F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Body shop in Tampa
ARMA SPEED

08-10-2017, 06:52 AM   #1
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

Body shop in Tampa

Hey guys, I need to get my performance lip and performance diffuser painted gloss black.

Anyone got a nice body shop to recommend in Tampa that wont charge an arm and a leg to paint these two pieces?

I searched and found a couple of people recommend Gene Perez.

They also recommend a couple of shops in St Pete, but I feel like over there it'll be more over priced.

Thank you!!
      08-11-2017, 10:03 PM   #2
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryo91 View Post
Hey guys, I need to get my performance lip and performance diffuser painted gloss black.

Anyone got a nice body shop to recommend in Tampa that wont charge an arm and a leg to paint these two pieces?

I searched and found a couple of people recommend Gene Perez.

They also recommend a couple of shops in St Pete, but I feel like over there it'll be more over priced.

Thank you!!
Gene Perez has been around since at least the 70s and usually does top notch work. They did great work on several MBs and Range Rovers I had, but the last time I used them was 20 years ago.

They were very stick up their ass in attitude on what they would do in the past. I don't thinkthat they would even consider painting those parts - as that would be "below them".

I use RP Customs in Largo for most paint work of that kind now.

http://www.rpcustom.com

Roy is one of the best around for paint work and restoration. He has done several pieces for my BMW and his prices are very fair.

To simply replace my rear bumper with a new one - paint and install - his labor and paint was $400 cheaper than the BMW Dealers. $600 instead of $1000.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinFLA View Post
Gene Perez has been around since at least the 70s and usually does top notch work. They did great work on several MBs and Range Rovers I had, but the last time I used them was 20 years ago.

They were very stick up their ass in attitude on what they would do in the past. I don't thinkthat they would even consider painting those parts - as that would be "below them".

I use RP Customs in Largo for most paint work of that kind now.

http://www.rpcustom.com

Roy is one of the best around for paint work and restoration. He has done several pieces for my BMW and his prices are very fair.

To simply replace my rear bumper with a new one - paint and install - his labor and paint was $400 cheaper than the BMW Dealers. $600 instead of $1000.

Nice! I'll try and get a quote from Gene PErez just because they are closer to me. If it sounds too wild I'll go to Roy.

I already painted my lip myself - it wasnt too bad. But the diffuser I want just a section of it match to my alpine white so I cant really do that myself.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Edit: I didnt know you were in the Tampa area - did you get your hands on a pair of Blackline taillights? I remember seeing your name in the thread and wasnt sure if you got them or were selling them.
      08-14-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryo91 View Post
Nice! I'll try and get a quote from Gene PErez just because they are closer to me. If it sounds too wild I'll go to Roy.

I already painted my lip myself - it wasnt too bad. But the diffuser I want just a section of it match to my alpine white so I cant really do that myself.

Thank you for the recommendation!

Edit: I didnt know you were in the Tampa area - did you get your hands on a pair of Blackline taillights? I remember seeing your name in the thread and wasnt sure if you got them or were selling them.
Yes, had first set in USA as far as I know.

I had Roy match my the outer assembly of my MPerformance Grills to match my BSM car.

About to have him do a new rear bumper.
Appreciate 0