F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Anyone ordered 2014 F30 m performance edition?
Extreme Powerhouse

10-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #45
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico
^^^very nice. My car should be here any day now as well. But now I heard from my dealer that some of these cars were built with the "adaptive" suspension instead of the M Performance and did not tell anyone of the change. I just hope mine is not one of them.
Uh oh. Is that bad? What's the difference? What did they use on the 435? m suspension or adaptive? Because that car comes standard with the m package.

Based on list of features I have from the dealer this car never came with M suspension. Just a list of M cosmetic items and the M performance exhaust and M power kit. I see no mention of M suspension on the list, which tells me that if ANY came with it that would be a bonus or even adaptive suspension for that matter if it is not standard.
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #46
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrusher View Post
Uh oh. Is that bad? What's the difference? What did they use on the 435? m suspension or adaptive? Because that car comes standard with the m package.

Based on list of features I have from the dealer this car never came with M suspension. Just a list of M cosmetic items and the M performance exhaust and M power kit. I see no mention of M suspension on the list, which tells me that if ANY came with it that would be a bonus or even adaptive suspension for that matter if it is not standard.

OK, so I take this back. I was looking at the packages available for the 435 and i think that this car was built very much like it, but a sedan version. My reasoning? Well this car was NOT supposed to come with the new Touch iDrive but it did. There was also no mention of M brakes, but they are there.

If you look at the 435, there is an M performance Kit I and then and M Performance Kit II (Power Kit and Exhaust Kit). In order to get the Perf Kit II, you MUST have Perf Kit I, which includes Adaptive M Suspension, M Brake and Variable Sport Steering.

Since I can SEE the M brake on my car, I would bet dollars to donuts the rest of the M Performance Kit I (including Adaptive M Suspension) is on this car. I will find out tomorrow. But let me know if you hear something different.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #47
Adrianwong
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M Performance Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico View Post
^^^very nice. My car should be here any day now as well. But now I heard from my dealer that some of these cars were built with the "adaptive" suspension instead of the M Performance and did not tell anyone of the change. I just hope mine is not one of them.
All xdrives have the m adaptive suspension.

All rear wheel drives have the m performance suspension which results in a 20mm drop

That was one of the reasons I specifically ordered the rear wheel drive....but as I'm told, there have been no rear wheel drives produced which is why I settled on taking an available xdrive.....

Last edited by Adrianwong; 10-07-2013 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #48
Adrianwong
Private
Rep

Quote:
OK, so I take this back. I was looking at the packages available for the 435 and i think that this car was built very much like it, but a sedan version. My reasoning? Well this car was NOT supposed to come with the new Touch iDrive but it did. There was also no mention of M brakes, but they are there.

If you look at the 435, there is an M performance Kit I and then and M Performance Kit II (Power Kit and Exhaust Kit). In order to get the Perf Kit II, you MUST have Perf Kit I, which includes Adaptive M Suspension, M Brake and Variable Sport Steering.

Since I can SEE the M brake on my car, I would bet dollars to donuts the rest of the M Performance Kit I (including Adaptive M Suspension) is on this car. I will find out tomorrow. But let me know if you hear something different.
The touch iDrive is available for all 2014 model years as well as a few other tweaks.

The m performance 335 xdrive is basically fully fully loaded 335 with the addition of the m exhaust, intake, software, aero kit, m brakes and wheels.

The rear wheel drive gets same but with the m performance suspension.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #49
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianwong
Quote:

The touch iDrive is available for all 2014 model years as well as a few other tweaks.

The m performance 335 xdrive is basically fully fully loaded 335 with the addition of the m exhaust, intake, software, aero kit, m brakes and wheels.

The rear wheel drive gets same but with the m performance suspension.

If it is fully loaded then it should also have blind spot detection and lane departure warning? These items were not included in the list mentioned for the package. Anyone know if they are included or not? I guess I will know for certain on Wednesday at 6pm. I was told by my dealer that only the 435 and not the 3-series vehicles would get touch idrive for 2014. Any article I have read up to this point supports that statement. Will find out from the dealer tomorrow.

P.S. So does what Chico is saying about suspension not being right on some cars even make sense?
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350

Last edited by Syscrusher; 10-07-2013 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: clarify.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #50
Chico
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianwong
Quote:
All xdrives have the m adaptive suspension.

All rear wheel drives have the m performance suspension which results in a 20mm drop

That was one of the reasons I specifically ordered the rear wheel drive....but as I'm told, there have been no rear wheel drives produced which is why I settled on taking an available xdrive.....
My car is RWD but for some reason the vin number shows it has the adaptive suspension and not M Performance as it was ordered. I have to wait until the car arrives to know for sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #51
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My car is RWD but for some reason the vin number shows it has the adaptive suspension and not M Performance as it was ordered. I have to wait until the car arrives to know for sure.
I don't think the VIN on these cars tells the whole story. When they looked up my VIN it said it had the standard 18 inch wheels, with which it clearly never came.

PS. I LOVE the Piano Black wood trim. So sweet!

Also, how can you have a RWD car when AdrainWong is saying none were produced? It sounds like some dealers are not telling the entire truth in order to get sales?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #52
Chico
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrusher
Quote:
I don't think the VIN on these cars tells the whole story. When they looked up my VIN it said it had the standard 18 inch wheels, with which it clearly never came.

PS. I LOVE the Piano Black wood trim. So sweet!

Also, how can you have a RWD car when AdrainWong is saying none were produced? It sounds like some dealers are not telling the entire truth in order to get sales?
I hope you're right about the vin. I am positive RWD were produced. I ordered my car the very week in May they launched the limited edition sale. I know there were more X drives produced as they are in higher demand. A friend tried to find a RWD after allocations were made but he was also told he could only get an Xdrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #53
Adrianwong
Private
Rep

i think the equipment spec sheet is quite straight forward.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 335 M Performance Edition.pdf (374.0 KB, 132 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 11:45 PM   #54
Adrianwong
Private
Rep

Quote:
If it is fully loaded then it should also have blind spot detection and lane departure warning? These items were not included in the list mentioned for the package. Anyone know if they are included or not? I guess I will know for certain on Wednesday at 6pm. I was told by my dealer that only the 435 and not the 3-series vehicles would get touch idrive for 2014. Any article I have read up to this point supports that statement. Will find out from the dealer tomorrow.

P.S. So does what Chico is saying about suspension not being right on some cars even make sense?
The reason the m performance suspension can not be installed on the xdrive is because it would lower the vehicle 20mm and cause the geometry and half shaft angles to be out of tolerance specs.

Now the other way around, I guess the adaptive suspension could be installed on the rear wheel drive. But I doubt it's a mistake and could furthermore support the fact that there were certain m performance parts hindering production of the limited edition vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #55
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianwong View Post
i think the equipment spec sheet is quite straight forward.
Hi Adrian:

I was looking at this one, and I seem to have glossed over the standard equipment. The M Power Kit I components are there. Good to know these items are included as standard equipment (I am guessing because its a 335 and not a 328) and since I have the xDrive model it seems the only thing I am left to wonder about are the blind spot and lane departure features. Based on these two spec sheets it seems they would not be present but it wouldn't surprise me if they are there since just about everything else is there. Will know on Wednesday for sure.

When do you take delivery of your silver on red?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_Spec_Sheet.pdf (82.4 KB, 175 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #56
MASQUE MARVEL
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335M PERFORMANCE

and here she is !
Laguna blue m performance
IMG_3642.jpeg
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #57
Adrianwong
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi Adrian:

I was looking at this one, and I seem to have glossed over the standard equipment. The M Power Kit I components are there. Good to know these items are included as standard equipment (I am guessing because its a 335 and not a 328) and since I have the xDrive model it seems the only thing I am left to wonder about are the blind spot and lane departure features. Based on these two spec sheets it seems they would not be present but it wouldn't surprise me if they are there since just about everything else is there. Will know on Wednesday for sure.

Sales rep called yesterday saying it should be Monday or Tuesday, it's already on the truck and in transit.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #58
MrDit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASQUE MARVEL View Post
and here she is !
Laguna blue m performance
IMG_3642.jpeg
Picture does not seem to be showing up.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #59
MrDit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Quote:
Hi Adrian:

They were not on either of the M Performance editions I have seen.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #60
MASQUE MARVEL
Canada
Rep

i am new here how do i post a picture
from my iphone?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #61
MASQUE MARVEL
Canada
Rep

my LAGUNA BLUE M PERFORMANCE edition 335
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #62
Chico
Captain
Rep

Quote:
View post on imgur.com
amazing!!!...I got the same color.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #63
MASQUE MARVEL
Canada
Rep

tomorrow 10am it will be on the streets
. today they are installing the carbon fiber & alcantara interior trim kit.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #64
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Sales rep called yesterday saying it should be Monday or Tuesday, it's already on the truck and in transit.
Looks like we will have to wait a week for that photo-shoot but let me know and we can meet up. Anyone have a VO or LS in Toronto coming so we can get all the colours in the rainbow in the photo-shoot?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #65
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
View post on imgur.com
Sweet looking! Who got Valencia Orange? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #66
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
The reason the m performance suspension can not be installed on the xdrive is because it would lower the vehicle 20mm and cause the geometry and half shaft angles to be out of tolerance specs.

Now the other way around, I guess the adaptive suspension could be installed on the rear wheel drive. But I doubt it's a mistake and could furthermore support the fact that there were certain m performance parts hindering production of the limited edition vehicles.
Lots of guys will lower them. I wonder why BMW chose not to compete with S4 and S5 in the suspension + awd department.
Appreciate 0