F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Advise on Starting a Workout plan
GetBMWParts

03-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #23
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

i would say look into Starting Strength or 5x5.. Definitely full body workouts at least 3x a week. if youre only going to be able to go to the gym 3x a week, make good use of the time youre there. I would also suggest to add a protein shake and a creatine supplement to help you gain weight, also drink lots of water.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
Redcapote
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetzle View Post
Right, but from my understanding if you don't leave them any time to recover and grow larger, you end up wasting a bit of your workout that way since you keep re-tearing your shit before it can fully heal (assuming you go multiple days in a row)

Another method to release a lot of testosterone is to do legs more often.
You should not be doing full body routines multiple days in a row. You should be giving the body at least 3 or 4 days to recover from an intense full-body session. However long it takes to feel fresh again, let it recover. Legs are merely your largest muscle group, so of course they'll have the most impact. Of course, keep the work out to about 50 minutes or less, because cortisol starts to produce in your body and it destroys your testosterone levels (even for days after the fact).
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #25
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcapote View Post
You should not be doing full body routines multiple days in a row. You should be giving the body at least 3 or 4 days to recover from an intense full-body session. However long it takes to feel fresh again, let it recover. Legs are merely your largest muscle group, so of course they'll have the most impact. Of course, keep the work out to about 50 minutes or less, because cortisol starts to produce in your body and it destroys your testosterone levels (even for days after the fact).
Not completely true. If you supplement your workouts with vitamin C and glutamine they will help to reduce cortisol by supplying cortisol with blood glutamine. Cortisol will not have to destroy muscle to obtain it.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #26
Redcapote
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Not completely true. If you supplement your workouts with vitamin C and glutamine they will help to reduce cortisol by supplying cortisol with blood glutamine. Cortisol will not have to destroy muscle to obtain it.
As my statement stands it is completely true. Of course, if you supplement with stuff, you can pretty much alter all kinds of naturally occurring chemical reactions.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #27
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

yes try supplementing with testosterone.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #28
Redcapote
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
yes try supplementing with testosterone.
I do. Most American males in the U.S. should, especially after age 30. Test levels in this country have dropped drastically over the last century.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #29
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
I do. Most American males in the U.S. should, especially after age 30. Test levels in this country have dropped drastically over the last century.
yep diet and nagging women

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #30
hetzle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Most of my friend who've tried T-boosters end up getting in fights at the gym and extremely irritable outside the gym, not something for someone around 21 imo

Likely a different story for older men though
2011 335i sedan 6MT, 515whp/530wtq. Pure Turbo Stage 2, Motiv SST TwinDisk Clutch/FW, Motiv Flash, AA 4" DP, ER FMIC, AA turbo-back exhaust, Quaife LSD, ST Coilovers, BMS Intake, UUC DSSR+SSK, ER CP, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, Arkym CF trunk
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #31
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Now this I completely agree with.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #32
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Find a lady like my wife (good German stock ) then marry her you will be looking for a plan to take weight off

Good Luck

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0