F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F$&% a tic pipe
Extreme Powerhouse

04-22-2017, 11:04 AM   #45
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
Yes. I meeting the target up to 5krpm with pwm around 50s. Pass 5k it start not meeting target then pwm is going higher to try to meet it. So I either leave like that as I'm shifting at 6k or lower it a bit till pwm pulls down a bit.

Also, I have a friend with an ewg and we both have kind off the same map6 setting and taper is the same after 5k. They both goes down not matter what, like .5 psi difference, which hes on e30 and I'm on e45 and my trim tapers 44 and his 47-49. Meaning we both need to lower the target at higher rpms.
Basically what we have been doing, lowering target and trying to keep the fueling efficient as its my biggest issue and bottleneck. Plus with crap winter fuel It made the a/f wonky as hell too. I am about to start working with Dzenno again since we have better fuel available again.

I don't want to stack flash/jb4 but in all honesty it was the best of both worlds when tuned perfectly and the jb4 made up a lot of issues with boost control and fuel pressure. But that brings a whole different set of issues. I just like running flash only and its super consistent.
      04-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #46
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
Basically what we have been doing, lowering target and trying to keep the fueling efficient as its my biggest issue and bottleneck. Plus with crap winter fuel It made the a/f wonky as hell too. I am about to start working with Dzenno again since we have better fuel available again.

I don't want to stack flash/jb4 but in all honesty it was the best of both worlds when tuned perfectly and the jb4 made up a lot of issues with boost control and fuel pressure. But that brings a whole different set of issues. I just like running flash only and its super consistent.
I will also want go for a flash like bm3 but not for now as my jb4 is working good for my needs and just been FBO.

From the logs, how to know when my fuel system is crashing? AFR around 14.5 , FP_H from 14-18, FP_L around 130.
      04-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #47
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I will also want go for a flash like bm3 but not for now as my jb4 is working good for my needs and just been FBO.

From the logs, how to know when my fuel system is crashing? AFR around 14.5 , FP_H from 14-18, FP_L around 130.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_kay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicmadek View Post
We just have to accept that bmw screwed us with the pwg and the gains will be high when you go ps1/2. I honestly never ran map 2 just map 5
Dejan_ was just saying he felt no gains with PS1 Or was he trolling
On N55 PWG/EWG FP_h anything above a 10 is what you want and is good but I'm not jb4 log expert by any means. The bm3 log gives you actual pressure values so it's easy. If it dips below 10 it's def crashing.

Start scaling back from that. It's what I'm doing at the moment.
      04-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #48
mr_kay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

My car doesn't like going above E35ish. Wish I could get up to E45.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #49
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My car doesn't like going above E35ish. Wish I could get up to E45.
Quote:
Quote:
We just have to accept that bmw screwed us with the pwg and the gains will be high when you go ps1/2. I honestly never ran map 2 just map 5
Mine either. Usually PWG cars like more e85 but if I start running more than 3.5gallons it starts to act strange and my HPFP starts to sound like a typewriter.
      04-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #50
mr_kay
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Mine either. Usually PWG cars like more e85 but if I start running more than 3.5gallons it starts to act strange and my HPFP starts to sound like a typewriter.
My car is completely happy with 4 gallons of e85 and 8 gallons of 93 once the low fuel warning comes on. Anything above that and it starts to just shoot boost sporadically at WOT.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #51
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
My car is completely happy with 4 gallons of e85 and 8 gallons of 93 once the low fuel warning comes on. Anything above that and it starts to just shoot boost sporadically at WOT.
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah basically similar scenario here. My happy medium is 3.5 gal of e85.
      04-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #52
yoandry
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure why but I dont see or feel anything like you guys said. I was going to the track yesterday but the track was close, and I put 6 gal of e85 and 8 gal of 93 on Tuesdays. map2 and 5 runs good, Tried map7 and I was having the same pwm maxout after 5krpms with 48 trim so I tied then to jump on map6 to lower the boost taper and my trim is back to 41-44 and pwm back down a little.

I dont see anything else beside that on that e85 % and car pull strong, heck im having some traction control issues.
      04-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #53
sicmadek
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i sportline

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure why but I dont see or feel anything like you guys said. I was going to the track yesterday but the track was close, and I put 6 gal of e85 and 8 gal of 93 on Tuesdays. map2 and 5 runs good, Tried map7 and I was having the same pwm maxout after 5krpms with 48 trim so I tied then to jump on map6 to lower the boost taper and my trim is back to 41-44 and pwm back down a little.

I dont see anything else beside that on that e85 % and car pull strong, heck im having some traction control issues.
Ever since i had the lpfp recall done i can run e40 and still see hpfp above 14
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #54
mr_kay
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Not sure but it is frustrating sometimes.

Last edited by mr_kay; 05-09-2019 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 12:04 PM   #55
yoandry
Colonel
Rep

I got my replaced last week too, but I never tried anything above e30 on the old one.
      04-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #56
yoandry
Colonel
Rep

Here is data log I just did in map map6 testing process. As this is for me to see how the cars run I did it how I normally push the car from on 3k on 3rd to around 6k and below. Notice how the pwm start climbing after midrage. Also dont know why I always over boost at wot on all the maps. Let me know what do you think.

http://www.datazap.me/u/yoef30/map6e...a=1-3-4-6-8-14
      04-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #57
mr_kay
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Here is data log I just did in map map6 testing process. As this is for me to see how the cars run I did it how I normally push the car from on 3k on 3rd to around 6k and below. Notice how the pwm start climbing after midrage. Also dont know why I always over boost at wot on all the maps. Let me know what do you think.

http://www.datazap.me/u/yoef30/map6e...a=1-3-4-6-8-14
That looks pretty good. Your avg ign is staying really low, wish mine was like that. I have some map 5 logs where I'm running a little too much E85 for my car I think. The overboosting I was concerned with my logs as well and basically what I came upon is that since PWG is mechanical, the boost can't be too accurately controlled as EWG can be. I've seen EWG logs that the target and boost data are basically identical.

http://www.datazap.me/u/klekram/map-...ata=1-3-4-8-12
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #58
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Maybe my HPFP and/or LPFP are weak and on the way out. Not sure but it is frustrating sometimes.
Quote:
Quote:
I think my HPFP is on borrowed time. Every car is different, my car just doesn't like the e85 as much as most PWG.
      04-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #59
mr_kay
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think my HPFP is on borrowed time. Every car is different, my car just doesn't like the e85 as much as most PWG.
I think mine is as well. I was actually looking up a new one last week just to get an idea of pricing. I got one extra long crank a few weeks ago when I tried to push to start my car and it wouldn't turn over. I just took my foot of the clutch and tried again and it started up fine. Hopefully it doesn't leave me stranded.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #60
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I think mine is as well. I was actually looking up a new one last week just to get an idea of pricing. I got one extra long crank a few weeks ago when I tried to push to start my car and it wouldn't turn over. I just took my foot of the clutch and tried again and it started up fine. Hopefully it doesn't leave me stranded.
Quote:
Quote:
They're not cheap by any means. I looked into getting an M235i HPFP as it has slightly better flow than the older PWG equipped cars. I know of someone running it on a 2013 335i without issues
      04-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #61
sicmadek
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i sportline

In my case i wonder if running high boost is even worth it due to the climbing iat. If i ran map 2 the iat would hardly move and avg ign would stay at 0.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #62
mr_kay
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They're not cheap by any means. I looked into getting an M235i HPFP as it has slightly better flow than the older PWG equipped cars. I know of someone running it on a 2013 335i without issues
Really? That's interesting. Those cars are EWG as well right? I thought most of the EWG cars came with the weaker pumps.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 03:59 PM   #63
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Really? That's interesting. Those cars are EWG as well right? I thought most of the EWG cars came with the weaker pumps.
I'm Not 100% but I'll ask Alex about it in detail. It's definitely on his PS2 N55 F30.
I know the EWG cars don't like e85 at all but the flow rate of the M235i HPFP is what I understood was a bit better due to the power increase etc.
      04-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #64
yoandry
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
In my case i wonder if running high boost is even worth it due to the climbing iat. If i ran map 2 the iat would hardly move and avg ign would stay at 0.
Yeah map2 is not that aggressive that's why we run it with not issues. I wast targeting 11-12.5 psi with mppk on torque app, not to far from 14 on map 2.

Last edited by yoandry; 04-23-2017 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #65
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok my mistake it wasn't out of an M235i but I guess he ordered it and it's a different part number but a newer style pump. And quote supposedly better flow but no raw data that it actually provides that....
      04-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #66
mr_kay
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok my mistake it wasn't out of an M235i but I guess he ordered it and it's a different part number but a newer style pump. And quote supposedly better flow but no raw data that it actually provides that....
Maybe just the newest revision of the PWG pump then. My car is an early 2012 build, which might mean I have a weaker/older pump stock.
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50