F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Houston, TX. Car Wash & Detailers!
Extreme Powerhouse

06-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
TheHitchhiker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i

Houston, TX. Car Wash & Detailers!

Hi fellow Houston Bimmers!

I haven't run into much topics about carwash/detailing our precious cars. I will be getting my F30 in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure I take it to someone who cleans it good with the appropriate chemicals and WITHOUT damaging or swirling the paint and without damaging interior trim/leather!

Where are your fav places to go for a regular ext/int wash and for detailing???

CHEERS!

Past: 2016 F10 550i M-Sport ~ 2015 F83 M4 Convertible ~ 2013 F30 335i M-Sport ~ 2006 E85 Z4 30i
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
Handozizle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

http://www.vive-houston.com/

I took my car to them and i think they did an awesome job.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
TheHitchhiker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i

They look incredible but going there for regular washes + detailing would be a hole in the pocket. For detailing these guys definitely look like the only option.

How much did you pay them for detailing?

And any week to week basis car wash recommendations?

Past: 2016 F10 550i M-Sport ~ 2015 F83 M4 Convertible ~ 2013 F30 335i M-Sport ~ 2006 E85 Z4 30i
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline AW

I take mine to Wax Works off Murphy/59 since I am in SW. But Brent Collins does a great job as well. However he is booked pretty steep...he details exotics primarily so squeezing in a small 3 every now and then if you sweet talk him he'll hook you up.

I've had my 09 S550 with tons of swirls all over the hood and trunk COMPLETELY gone. Brent lives by 59/Buffalo Speedway and he is by far the most dedicated detailer I have ever seen. One man army so let PM me and I'll ask if it's okay to bring him more business...I'm sure he wouldn't mind lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Road Rage Detail polished and opticoated my car. He spent 9 hours at my house - dedication!

Brent's a cool dude too. He's on the Houston BMW thread on facebook all the time.
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handozizle View Post
http://www.vive-houston.com/

I took my car to them and i think they did an awesome job.
Lol I would feel just a tad embarrassed pulling in a sportline 335i with only subtle cosmetic mods done on then M sport grills, paint matched side markers, and paint matched whiskers. And a DIY Plastidip 335i emblem.

I usually take mine to Wax Works Auto Detail http://www.autodetailinghouston.com right off US-59 and Murphy since I live in Sugar Land and its the only hand car wash I trust that's within 10 minutes of me.

If you just want an express hand wash I think it's about $14-15 bucks including tire shine which I am not a big fan of especially driving a white car when the tire shine hasn't adhered completely.

My favorite so far as most of us know is Brent Collins. Very nice guy very reasonable pricing however he is a tad out of the way for me. Find him I here I'm sure he can help you out. He does this as a hobby of sorts if you will...a man who enjoys cleaning and taking care of another persons's car as if it were their own says a lot about his work ethic and attention to detail.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 08:54 AM   #7
Valetdetails
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x6

A good recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitchhiker View Post
Hi fellow Houston Bimmers!

I haven't run into much topics about carwash/detailing our precious cars. I will be getting my F30 in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure I take it to someone who cleans it good with the appropriate chemicals and WITHOUT damaging or swirling the paint and without damaging interior trim/leather!

Where are your fav places to go for a regular ext/int wash and for detailing???

CHEERS!
Check out Valet Mobile Detailing we aren't afraid to spend over 8 hours to bring a car back to life
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 11:03 AM   #8
MineralGrayF31
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d Sportwagon

Swirls will only come and happen with improper washing and drying methods. If you have dust on your car, and try to wipe it off with a detail spray, even though only light dust, you will create micromarring. people think you wont, but you will.

A ceramic coating is a great option and can prevent some micromarring but it isnt perfect. At this time, however, it is the best option aside from PPF.

I would recommend shelling out the $$$$$ if you want to protect paint.

If you run it through a tunnel you will get scratches for a few reasons. One, there is no pre wash or snow foam. Two, the dust and contaminants that are the car are being removed by imprecise methods. Three, when you go through a tunnel, dirt remains, and when the make contact with the car to dry it, the grind dirt into the paint creating marring.

I would recommend finding a detailer, paying him to ceramic coat your car, and then committing to seeing him once a month for a maintenance wash. That wont be that expensive and it will keep you car looking amazing.

With a ceramic coating you can go longer without washing your car so that’s a big plus. The biggest issue though comes down to who details it, and what are their methods. And, if you dont want to trust someone to do it, then I can give you a list of products, totaling about $500 bucks, and showing you to do it on your own.

Detailing isnt hard, you just have to pay attention and use common sense.

To conclude, I would

1. PPF the front end
2. Ceramic coat the entire car. (Most retailers should give a big discount on a new car as the work is a lot less because you are correcting far less on a new car.)
3. Monthly washes at minimum but very 2 weeks being ideal. (Don’t let rain sit on the car for longer than 2-3 days and if it is, make sure the care doesnt bake in the sun. )

-JE
Meticulousdetail.com
Appreciate 0