F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Help on ordering my first BMW!
GetBMWParts

12-23-2015, 08:44 PM   #1
bortnedrick
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435xi Convertible M Sport

Garage List
Help on ordering my first BMW!

Hello boys and girls! Long time lurker first time poster from Boston and looking to pull the trigger on a 435 xdrive convertible. I've gotten an offer from a local dealer and thought I'd post here to make sure I'm not missing anything.

MY BUILD!
MSRP - $67095
- alpine white
- coral red interior
- Brushed Aluminum Trim
- cold weather
- driver assistance
- m sport
- navigation
- 19" 442M wheels

Edmunds Invoice Price - 63970
TrueCar estimate price - 61290

DEALER PRICE - 62885

Taking into account tire/wheel protection and tax (6.25%) I'm going to counter him tomorrow to get me closer to 60K. Any advice/pointers I should take into account? Thanks in advance!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
M3Teg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
The dealer price is just around invoice, you might be able to get a little bit off, most dealers don't really like selling below invoice, obviously they want to maximize there profits. Also one thing to keep in mind is the tire and wheel protection is negotiable as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 04:09 PM   #3
bortnedrick
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Teg View Post
The dealer price is just around invoice, you might be able to get a little bit off, most dealers don't really like selling below invoice, obviously they want to maximize there profits. Also one thing to keep in mind is the tire and wheel protection is negotiable as well.
Thanks M3Teg!

Recent update - I've negotiated the dealer down to $61310 and now in the financing phase. My credit is in the mid 600's and they're offering me a rate of 3.89% for 72 months, with $5000 down payments are looking at ~ $950/month. My friend who's bought 3 cars from them has gotten 5 years of tire/wheel for $1295 and I fully intend to pay that or less . Since delivery isn't happening till around Feb they mentioned they're willing to go to another bank to get a competing rate around that time. In the event this doesn't pan out we can fall back on the 3.89% rate from BMW that's good for about 30 days.

My main question now is how do I make sure I won't get screwed when it comes to financing? Questions to ask? Any ways dealers are usually doing this? Sorry to sound like such a skeptic :P
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 04:26 PM   #4
M3Teg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortnedrick View Post
Thanks M3Teg!

Recent update - I've negotiated the dealer down to $61310 and now in the financing phase. My credit is in the mid 600's and they're offering me a rate of 3.89% for 72 months, with $5000 down payments are looking at ~ $950/month. My friend who's bought 3 cars from them has gotten 5 years of tire/wheel for $1295 and I fully intend to pay that or less . Since delivery isn't happening till around Feb they mentioned they're willing to go to another bank to get a competing rate around that time. In the event this doesn't pan out we can fall back on the 3.89% rate from BMW that's good for about 30 days.

My main question now is how do I make sure I won't get screwed when it comes to financing? Questions to ask? Any ways dealers are usually doing this? Sorry to sound like such a skeptic :P
Long as your at a reputable dealer they are going to be good to and not try to rip you off. My younger bro just bought a car 2 days ago. He barely has any credit so i co-signed with him. They said 3.9% from bmwfs which we were okay with because his credit is low 5s and mine is mid 7s then last min when we were signing they said they can actually give me 1.9% from bmwfs. So my experience with my dealer has been really great. Good luck

btw i could be wrong , but i hear its 60-90 days not 30 days.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #5
bortnedrick
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Teg View Post
Long as your at a reputable dealer they are going to be good to and not try to rip you off. My younger bro just bought a car 2 days ago. He barely has any credit so i co-signed with him. They said 3.9% from bmwfs which we were okay with because his credit is low 5s and mine is mid 7s then last min when we were signing they said they can actually give me 1.9% from bmwfs. So my experience with my dealer has been really great. Good luck

btw i could be wrong , but i hear its 60-90 days not 30 days.
Congrats to your bro on his new ride! What did he end up with? And I think you're right on the 60 days from BMWFS, I don't know why I heard 30. Let's see what happens, thanks again!!
Appreciate 0