F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Deactivating Traction Control / DSC in SPORT mode in a MY14 320d Luxury Line
Studio RSR

10-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
AdiSinghV12
First Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport, X1, 525d

Deactivating Traction Control / DSC in SPORT mode in a MY14 320d Luxury Line

How to deactivte the traction control / DSC in sports mode in a 2014 F30 320d Luxury Line? I'm aware of the fact that the Luxury Line F30s don't get the sports + mode but there has to be a way out to turn the traction / DSC off manually in Sports mode? As far as I remember the dealer told me I can do it by just holding the Traction button next to the gear lever but when I do it 'SPORT' seem to disappear from my MID and all it shows is Traction Control Activated or DSC off but I think the car goes to the Comfort mode by default as soon as you press the Traction control off button ?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
f30luxline
e92 - 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: thisonetimeatbandcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
How to deactivte the traction control / DSC in sports mode in a 2014 F30 320d Luxury Line? I'm aware of the fact that the Luxury Line F30s don't get the sports + mode but there has to be a way out to turn the traction / DSC off manually in Sports mode? As far as I remember the dealer told me I can do it by just holding the Traction button next to the gear lever but when I do it 'SPORT' seem to disappear from my MID and all it shows is Traction Control Activated or DSC off but I think the car goes to the Comfort mode by default as soon as you press the Traction control off button ?
There are 2 systems in the car.

1 - Dynamic Stability Control
This can not be turned off. Even with Sport+ Mode. This can only be turned off in comfort or eco modes

2 - Dynamic Traction Control
This is what turns off in Sport+ mode only.

This is how it works in my car, US spec.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Overshotgolem
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328! 2013

Dynamic Traction Control (DTC).
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) allows more wheel slip and thus a more dynamic driving style with higher wheel traction and DSC controlling stability. A small amount of spin on the drive wheels improves traction when pulling off from a standstill in snow or on loose terrain.

Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) is a sub-function of the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system that can be turned on and off. DTC has two major roles: to regulate traction and to enable sports-style driving while providing active stability control.
When the drive wheels start losing traction the DSC automatically begins stabilisation measures. The Dynamic Stability Control system curbs the engine output and stops slip on the wheels. In exceptional situations, however, a small amount of wheel slip can be an advantage.

When driving in deep snow, slush or on loose terrain a small amount of wheel spin improves traction. For these occasions, as well as those when the drivers want a sportier driving style, the DTC can be activated by pressing a button and this allows more slip and reduces the DSC’s curbing of the engine. The result: better traction and more thrust.

The DTC also makes driving on snow and ice-free roads more dynamic. When activated, the DTC allows sporty drivers more room to manoeuvre around curves than the Dynamic Stability Control and even permits controlled drifts. The driver retains complete control over the vehicle in every situation and the Dynamic Stability Control’s stabilising measures remain active even when the DTC is activated.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
lilfoot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport

Press the dsc button to disable traction control, and hold it down for 10 seconds to disable stability control. On my sport line, I change to Sport + mode and then hold down the dsc button to disable all driver assists. I can confirm DTC and DSC are able to both be disabled, as I disabled them when doing autox.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
f30luxline
e92 - 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: thisonetimeatbandcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot View Post
Press the dsc button to disable traction control, and hold it down for 10 seconds to disable stability control. On my sport line, I change to Sport + mode and then hold down the dsc button to disable all driver assists. I can confirm DTC and DSC are able to both be disabled, as I disabled them when doing autox.
Disabling DSC kicks you out of Sport modes. And as explained above, DTS is a level (lower level) of DSC. When DSC is disabled it auto disables DTS.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 03:52 AM   #6
AdiSinghV12
First Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport, X1, 525d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overshotgolem View Post
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC).
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) allows more wheel slip and thus a more dynamic driving style with higher wheel traction and DSC controlling stability. A small amount of spin on the drive wheels improves traction when pulling off from a standstill in snow or on loose terrain.

Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) is a sub-function of the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system that can be turned on and off. DTC has two major roles: to regulate traction and to enable sports-style driving while providing active stability control.
When the drive wheels start losing traction the DSC automatically begins stabilisation measures. The Dynamic Stability Control system curbs the engine output and stops slip on the wheels. In exceptional situations, however, a small amount of wheel slip can be an advantage.

When driving in deep snow, slush or on loose terrain a small amount of wheel spin improves traction. For these occasions, as well as those when the drivers want a sportier driving style, the DTC can be activated by pressing a button and this allows more slip and reduces the DSC’s curbing of the engine. The result: better traction and more thrust.

The DTC also makes driving on snow and ice-free roads more dynamic. When activated, the DTC allows sporty drivers more room to manoeuvre around curves than the Dynamic Stability Control and even permits controlled drifts. The driver retains complete control over the vehicle in every situation and the Dynamic Stability Control’s stabilising measures remain active even when the DTC is activated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30luxline View Post
Disabling DSC kicks you out of Sport modes. And as explained above, DTS is a level (lower level) of DSC. When DSC is disabled it auto disables DTS.
Thanks for the explanation guys but the problem is, even just activating the Traction Control (Short press on the button) seems to kick the car out of the SPORT mode. Need to know how can I keep the DTC off yet keep the car in SPORT mode...
Appreciate 0