F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Which front lip for F30? I drive HARD.
GetBMWParts

05-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #45
Dippydo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Comp

Garage List
2012 BMW  [1.00]
The OEMs are like this as well in those corners so it is just the person that originally designed it. Ive also seen them warp in the same spot. That is because when they pull hot plastics out of the molds, they can flex and when they cool they stay in that same shape.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2015, 11:03 PM   #46
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
Installed my Selma over the weekend...
Thats great feedback - i knew i missed something. Funny you mentioned the two screws on either end of the bumper. i actually wasted the first 30 minutes of my install trying to get those screws off the existing lip before i realized they weren't even holding the existing lip to the bumper - you see, I didn't have those big washers you mentioned on mine holding those screws to the lip onto the bumper. So when i pulled all the existing rivets out, the lip just came off (leaving those screws behind in the bumper itself). Now it makes sense
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 10:33 AM   #47
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydo View Post
The OEMs are like this as well in those corners so it is just the person that originally designed it. Ive also seen them warp in the same spot. That is because when they pull hot plastics out of the molds, they can flex and when they cool they stay in that same shape.
That's for sure...I forgot to mention one other thing I fixed. On the inner mount piece, there are two tabs that stick out that hold the holes that attach to the bumper at an angle. One of mine was canted downward at an odd angle, different than the other side. This was clearly one of those "cooling out of shape" pieces. I straightened it back with some gentle heat gunning. I considered using the heat gun again to fix the area I mentioned in the previous post, but it was already stuck onto the bumper. I wasn't about to mess around with a heat gun so close to the car
Appreciate 0