F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > The Driving Rant Thread
GetBMWParts

05-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #45
ardyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 320xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1330 View Post
Should have called the cops on those bastards and give them a little taste of their own medicine.
I was so angry when I saw what it was that I didn't think of rational (and legal) solutions like that
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #46
Nedmundo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT

Living in downtown Philly and commuting to Wilmington, DE for fifteen years, I've seen much of the worst our drivers have to "offer." Some low points:

1. Failure to use turn signals. This is endemic in Philly, and very dangerous.

2. The damned phones. Covered already.

3. What I call "curve crawl," which is the dramatic slowdown, even on interstates, whenever the road curves. Modern cars, even the lowliest of them, can safely track a curve at over 35 mph! Jeez. This phenomenon causes massive slowdowns on our Schuylkill "Expressway," but I've seen it many other places.

4. This is more observation than rant, and I don't want to be insensitive, but much of the worst and most dangerous driving I've seen has been from folks with handicap plates or hangtags. Some of them probably shouldn't be driving. I have no idea whether folks need to retake the driving test when they apply for the handicap designation, but it seems at least some of them should.

As for lights on Hondas and Acuras, I've been guilty in my TSX a couple of times, because while I always leave the lights set to "auto," my wife often turns this off. Then, when I drive after she's used the car, and there's plenty of ambient light in the city, I occasionally don't notice the lights aren't on. Many Philly drivers don't turn their lights on at night, and I've seen nothing to indicate it's more common with Honda and Acura drivers.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #47
Jdem2
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34.50 View Post
They are in the same class amongst NYC drivers, NJ drivers, DC drivers and VA drivers - everyone sucks at driving. (
I split my time between PA and NJ so I am admittedly a little biased, but I do believe at least most of NJ drivers are not left lane hogs. NJ/NY drivers can definitely be aggressive, but that is the nature of the NY Metro area.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #48
Jdem2
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

This is a Central PA rant:

1. People who demonstratively swing left to make a normal right turn.
2. People who practically come to a complete stop to make a right turn!
3. People who demonstratively swing right to make a normal left turn.
4. People waiting to make a left at a two way green light but stay behind the line until its clear of oncoming traffic instead of pulling out into the intersection.
5. People who let 5 cars pull out of a parking lot in front of them instead 1 or 2.
6. ANYONE who leaves their car at the pump to basically go shopping in the store.

***Last but not least and this goes for every state: People who are too terrified to pass a tractor trailer and instead of slowing down just a little and getting behind it so the 30 cars piled up behind them can pass, will sit just level with the truck's back bumper for 10 miles, pissing off the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #49
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing
I have to say the most annoying are domestic truck drivers. Usually raised, chrome wheels, ball sacks hanging, squeaky clean waxed truck/big SUV drivers. For some reason they are very douschy and like to weave in and out of traffic. This is the type I see most.

There are other general types too.
+ 1 on trucks
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #50
X2 Monstah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X2 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJSM5 View Post
Minivan driving soccer moms who are screaming at their kids, texting, and messing with the radio, steering with their leg, and looking at their phone, not to mention hogging the left lane going 50 in a 60. Not to call anyone out on this but especially if you have the family stick figure stickers, PLEASE GET IN THE RIGHT LANE, and at least drive with one hand.
Ah, those damn family stick figures. I want to take a razor blade and just scrape them off. Or how about the silly "Edison Soccer" or "Fairfax Cheer" stickers in the back window. I don't care if your kid is a cheerleader. She'll probably get knocked up before she graduates. (Sorry. No offense to those of you that have cheerleaders for daughters; just speaking from personal experience.)
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #51
Alpha Dog 23
Born BMW, Die BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM F30 View Post
Ah, those damn family stick figures. I want to take a razor blade and just scrape them off. Or how about the silly "Edison Soccer" or "Fairfax Cheer" stickers in the back window. I don't care if your kid is a cheerleader. She'll probably get knocked up before she graduates. (Sorry. No offense to those of you that have cheerleaders for daughters; just speaking from personal experience.)
Or the Proud Parent of such in such school honor student. Great, your kids on honor roll, do you really need to drive around with a bumper sticker saying that ?
2014 F32 435 ///M-Sport Black on Red
1997 Saab 9000 Turbo Black on Black
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #52
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdem2 View Post
This one I see all the time and it annoys the crap out of me. Mainly because it signifies a driver that's completely unaware of their driving and lane discipline. Swinging out for a right turn I can understand even though I think it's annoying. But there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to swing wide for a left turn - there's no curb to avoid, people!

The intersection for the highway on-ramp by my house has two left turn lanes to get to the ramp. The people in the left-most lane frequently swing wide into the lane of the people next to them on the approach to the turn, not even in the turn itself. Seriously, who wants a 6000 pound SUV nearly side-swiping them when everybody is still going dead straight ahead? And even more importantly, where the hell are people learning this kind of behavior?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #53
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

... Those Domestic Truck guys. I was at a red light in my Z once with the top down. A hevily lifted truck pulls up next to me, obviously a turbo diesel. When the light turned green he honked the horn, it was so loud it sounded like a freight train. (I think it was one of those aftermarket horns). Now i am freaked out of course heart is in my chest pounding and he takes off leaving me in a pile of his BLACK smoke. Go ahead laugh... it wasnt funny.
      05-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #54
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Why is it that when you drive a nice car and are just crusin with your other half that people must drive up next to you and slow down and stare at your car? Go buy one you fool, I did. Cant you see that i just turned on my turn signal trying to pass this fool in front of me so let me in... UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited by rking117; 05-20-2014 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #55
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefneil View Post
Swinging out for a right turn I can understand even though I think it's annoying.
Going wide for a right is rarely justified either unless you are driving a tractor trailer or you are in the gutter already but people who do it for a left should be shot on sight.

People who park themselves in the middle of the lane instead of hugging the left or right so others can get by when they are trying to make a turn or even worse those who slow down prior to entering a turning lane - get the f&$k out of my way!

I do have to agree on the MD/NoVa drivers. I grew up in Southern Cal but I've lived in NH/Boston for the past 15 years or so. Driving in DC is a whole new experience LOL my god. I really don't get the MD unnecessary honk. You will be at total standstill at a light or something and some idiot will honk their horn. WTF are you honking at? The light?

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 05:50 PM   #56
NinjaActionJeans
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty95 View Post
1. Edmonton drivers can't drive at all. Seriously I have no idea how they 90% of them got there licenses.
2. Cars with fart cans because they're just so damn annoying
3. Pimped out Diesel trucks which spew out black smoke. +19439493890539 in annoyance when the smoke goes all over your car because they're assholes.
4. Attempting to merge in traffic. Why? Well because here everyone slows down to way below the speed limit when attempting to Merge -.-
5. Slow lousy drivers are one of the most annoying things ever, especially if they're on the left lane on the highway.
6. People which literally park a inch from your car. It's almost as if they want to scratch/damage your car on purpose.
7. Watch Bad Edmonton drivers on youtube. It'll explain everything.
They are just as bad if not worse down here in Cowtown.
Especially with the population being so diverse meaning there are drivers with such a wide array of driving styles and bad habits. At the end of the day its just a freakin mess.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #57
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

People who leave 10-20 feet in front of their car when they come to a complete stop.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #58
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdem2
This is a Central PA rant:

1. People who demonstratively swing left to make a normal right turn.
2. People who practically come to a complete stop to make a right turn!
4. People waiting to make a left at a two way green light but stay behind the line until its clear of oncoming traffic instead of pulling out into the intersection.
5. People who let 5 cars pull out of a parking lot in front of them instead 1 or 2.
6. ANYONE who leaves their car at the pump to basically go shopping in the store.

***Last but not least and this goes for every state: People who are too terrified to pass a tractor trailer and instead of slowing down just a little and getting behind it so the 30 cars piled up behind them can pass, will sit just level with the truck's back bumper for 10 miles, pissing off the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes.. Everyone in PA thinks they have an 18 wheeler and need to make a wide turn...

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #59
dL.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850i Coupe xDrive

Have to rant again.

It's always a Toyota driver that doesn't follow the rules, clueless about driving, can't park properly, or drives speed limit on passing lane.

The world will be a better place if all those people moved to Mars.

dL
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #60
Mojave Spirit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

1. PennDOT
2. Anyone who engages in rubbernecking
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 04:47 AM   #61
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

Happened to me last night, I pulled up next to a Honda Accord at a light and when the light changed the Honda took off aggressively. At the next light the Accord did not take off aggressively so I was ahead of him just driving at a normal acceleration. I was in the right lane which veers off to another road, the Honda which was in the lane to my left accelerated on up to about 70 to pull ahead of me in my lane for the turn off.

Did I get my revenge, you bet, I started laughing out loud because the Honda had to grunt and strain to pull ahead of my 428's mondain non inspired laid back cruising speed. It was like a sloth struggling to pass a cheetah that was out for a stroll
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #62
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

1. If a little high performance sports car passes you in the left lane and you cant read the plate in the blurr of things and you see him up ahead pull to the right lane and slow way down... you might want to consider falling in line behind me. To the cop that pulled him over... Good Job Man.

2. If you really want to do the exact speed limit you are really not supposed to be in the left lane. Yes I know you pay taxes on it but that is a good way to find your self wanting from the ditch.

3. If you are merging unto a highway, dont pull out in front of me if you are going to not do the speed limit, slow down and wait for me to go around first. Afterall it is the law right?

4. If i am driving behind you with my top off. (not a pretty sight i assure you) Please dont turn on your window washers at highway speed. The fluid never hits your winow anyway. I will have to stop and take a shower afterward you dummy.

5. Yes i can smell your cigarette from behind you. (enough said)

6. Dont think that jsut because you are driving a rice rocket that i am going to race you. But in the event i feel generous, don't get angry when you are looking at my red leds. No there will be no rematch, one embarrasment limit is my rule.

7. If you drive to the mall and you see my nice, pretty, shiney, perfect, little Z (or my 3 for that matter) sitting there all alone at the end of a row with noone around me that doesnt mean that i wany your F350 Turbo Diesel sitting next to my ride.

8. ATTENTION HOOPTY OWNERS, the rule is 500 feet from my car at all times on all sides no closer its the law.

9. If you want to be a douche and leave me a note saying that you were sorry you scratched my car while i was in said mall, at least leave me your correct phone number. Nice one though I am sure you were laughing from a far when i looked all over my car and couldnt find the scratch. (Yes I looked hard)

10. No i will not give you a ride in my car even if you are pretty. I am happily married and want to stay that way. Sorry ladies.

11. When driving on the highway or any other 4 lane road, I know you want to gaze at my car as i drive by cause it is a cool car for sure, but please keep your eyes on your lane. You always cross the center line staring at me.

12. If i have my top down and sitting at a red light, and you drive up next to me in a red neck F250. When the light turns green please dont sound off your freight train horn and give me a heart attack.

13. If you are driving the same speed as the person next to you on a 4 lane road then you deserve an award. Just dont expect that award to be on paper or in the manner you wish. I know of someone that will use the emergency lane to get your attention back on your job which is the road.

14. Thank you to Semi truck driver out there that made me use my knowledge of driving through solums. I am glad any time that i am able to swerve across 2 lanes of traffic to avoid an accident and not have to worry about getting a ticket cause i can say i was avoiding the dumb head that pulled out in front of me. It is always a delighting experience.

And finally 15. To you soccor moms that have nothing better to do than to be on your phones while driving not paying a bit of attention to the road, curbs, grass, speed limited, yield signs, red lights, stop signs, other cars, pedestrians, dogs, cats, any other wild life and of course the little sports car you almost him which was me. If you need an assistant because you have so many calls to make, then hire one...

I can say that all of the above might have happened. Certainly i would not say that this limits the complaints either. Maybe as I think of them, ill post more who knows.

Last edited by rking117; 07-08-2014 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #63
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking117
1. If a little high performance sports car passes you in the left lane and you cant read the plate in the blurr of things and you see him up ahead pull to the right lane and slow way down... you might want to consider falling in line behind me. To the cop that pulled him over... Good Job Man.

2. If you really want to do the exact speed limit you are really not supposed to be in the left lane. Yes I know you pay taxes on it but that is a good way to find your self wanting from the ditch.

3. If you are merging unto a highway, dont pull out in front of me if you are going to not do the speed limit, slow down and wait for me to go around first. Afterall it is the law right?

4. If i am driving behind you with my top off. (not a pretty sight i assure you) Please dont turn on your window washers at highway speed. The fluid never hits your winow anyway. I will have to stop and take a shower afterward you dummy.

5. Yes i can smell your cigarette from behind you. (enough said)

6. Dont think that jsut because you are driving a rice rocket that i am going to race you. But in the event i feel generous, don't get angry when you are looking at my red leds. No there will be no rematch, one embarrasment limit is my rule.

7. If you drive to the mall and you see my nice, pretty, shiney, perfect, little Z (or my 3 for that matter) sitting there all alone at the end of a row with noone around me that doesnt mean that i wany your F350 Turbo Diesel sitting next to my ride.

8. ATTENTION HOOPTY OWNERS, the rule is 500 feet from my car at all times on all sides no closer its the law.

9. If you want to be a douche and leave me a note saying that you were sorry you scratched my car while i was in said mall, at least leave me your correct phone number. Nice one though I am sure you were laughing from a far when i looked all over my car and couldnt find the scratch. (Yes I looked hard)

10. No i will not give you a ride in my car even if you are pretty. I am happily married and want to stay that way. Sorry ladies.

11. When driving on the highway or any other 4 lane road, I know you want to gaze at my car as i drive by cause it is a cool car for sure, but please keep your eyes on your lane. You always cross the center line staring at me.

12. If i have my top down and sitting at a red light, and you drive up next to me in a red neck F250. When the light turns green please dont sound off your freight train horn and give me a heart attack.

13. If you are driving the same speed as the person next to you on a 4 lane road then you deserve an award. Just dont expect that award to be on paper or in the manner you wish. I know of someone that will use the emergency lane to get your attention back on your job which is the road.

14. Thank you to Semi truck driver out there that made me use my knowledge of driving through solums. I am glad any time that i am able to swerve across 2 lanes of traffic to avoid an accident and not have to worry about getting a ticket cause i can say i was avoiding the dumb head that pulled out in front of me. It is always a delighting experience.

And finally 15. To you soccor moms that have nothing better to do than to be on your phones while driving not paying a bit of attention to the road, curbs, grass, speed limited, yield signs, red lights, stop signs, other cars, pedestrians, dogs, cats, any other wild life and of course the little sports car you almost him which was me. If you need an assistant because you have so many calls to make, then hire one...

I can say that all of the above might have happened. Certainly i would not say that this limits the complaints either. Maybe as I think of them, ill post more who knows.
11!!! Ever since I got my 4 this has been happening. Now I know I'm not just making this up in my head..

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #64
NOBLE MOTORCARS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i (ON A BOAT)

Garage List
One time I was making a right on to a main road

At the same time, across the street some lady was making a left onto the same road as well...She sees me going into the right lane and she is suppose to go in the left lane but instead jumps right into the right lane...this old hag decides to curse me out honk the horn cut me off and flip me off...LOL seriously...GTFO
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #65
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

As a automobile driver, I have a few.

As a motorcyclist, the list is endless.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #66
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by lPandaBearl View Post
At the same time, across the street some lady was making a left onto the same road as well...She sees me going into the right lane and she is suppose to go in the left lane but instead jumps right into the right lane...this old hag decides to curse me out honk the horn cut me off and flip me off...LOL seriously...GTFO

I'm seriously at a loss for these idiots. Since when has it ever been kosher that making a turn means you can pick whatever lane you fucking please?

A month or so ago I was at a T intersection where the right two lanes turned right. I was in the center lane, minivan on the right. We get the light, he plows into my lane cutting me off and would have hit me if I didnt slam on the brakes. I'm honking and looking at him "are you fucking retarded?!?!" and he's looking at me and pointing "but I wanted to go there"

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 0