F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NBT HDD syncing question
ARMA SPEED

03-12-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
Sherifbmw
Rep
Drives: F30

NBT HDD syncing question

Hi All,

I have nav pro NBT with 20 geg hard disk, i was able to transfer my entire music library along with the itunes playlists m3u structure through a usb flash.

My question, how to sync the new mp3 files only from the usb to the hdd, i mean if i added 2 or 3 mp3 files only to a certain playlist in the usb, when i insert it and press save new media it copies the whole playlist again and duplicates it with its mp3 files, is there anyway to copy the new files only to the relevant playlist on the hdd?

Another question, is there any difference in sound quality between playing from hdd or directly from thevusb flash?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
I don't think you can add to an already made folder or list when importing from a USB drive
      03-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
tympj
Yellow Jacket
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Orion Silver

I have found that the only way to add new songs to the existing songs is to delete the entire music list and then reimport the list with the added songs from my flashdrive. The same thing happened to me regarding duplicates until I figured out to delete the entire list first then reimport. I like to know if there is a better way if anyone knows? I don't think there is any difference in sound quality if you play from the hard drive or the usb. However, the speed to search and play songs from the hard drive is far superior to the flashdrive having experienced both ways. For a music lover like myself, having the hard drive built into my car is one of the best unexpected features of my 328i.

Last edited by tympj; 03-12-2015 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: added info
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #4
Sherifbmw
Rep
Drives: F30

Thanks for the help, what was strange for me is that i found the sound quality from the hdd or the usb is much better than iphone/ipod integrated, I always had a perception that the audio output quality of apple products will be superior to the normal mp3 on a memory stick which turned not to be true at least in my experience.
Appreciate 0