F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Quick but important question
Studio RSR

06-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
ravennole
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 325 ci coupe

Quick but important question

My 328 just got a production number and it says I he te brushed aluminum trim but under the options for sport line it lists the coral red matte high trim (which I ordered) and highlight trim finishers black high-gloss and pearl gloss chrome. Can someone explain to me what these are? Are these secondary trims standard on all sport lines because I don't remember choosing anything but the aluminum and the red

Thanks in advance I want to make sure the production car is perfect before its too late
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennole View Post
My 328 just got a production number and it says I he te brushed aluminum trim but under the options for sport line it lists the coral red matte high trim (which I ordered) and highlight trim finishers black high-gloss and pearl gloss chrome. Can someone explain to me what these are? Are these secondary trims standard on all sport lines because I don't remember choosing anything but the aluminum and the red

Thanks in advance I want to make sure the production car is perfect before its too late
If you are seeing this from the BMW website, I would not worry about it. When my car first entered production it was showing a bunch options in duplicate, or some I did not order. But as delivery of my ED got closer, the website was updated and was showing accurate options from my order.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

The highlight trim finishers are on the outside of the car I believe. Mine was black high gloss and the only place I could find that was on the trim surrounding the windows outside the car.
      06-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
ravennole
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 325 ci coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
The highlight trim finishers are on the outside of the car I believe. Mine was black high gloss and the only place I could find that was on the trim surrounding the windows outside the car.
Yea I think these are just standard on the car just checking if other people got it. It's says aluminum trim and red accent so I think I'm fine just double checking before its too late.

I am just excited for this car to get here already! I am hoping a late 2013 build will go quicker as they want to pump them out but who's knows
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

The BMW website updates never seem to be correct. The best way to know for sure that your order is in the system with correct details is to have your CA give you a copy of the VIR (Vehicle Inquiry Report) with your name and production number on it. Some people here have been told by their CA that they can't give it to them, but there's nothing to hide on the VIR...unless of course they charged you an arm and a leg over invoice price and don't want you to see the invoice price. But that's not a secret anyway, it's pretty common knowledge and easily available on sites like BMWconfig.com.

Ask your CA for the VIR if you are nervous about the order being correct.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
elistan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, AP1 S2000

After several months of ownership, the BMW webpage STILL shows the following for my car:

Sport Line
•Highlight trim finishers Coral Red matte
•Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
•Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome
•Performance Summer Tires
•All Season Tires
•Anthracite headliner
•Door mirror caps in black
•Sport seats

LOL.
Appreciate 0