F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
GetBMWParts

07-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #397
dtliao
Registered
Rep
Drives: f10 535xi

Hi svache I know I said I'll get to it by the weekend like month ago and then post on how it goes, but just didn't happened... apologized

so... you're right they're not in the same location as the F30, but I couldn't find it anywhere else either... I used the search function, did found BOOTLID, but nothing about TIME_DELAY, and when I search for DELAY, nothing came up.

I was thinking would it be because it's equipped with comfort access that the trunk has that 'electric pump' to pop and rise open, so it's not possible to code the delay time, and so not existed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
I just spoke to one of the F10 guys but he couldn't answer me this as he drives a 2011 F10 without the possibility to kick the trunk to open. However, since this function should be similar as it is in the F30, I just looked at the code and found the following two things:

FEM_BODY -> 3040 ClMaster -> CLM_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID
FEM_BODY -> 30D0 RemoteControl -> RC_TIME_DELAY_BOOTLID

Both have as comment "timeout for delayed open control of the bootlid", so it is very well possible this is what you are looking for.

Now, I am unsure if you can find this at the same location at the F10 because I have no idea what all the various modules and the exact function names are in the F10 but I have a feeling it should be either in the CAS or FRM modules. If you use the search function, I'm sure you should be able to find it. Just remember to make a backup and write down the original values and then just fiddle a bit with the settings
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #398
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
I need some help on these 2 steps below.

On#5 - I have downloaded all of the psdz data files (24 of them) but they are not in folders. It says there should be 7 folders. Can someone tell me what the folder structure should be? I need folders names for all 7 and what #psdz file should be in each folder.

on#6 - My psdz folder was empty so i dont have a swe folder. How cna i get that?

05) Copy all "psdzdata" subfolders (all 7 Folders) from "\\2_46.3 psdzdata\" to "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\"
06) Copy the contents of the "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe" folder into the "C:\ESysData\SWE" folder.

Im not sure if i am doing something wrong. I downloaded the ESYS files from rapid share as instructed and unzipped them and these were already missing.

can someone point me in the right direction?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #399
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

You need to unzip or unrar the 24 psdz data files. You need winrar installed. Then click on the first of the 24 and choose extract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc View Post

On#5 - I have downloaded all of the psdz data files (24 of them) but they are not in folders. It says there should be 7 folders. Can someone tell me what the folder structure should be? I need folders names for all 7 and what #psdz file should be in each folder.

on#6 - My psdz folder was empty so i dont have a swe folder. How cna i get that?

05) Copy all "psdzdata" subfolders (all 7 Folders) from "\\2_46.3 psdzdata\" to "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\"
06) Copy the contents of the "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe" folder into the "C:\ESysData\SWE" folder.

Im not sure if i am doing something wrong. I downloaded the ESYS files from rapid share as instructed and unzipped them and these were already missing.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #400
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
do i need to do the same with the other 23 files?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #401
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Quote:
No. With winrar installed once you click and extract the first file it will extract all 24 together into the 7 folders being referenced.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #402
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:

Just to repeat, Step 06 IS NOT required. The PSdZdata need only reside in the main E-Sys data folder, i.e. "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\"

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #403
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
They posted what's known as a multi-volume archive.

WinRAR will handle them automatically. When you unrar the archive by extracting the first volume, you will see WinRAR reading the subsequent files until all of them have been extracted.

That extract will contain the 7 directories that you need.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #404
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Just to repeat, Step 06 IS NOT required. The PSdZdata need only reside in the main E-Sys data folder, i.e. "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\"
This is correct if you are only coding the car directly.

Step 6 was required for me in order to do any off-line browsing of the CAFD*.ncd files.

I just created a hard link to the directory to save disk space as has been discussed in other threads.

Last edited by Frogman; 07-24-2012 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #405
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Svache ?? how are you doing !?
Been busy enjoying your Aloha summer?

In case you are taking a break from your holiday,
have you or anyone here found out what "M-Key Settings" is ??

Can i suggest that it could be the Memory linked to the which ever Key fob we might be using at that moment ??

Reading the car manual...
i saw somewhere they say there can be 2 driver seat memory settings PER key fob?!

does it mean: since each car has 2 keyfobs, therefore we can have 4 different driver seat memory ?!
Am i understanding it right ???

In trying to test with my car, i could not get those 2 additional memory set up by using my "spare" keyfob?!

and so the M-Key Settings would allow the car to memorize those additional memory driver set up??

So my guess is: by default, BMW has deactivated this feature of allowing us to have 4 differents driver setup...
(2 per keyfob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
Svache! Congrats on the sticky and front page.
Have you coded your car yet ?? Tremolo ?? I am planning to go see Frogman up in Ventura County on the 5th... wanna join us ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200Duece View Post
Suscribed and waiting for someone in San Diego to help me out.... I can provide beer
how about coming through Malibu with us ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
Awesome! Can't wait to program it on mine! Anyone in NorCal want to do it for me once I get my car? We should find someone in the Bay Area who has the cable and computer and software and is experienced at doing it and have a meet-up and everyone can pay him $$$ to code their car as requested. That dude would make some serious coin in a single day.
I thought you live in SoCal ??? why mention about NorCal ??

Last edited by DrivenByE30; 07-24-2012 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #406
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
I think the M-Key thing has to do with M-type cars with M-Drive (whatever the hell that is). I don't think it has anything to do with the memory buttons, or the fobs/profiles.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #407
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

Quote:

Have you coded your car yet ?? Tremolo ?? I am planning to go see Frogman up in Ventura County on the 5th... wanna join us ?

I haven't coded my car yet. I might code it later on. I actually code for a living so it probably wouldn't be too difficult for me to do on my own... especially with Svache's detailed tutorial.

But I don't really see the need to code the car since I don't really mind all the iDrive restrictions. The only ones that kinda irritate me is the iDrive start up message and seat belt gong. I don't mind the ASS. And I don't have comfort access so I can fold mirrors etc.

If there is a way to code a certain Mode to certain profiles at start up, that'd be great. So I can assign Sport Mode to my Fob and Comfort Mode to my wife's Fob.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #408
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
I haven't coded my car yet. I might code it later on. I actually code for a living so it probably wouldn't be too difficult for me to do on my own... especially with Svache's detailed tutorial.

But I don't really see the need to code the car since I don't really mind all the iDrive restrictions. The only ones that kinda irritate me is the iDrive start up message and seat belt gong. I don't mind the ASS. And I don't have comfort access so I can fold mirrors etc.

If there is a way to code a certain Mode to certain profiles at start up, that'd be great. So I can assign Sport Mode to my Fob and Comfort Mode to my wife's Fob.
I code for a living too. The E-Sys SW is easy to use and the cable is pretty simple to build or just buy.

I turned off the disclaimers, enabled the TPMS temp/pressure display (I love that!), enabled the weather radio, and changed the default ASS setting as the starts/stops were just too annoying and felt like the engine was being ripped out of the mounts.
I also coded the mirrors to fold/unfold and windows open/close via CA or the fob; it's really nice when you're out of the car after parking it and didn't remember to push the button in the car (which requires the ignition to be on).

I don't think anyone has figured out how to save the car mode (sport/comfort, eco-pro) in the profile or even change the default yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #409
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
can someone tell me where to find the TOKEN at? I'm in my car right now and its asking for it but i can't find it anywhere..HELP!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #410
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
can someone tell me where to find the TOKEN at? I'm in my car right now and its asking for it but i can't find it anywhere..HELP!!!
Did you do step 10 in the installation instructions?

10) Run "C:\ EC-Apps\ ESG \ E -Sys \E -Sys.exe" (It will take E -Sys a while to
w rite the log file) and Under Options, Settings:
On the ODX Tab, set the ODX Rule Path to "C:\ESysData \ Rules"
On the EST Tab, set the Developer -Soft- Token EST Path to
"C: \ ESysData \e st\Code Away.est"
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #411
ƒ°
Rep
Drives: ✚

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
I code for a living too. The E-Sys SW is easy to use and the cable is pretty simple to build or just buy.

I turned off the disclaimers, enabled the TPMS temp/pressure display (I love that!), enabled the weather radio, and changed the default ASS setting as the starts/stops were just too annoying and felt like the engine was being ripped out of the mounts.
I also coded the mirrors to fold/unfold and windows open/close via CA or the fob; it's really nice when you're out of the car after parking it and didn't remember to push the button in the car (which requires the ignition to be on).

I don't think anyone has figured out how to save the car mode (sport/comfort, eco-pro) in the profile or even change the default yet.
This sounds tempting. Hmmmmm.....
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #412
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
yes i did that. I found something that said "pin" in the e-sys installation file which was 2690. I used that and it took it but when i coded(mirrors fold in on close) it didn't work but didn't give any errors either
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #413
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yes i did that. I found something that said "pin" in the e-sys installation file which was 2690. I used that and it took it but when i coded(mirrors fold in on close) it didn't work but didn't give any errors either
The mirrors change requires multiple values to be changed. Which ones did you change?

Also, there is a typo in the cheat sheet. See post #311 in this thread.

I have comfort access, so your behavior may be different, but after coding, you have to push and hold the button (fob or handle) for 3 seconds before things start closing and you have to keep it held until the closing is done. If you release the button, the closing stops; probably a safety feature.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #414
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I figured out that typo the hard way! lol....

I have CA also and finally got it to work after seeing the other value that need to be changed in order to make the mirror fold work.

Thanks for your help...

I must say that i just went crazy coding away all those totally cool features BMW thinks we don't need to have.. bastards!! lol

Has anyone started an updated spreadsheet of the PDF file Svache made? I've noticed people are doing other things but they are not listed there.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #415
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Has anyone had luck coding these features yet? It was available on the E90 and I'm hoping it is on the F30 too.

1. fog lights on with high beams
2. fog lights on with welcome lights
3. Auto Lights sensitivity control in iDrive
4. "Follow me home lights" (turns on headlights and rear lights when trunk button on the fob is pressed once)
5. Radio mode delete
6. Sunroof opens all the way instead of having to press the button again once 90%
open (hate this with a passion)
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #416
lewishamilton
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i SL MR

Quote:
6. Sunroof opens all the way instead of having to press the button again once 90%
OMG! can't believe I thought that 90% was all it could open to until now!
      07-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #417
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
glad i could help out.. the dealer sure didn't want to hear me say it was stupid...hoping the coding community can override whatever safety feature they call it..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #418
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtliao View Post
Hi svache I know I said I'll get to it by the weekend like month ago and then post on how it goes, but just didn't happened... apologized

so... you're right they're not in the same location as the F30, but I couldn't find it anywhere else either... I used the search function, did found BOOTLID, but nothing about TIME_DELAY, and when I search for DELAY, nothing came up.

I was thinking would it be because it's equipped with comfort access that the trunk has that 'electric pump' to pop and rise open, so it's not possible to code the delay time, and so not existed?
Hiyas! Did you try searching on the German word for delay? Something like "verzögern" or something? Often when something is not written in English, it might be there in German (Google translate really helps in such cases).

At the other hand, what you said is a possibility. But then again, there might be a delay possible to actually get that stuff working... I honestly don't know.

Quote:
Svache ?? how are you doing !?
Been busy enjoying your Aloha summer?

In case you are taking a break from your holiday,

Can i suggest that it could be the Memory linked to the which ever Key fob we might be using at that moment ??

Reading the car manual...
i saw somewhere they say there can be 2 driver seat memory settings PER key fob?!

does it mean: since each car has 2 keyfobs, therefore we can have 4 different driver seat memory ?!
Am i understanding it right ???

In trying to test with my car, i could not get those 2 additional memory set up by using my "spare" keyfob?!

and so the M-Key Settings would allow the car to memorize those additional memory driver set up??

So my guess is: by default, BMW has deactivated this feature of allowing us to have 4 differents driver setup...
(2 per keyfob)
lol doing ok =) been quite busy lately with our old place, trying to fix it up before the end of the month so we can begin renting it out.. so sadly it's not much of a vacay yet lol

The M-key is indeed related to the M cars, it seems the code is greatly the same but depending on the hardware, something is working or not. Like someone else also mentioned, the M-Drive, I can enter the settings but it doesn't do anything either at that part, simply because my car doesn't have the required hardware

About the keyfobs, I would explain that indeed the same as you did, if you can have 2 settings per fob, there would be 4 settings in the end. I don't know if it works, though, we have locked our second keyfob and just use one (both my wife and I use the same) with just the profiles (kind of have my X5 to blame for this, it would act weird when switching between fobs at the time lol). If you have to enable this, I am unsure about.. haven't been coding lately and since I have a new laptop I hardly looked at the code either because there's no e-sys on this lappy (just on my wife's laptop and my desktop, both of which I hardly touch nowadays lol).

Quote:
Has anyone had luck coding these features yet? It was available on the E90 and I'm hoping it is on the F30 too.

1. fog lights on with high beams
2. fog lights on with welcome lights
3. Auto Lights sensitivity control in iDrive
4. "Follow me home lights" (turns on headlights and rear lights when trunk button on the fob is pressed once)
5. Radio mode delete
Can't say much about some of them as I never tried them or looked them up, but regarding #2 and #4, these should be possible as I do remember seeing settings for these two. With the fog lights, look in the settings for 'nebelscheinwerfer' or 'nsw' and 'wl' (for the welcome lights). The follow-me-home lights should have a description in English, if I'm not completely mistaken

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0