F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Adding sub and amp to stock 'hifi' system
proTUNING Freaks

07-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M235i BSM Auto

Adding sub and amp to stock 'hifi' system

Has anyone wired up a sub/amp to the stock system? Is there a wiring schematic out there I can use to figure out which wires to tap into to either run a high level input to the amp or an RCA line out converter? It will be another month or so until my M Sport 335i arrives, but i'd like to start planning now if possible I'm thinking of adding a small 10" sub in a sealed enclosure (0.5 cubic feet) in the trunk... this will free up the stock speakers to be able to do their job better since the bass duties will be handled by the aftermarket sub
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

We have not yet validated our package in the F30, but we hope that in 45 days we will be offering a PnP package just like you describe. I would be shocked if they changed the amp harness, it's been the same for HiFi since the E46 at least.

The HiFi amp gets lower-voltage preamp, but for just adding an amp, you're best off using the woofer outputs from the amp, not messing with the preamp signals (too easy to introduce RPM whine that way).
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep

OK, great, that's what i was anticipating. Do you happen to have a diagram of the harness so we can determine which wires go to the subs, and possibly where a switched power line is as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Any update on this? Anyone know which wires are the sub outputs on the stock amp and also what to tap for a remote turn on ?
Appreciate 0