F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > No option for "additional apps"
proTUNING Freaks

06-24-2018, 04:01 AM   #1
vintagevrs
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 320d

No option for "additional apps"

Hi, hoping someone can help. I picked up a 2014 f31 recently and wanted to use the Spotify integration that BMW offer.

I have installed connected drive on my phone(Android) and when I plug the phone in via USB the car recognises the app, and under connected drive I then have two options. Calendar and I think BMWconnected. I can see from YouTube videos that there should be a third option there for "additional apps" but I do not have this. On my phone the BMW app recognises that I have Spotify on my phone but I have no Spotify option on the iDrive. My car has the following options so I think it should work but may be wrong:

S6AE TELESERVICES
S6AK CONNECTEDDRIVE SERVICES
S6AM REAL TIME TRAFFIC INFORMATION
S6AN CONCIERGE SERVICES
S6AP REMOTE SERVICES
S6NH FREISPRECHEIN. M. USB-SCHNITTSTELLE
S6NR BMW APPS

Any help really appreciated.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
vintagevrs
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 320d

Anyone?

I coded enhanced Bluetooth today as car didn't have that and also purchased BMW online subscription as BMW said it was needed.

Still the same story. When I plug in a phone, I can access the phones calendar as well as the BMWconnected app, however no option on the iDrive for Spotify. However, the BMWconnected app on the phone recognises that Spotify is there and gives an option to launch it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Appreciate 0