fad in its own right
My point is if you like your ugly roundels and "whiskers", you should keep them, that's none of my business.

So I should put my oem BMW rims on a VW? I guess I should find me some aftermarket replicas since that's the current fad. Either way, I just did this for fun, I'm saving these wheels for an e36 project.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #7
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Ya what's your point?

I usually ignore these kind of exchanges... but seriously, you got owned.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #8
bmbarclay
Current M3 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex o View Post
I usually ignore these kind of exchanges... but seriously, you got owned.
Quote:
Ya what's your point?

Quote:
BMW, Volkswagen, Audi and BBS made these wheels popular. Look at the E30 M3...or the E39 5-series. The "hellaflush" people get them from rim shops and fix them up/widen them and put their cars on the floor. That is tasteless, these wheels are classic. Anyone who doesn't know that, doesn't know BMW and BBS and most likely are the people who "mod" their cars with black kidney grilles and whiskers. Thanks for sharing OP.
      08-17-2014, 11:00 PM   #9
dhurng
Rep
Drives: '19 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarclay410 View Post
BMW, Volkswagen, Audi and BBS made these wheels popular. Look at the E30 M3...or the E39 5-series. The "hellaflush" people get them from rim shops and fix them up/widen them and put their cars on the floor. That is tasteless, these wheels are classic. Anyone who doesn't know that, doesn't know BMW and BBS and most likely are the people who "mod" their cars with black kidney grilles and whiskers. Thanks for sharing OP.
lolllll " 'mod' their cars with black kidney grilles"

you are such a joke.

full disrespect
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #10
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Yeah.....

My post was not directed at OP; it was directed at XenaBimmer. I do love everything about the BMW + BBS mesh wheels (other than cleaning them).
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #11
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

I think the wheels look pretty horrible on the newer BMW's but great on the older ones. The new design of recent BMW's doesn't bring out the best in those wheels. On a E30 those would look awesome!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex o View Post
Yeah.....

My post was not directed at OP; it was directed at XenaBimmer. I do love everything about the BMW + BBS mesh wheels (other than cleaning them).
Dustless pads and gunmetal centers help tremendously lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
I think the wheels look pretty horrible on the newer BMW's but great on the older ones. The new design of recent BMW's doesn't bring out the best in those wheels. On a E30 those would look awesome!
Yea, the mesh look may not be for the F3x line. I only tried them because the gunmetal centers and mineral grey got me thinking...although I think it may work with a drop and a CCW style wheel, or maybe BBS RS with the step lip and some aggressive mods, but I have no plans for that.