F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Tips on tracking my 335d order
Extreme Powerhouse

09-18-2015, 05:04 AM   #1
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

Tips on tracking my 335d order

Hi Folks,

I'm new here

Ordered a 335d xDrive M Sport Tourer back in May/June through a lease co. It was originally estimated for early September delivery which then got pushed back to mid Sept, late Sept and now mid Oct! Turns out high demand is the reason for the factory delays - as confirmed by BMW themselves!

Got an update earlier in the week (15/09/2015) that the car is at 5055 status - Confirmed by production control.

Any ideas how long it will be sat at this status until it's built? I'm so impatient and very excited!!

I got the VIN number through and have ran it through an online decoder but it won't given me a production date yet - i'm assuming this is because it hasn't actually been built yet?

I've been given a production week of next week but was kind of hoping it would go into production ahead of that given it's hit 5055 now?

What have you guys experienced with this process and what can I reasonably expect?

Can't wait for it 9000 status so I can try and track it on a ship!!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #2
cmplaya
Captain
Rep
Drives: B58

congrats. hard to say when it will start production based on that, but for me the actual production took about a week, then another week to get to the port. then another couple weeks to get onto a boat.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 07:52 AM   #3
TophrHwk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

My vehicle completed production on 8/21 (took about a week) and arrived stateside on 9/12. Currently, it should be wrapping the port of entry stage and/or on the truck to the dealer for delivery next week. The vehicle was originally ordered on 7/20, so it's been about 9 weeks in total, so far.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 05:31 AM   #4
EJL
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharepointalex View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm new here

Ordered a 335d xDrive M Sport Tourer back in May/June through a lease co. It was originally estimated for early September delivery which then got pushed back to mid Sept, late Sept and now mid Oct! Turns out high demand is the reason for the factory delays - as confirmed by BMW themselves!

Got an update earlier in the week (15/09/2015) that the car is at 5055 status - Confirmed by production control.

Any ideas how long it will be sat at this status until it's built? I'm so impatient and very excited!!

I got the VIN number through and have ran it through an online decoder but it won't given me a production date yet - i'm assuming this is because it hasn't actually been built yet?

I've been given a production week of next week but was kind of hoping it would go into production ahead of that given it's hit 5055 now?

What have you guys experienced with this process and what can I reasonably expect?

Can't wait for it 9000 status so I can try and track it on a ship!!

Cheers
Correct. I'm not sure how things are in the UK, but the phone system in the US was usually the most up to date. The UK is usually the first stop on the boat, not long after it leaves Germany. You can check the status of your boat here http://www.2wglobal.com usually, just put your VIN in the cargo ID field.

Plenty of threads on tracking your car, I know they are more tailored to the US, but the boat stops in the UK before coming to Canada and NY.
Appreciate 0