F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F34 [UK] Business navi map update, dealer/BMW says no, should I accept this ?
GetBMWParts

03-11-2014, 05:59 AM   #1
MikeMinh
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i GT (F34)

F34 [UK] Business navi map update, dealer/BMW says no, should I accept this ?

My F34 is an Oct 2013 build (which I didn't know until I got it, don't mind though), I signed the contract on 6 Dec 2013, car was handed over on 28 Dec 13.

This is a Business Navi (not Professional). I saw that the Navi maps are Road Map Europe MOVE 2013. At the time I got the car a newer version was already out, am I right?

So I asked for a free update, and here is BMW's answer which I got via my dealer after just 10 weeks.

I have got an answer now and it would appear that the factories only have one update each year. The updates for each Navigation system happen in April (2013-2) and October (2014) of each year which can then be updated to vehicles by each dealer. The factories then receive these updates around a month after each update is released therefore November production would likely have got this and this car is an October production vehicle."

Should I accept this? And if not, what do you experienced people suggest I do now?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMinh View Post
My F34 is an Oct 2013 build (which I didn't know until I got it, don't mind though), I signed the contract on 6 Dec 2013, car was handed over on 28 Dec 13.

This is a Business Navi (not Professional). I saw that the Navi maps are Road Map Europe MOVE 2013. At the time I got the car a newer version was already out, am I right?

So I asked for a free update, and here is BMW's answer which I got via my dealer after just 10 weeks.

I have got an answer now and it would appear that the factories only have one update each year. The updates for each Navigation system happen in April (2013-2) and October (2014) of each year which can then be updated to vehicles by each dealer. The factories then receive these updates around a month after each update is released therefore November production would likely have got this and this car is an October production vehicle."

Should I accept this? And if not, what do you experienced people suggest I do now?
I have NEXT 2014. Are you sure they're not offering you the 2014 version?
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 06:04 AM   #3
MikeMinh
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i GT (F34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
I have NEXT 2014. Are you sure they're not offering you the 2014 version?
Different Head Units take different Maps:

CCC - PROFESSIONAL Map
CIC - PREMIUM Map
NBT - NEXT Map

I have MOVE maps. This indicates I have a CHAMP (or is it CHAMP2 ??) head unit.
I could probably buy the 2014 version, but I think when I buy a car I should get what was the latest at the time of purchase, not what was available when it was built.
Appreciate 0