F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > What about this then
ARMA SPEED

11-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

What about this then

BMW have just got back to me and said " not all but some 2012 builds after september have a Sat-Nav glitch showing thr traffic congestion on the wrong side of the roads this makes the system useless.
At this moment in time they have no answers and have escalated the problem to the "highest level", what ever thats supposed to mean.
No updates available as yet so my £2K Nav system is F**king useless.
      11-29-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Weird that it affects only some post-September builds. Seems to suggest it could be a component problem rather than a firmware problem (meaning another trip to the dealer rather than an OTA update). You're not having much luck with this satnav

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Weird that it affects only some post-September builds. Seems to suggest it could be a component problem rather than a firmware problem (meaning another trip to the dealer rather than an OTA update). You're not having much luck with this satnav
some people's cars is "BMW UK's take", because this post september system is just coming on line in new cars, and many people will NOT know the system is making mistakes as they do NOT know were they are or if it's making the right/wrong turns because they are relying on it to get them somewhere.
Three cars now in Listers have this fault, even the dealer principle was taken 5 miles off route last night on his way to Leister.

I think once this system is "rolled out to more new cars" this will be a major inconvenience to many that rely on it.
      11-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
pops_f30
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d MSport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
some people's cars is "BMW UK's take", because this post september system is just coming on line in new cars, and many people will NOT know the system is making mistakes as they do NOT know were they are or if it's making the right/wrong turns because they are relying on it to get them somewhere.
Three cars now in Listers have this fault, even the dealer principle was taken 5 miles off route last night on his way to Leister.

I think once this system is "rolled out to more new cars" this will be a major inconvenience to many that rely on it.
Does this effect just the new nav? I haven't noticed any issues with mine but its the older Pro Nav?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops_f30 View Post
Does this effect just the new nav? I haven't noticed any issues with mine but its the older Pro Nav?
Just the new Nav, no other problems with the car at all, no faults showed up on the computer at the dealership.