F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Do Not Go To Life Quality Service Center
GetBMWParts

06-21-2017, 09:29 PM   #23
450Horsepower
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 340i

Can't even describe to you how bad of an experience I've been having at life quality BMW. I drive a brand new 2016 BMW 340 xi, and unfortunately I hit a pothole that caused the steering wheel to be offset to the right just buy a little bit. I brought my car in for a wheel alignment on a Saturday at 8 am, spent six hours there. During those six hours they gave me back the car after about 4 hours of waiting and I took the car for a test drive and quickly realized that the steering felt extremely heavy and was now offset to the left. I went back in and they told me that the two front tires toe was offset and they were literally facing one another. How is it that you give the car back to the customer who pays for a wheel alignment and you know that it is not aligned and you give them the car back saying that everything has been fixed. Of course if the wheels are facing one another that will create drag because the wheels aren't straight. What kind of nonsense is this? They apologized and corrected their mistake and I again went for a test drive. Everything seemed fine until after a while when I was close to my house that I realized that the steering wheel was offset to the left again. I had to come back on Monday, spent another six hours there again with no results after three more wheel alignments now being performed by two Foremans. The car's steering is still offset to the left when originally it was off centered to the right. For some reason the mechanics and the foreman could not identify the problem and asked me to drop off the car. I did so on Wednesday, got a loaner, got a call on Thursday saying the car was ready. They said they identified the issue with their machine, told me that it wasn't calibrated. That they had to perform an expensive update to recalibrate their machine and that my car was ready to be picked up. So wait a minute? You know that your machine isn't calibrated and you still take customers money to perform wheel alignments that you know won't result in the correct specification? Are you guys serious? After picking up the car I again test drove it, it seemed fine for a while and then it started veering off to the left again. So frustrated with everything I then took my car to BMW of Manhattan the Monday a week from when I dropped off the car on Saturday. I was given a loaner car because my appointment was in the afternoon. I had to unfortunately pay again for the wheel alignment to be performed because they are not affiliated with other dealerships or services performed there. Within one day they fixed the car's alignment without a glitch. I cannot believe that a trained BMW Foreman, and all the mechanics could not perform a simple wheel alignment at life quality bmw. That they would give me back the car with the front wheels crooked facing one another. That after 5 wheel alignments they still could not fix the problem. It is completely appalling and ridiculous and it's just a shame that this kind of stuff has to happen. How can a BMW service department who trains their mechanics and forman and not know how to do the work that is required from daily wear that the car might experience. This place is ridiculous. I am now seeking to get a refund from Life quality BMW for the original wheel alignment. Needless to say from now on I will always be going to BMW of Manhattan for any kind of service.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #24
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420Horsepower View Post
Needless to say from now on I will always be going to BMW of Manhattan for any kind of service.
I can confirm BMW of Manhattan is top notch at both Sales and Service.

If I'm not mistaken, they're the only BMW-owned dealership in the country. They are not independent.
Appreciate 0