F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > first time ordering...need some advice
ARMA SPEED

01-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
first time ordering...need some advice

Hello guys,

after over 6 months of researching...i finally decided to get a 2013 335xi sedan... here's my configuration:
2013 335i with xDrive Sedan:
M Sports Line
Alpine white (i know...i know...)
black leather seats
cold weather pkg
driver assistance pkg
dynamic handling pkg
tech pkg
hk audio
paddle shifters
m performance parts - black grilles & stripes.

Total MSRP: 59020 + performance parts ($130 + $250)

I've been talking to a few dealers in this area...the best offer I got so far is 59800 OTD, but they said they don't have allocation for this car until maybe sometime in April. The other guy gave me $60k and he said he got allocation right now. I thought $60k is acceptable, but before I was about to pull the trigger, he came back to me and said that his "boss" says they cannot sell this configuration for less than $62k. I thought it's bulls*** and rejected them. :/
So...what's the price range I can expect for this configuration? And this is my first time buying a new car, any other advice?
(Fees from the dealers: around $300 including documents, registration, etc)
tax rate: 6.5%

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
micosilver
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 35d

You already know the price range. XDrive allocations are scarce, and I would imagine even harder to get in a snow state. Now it is just a question of what are you willing to pay. The manager at the dealership probably checked available allocation for other dealers, saw that they hold one of very few spots, and he expects to make some profit on it, there is nothing wrong with that. It would be wrong if they changed the price after you ordered it...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallymore View Post
Hello guys,

after over 6 months of researching...i finally decided to get a 2013 335xi sedan... here's my configuration:
2013 335i with xDrive Sedan:
M Sports Line
Alpine white (i know...i know...)
black leather seats
cold weather pkg
driver assistance pkg
dynamic handling pkg
tech pkg
hk audio
paddle shifters
m performance parts - black grilles & stripes.

Total MSRP: 59020 + performance parts ($130 + $250)

I've been talking to a few dealers in this area...the best offer I got so far is 59800 OTD, but they said they don't have allocation for this car until maybe sometime in April. The other guy gave me $60k and he said he got allocation right now. I thought $60k is acceptable, but before I was about to pull the trigger, he came back to me and said that his "boss" says they cannot sell this configuration for less than $62k. I thought it's bulls*** and rejected them. :/
So...what's the price range I can expect for this configuration? And this is my first time buying a new car, any other advice?
(Fees from the dealers: around $300 including documents, registration, etc)
tax rate: 6.5%

Thanks!
Do yourself a favor and call Adrian Avilla from BMW of South Atlanta. Cinci dealers are all nuts with their prices. I live in NYC but my cars are registered in Ohio (Hamilton), so I tried them too but they were way too expensive. Got my car from ATL and the drive back was only 5 hours.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille82 View Post
Do yourself a favor and call Adrian Avilla from BMW of South Atlanta. Cinci dealers are all nuts with their prices. I live in NYC but my cars are registered in Ohio (Hamilton), so I tried them too but they were way too expensive. Got my car from ATL and the drive back was only 5 hours.
thanks...I was about to call some dealers in chicago. lol
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micosilver View Post
You already know the price range. XDrive allocations are scarce, and I would imagine even harder to get in a snow state. Now it is just a question of what are you willing to pay. The manager at the dealership probably checked available allocation for other dealers, saw that they hold one of very few spots, and he expects to make some profit on it, there is nothing wrong with that. It would be wrong if they changed the price after you ordered it...
that's what i figured too. :/
I prefer waiting for a few more months to paying them 2 grand extra.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So how does the 4-year-free-maintenance work? Can you just do the maintenance at any dealership after you got the car?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So how does the 4-year-free-maintenance work? Can you just do the maintenance at any dealership after you got the car?
The 4 year maintenance plan is valid nation wide. Doesn't matter where you bought the car from. However Some dealership might not give you a loaner when you need one if you didn't buy the car from them. But I never had any issue like that.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
thanks...I was about to call some dealers in chicago. lol
If you rather go to Chicago, contact Irv Robinson from BMW Motorwerks. Never dealt with him, but heard only good things.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you rather go to Chicago, contact Irv Robinson from BMW Motorwerks. Never dealt with him, but heard only good things.
OK. I will try that. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
update: another dealer called, he's willing to do $59500 OTD, and he promises he will get the allocation for 335xi late next month...

hm...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
update: another dealer called, he's willing to do $59500 OTD, and he promises he will get the allocation for 335xi late next month...

hm...
I would not advise u to negotiate from MSRP. Go on bmwconfig.com, build the car with the options and packages you want. It will give you an invoice price when you done. Use that price as a starting point. Let's say offer around $600 over invoice and go from there. Plus educate yourself about all the incentives that are currently available.

I ran quick number with the info you've provided and I got your invoice price at around $53,700.

Are you leasing or buying??
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I would not advise u to negotiate from MSRP. Go on bmwconfig.com, build the car with the options and packages you want. It will give you an invoice price when you done. Use that price as a starting point. Let's say offer around $600 over invoice and go from there. Plus educate yourself about all the incentives that are currently available.

I ran quick number with the info you've provided and I got your invoice price at around $53,700.

Thanks...it seems there's no incentives available for me...

I'm buying. (paying cash)

I've run the numbers on edmunds, kbb, and bmwconfig for about a million times now...
The invoice price I got from bmwconfig is $54450(doesn't include the two M Performance parts). My start point was $55000, which is about $59300 OTD(including taxes, fees, everything). That's why I'm thinking $59500 OTD may not be a bad deal... (about $700-$800 over invoice price)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

oh by the way...the first dealer said his invoice price is $54790. :/
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks...it seems there's no incentives available for me...

I'm buying. (paying cash)

I've run the numbers on edmunds, kbb, and bmwconfig for about a million times now...
The invoice price I got from bmwconfig is $54450(doesn't include the two M Performance parts). My start point was $55000, which is about $59300 OTD(including taxes, fees, everything). That's why I'm thinking $59500 OTD may not be a bad deal... (about $700-$800 over invoice price)
Agree, I didn't know you had included taxes and fees in your price. It's pretty good then.

You will love this car. Are you going for 19" or 18" wheels?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agree, I didn't know you had included taxes and fees in your price. It's pretty good then.

You will love this car. Are you going for 19" or 18" wheels?
18" for now
i'm not too crazy about big wheels :/
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
18" for now
i'm not too crazy about big wheels :/
I hear you. I feel the 19" to be a little harsh for NYC streets. But Cinci roads are much better. Anyway you can't go wrong with either IMO.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hear you. I feel the 19" to be a little harsh for NYC streets. But Cinci roads are much better. Anyway you can't go wrong with either IMO.
hm...by the way, I was just thinking...instead of emptying my bank account, probably it's a good idea to finance part of it. I've never tried auto loans before, not sure how it works.
I was reading about the BMW Financing services...if I decide to finance part of the price, do I just apply for it on bmwusa directly? should I do it before or after placing the order?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #18
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
hm...by the way, I was just thinking...instead of emptying my bank account, probably it's a good idea to finance part of it. I've never tried auto loans before, not sure how it works.
I was reading about the BMW Financing services...if I decide to finance part of the price, do I just apply for it on bmwusa directly? should I do it before or after placing the order?
Any major bank offers financing for autos. You go about it much the same as a normal loan or mortgage: walk in, talk to a rep, they'll check your credit etc, give you some options of terms and such, sign paperwork, and then they'll issue a check for the loan which you can take to the dealer.

Typically you can either get fixed rate (which is usually slightly higher than current market rate, but guaranteed not to change for the duration of the loan) or variable (at current market rate and will change with market rate), and choose from anything from a 24 month loan to a 60 month loan.

If you decide to finance through BMW, your dealer will walk you through the whole process (no need to go online first yourself). You may also be able to take advantage of any incentives BMWNA offers for their financing at that time.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #19
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Any major bank offers financing for autos. You go about it much the same as a normal loan or mortgage: walk in, talk to a rep, they'll check your credit etc, give you some options of terms and such, sign paperwork, and then they'll issue a check for the loan which you can take to the dealer.

Typically you can either get fixed rate (which is usually slightly higher than current market rate, but guaranteed not to change for the duration of the loan) or variable (at current market rate and will change with market rate), and choose from anything from a 24 month loan to a 60 month loan.

If you decide to finance through BMW, your dealer will walk you through the whole process (no need to go online first yourself). You may also be able to take advantage of any incentives BMWNA offers for their financing at that time.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #20
ianturner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

my local dealership basically has the car in stock that you want i think.....would you come to DE to pick it up? sent you a pm
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #21
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I JUST PLACED THE ORDER!!

Can't wait to get my first BMW! XD
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 04:15 AM   #22
m1kal