F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > MSport Line Delayed?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #45
King Canute
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F31 M-Sport 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiboy72 View Post
My F31 M Sport was scheduled for production in week 46, and is being produced as planned.
So did mine F31 M-Tech, I'll have my car delivered 2nd week after new year, but my car will come to the dealer around x-mas.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #46
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJi
Interesting, I was under the impression that a production order number = assigned production week. Did you CA send you a screen shot of the vehicle inquiry status report? It should say the requested / assigned production week number on the right-hand-side.
I have a fax of it from when it went in, status 111 - order accepted. I see an " assigned to" field but that looks like its a dealership number, dealer name underneath it. Don't see anything that says production week. In the middle, I do see something that says "Coll. Wk:" and Coll. Day/time:" and both are blank. Not sure if I'm missing something, but my CA said no week was assigned yet. Seems like everyone else in 112 seems to know there assigned week though, and can see it change...
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #47
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I have a fax of it from when it went in, status 111 - order accepted. I see an " assigned to" field but that looks like its a dealership number, dealer name underneath it. Don't see anything that says production week. In the middle, I do see something that says "Coll. Wk:" and Coll. Day/time:" and both are blank. Not sure if I'm missing something, but my CA said no week was assigned yet. Seems like everyone else in 112 seems to know there assigned week though, and can see it change...
OK, look at the right-hand column, that begins with "Assigned to." The very last row of that column says "Special Request." On mine, there are several rows of white space, and then there's a line separator which indicates a different section. In the same column, I then have the following fields:

Production dates
Quota
Req Prod.
Sub Req. Prod.
Conf. Prod.
Est. Prod Date
Act. Prod Date

To the right of "Quota" is the Year/Month of the quota, in my case 2012/11, which indicates a November quota allocation. "Req prod" is the requested production Year/Month/Week. In my case, it reads 2012/11/45, indicated week 45, which is within November 2012.

I would expect you should have information next to Quota and the Req. Prod. fields, at least assuming you have a real allocation with an assigned build week.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #48
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I don't have any of that under special request, just gets into the options and pricing. and I also noticed on the top it says vehicle inquiry: design/MSRP. I think I need to get an updated report
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #49
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't have any of that under special request, just gets into the options and pricing. and I also noticed on the top it says vehicle inquiry: design/MSRP. I think I need to get an updated report
Design/MSRP? I can guess what that means... It means it's an informational design, and it's not tied to a real allocation at all!

To confirm, what does it say next to "Priority?" If it doesn't say "Customer Sold" or something to that effect, then your CA has been feeding you a line (or several). You have NO allocation, and it's anyone's guess when you'll go into production (as soon as he can find a dealer to trade for an allocation, I suppose, or as soon as his dealership receives some new allocations, maybe next month, IF you're lucky.)

If I were you I would search elsewhere for a dealer who has or can guarantee a traded allocation with guaranteed production week, and as soon as you find it fire your current bozo who's stringing you along as he doesn't deserve your business. Was it your CA that told you something to the effect that he's going to "call Germany" or something along those lines? LMAO, what a load of salesman BRAVO SIERRA. Pisses me off just thinking about it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #50
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Priority 1-customer sold.

From what I can tell, there is no such thing as "guaranteed" production week, until it actually goes into production. Lot of people on here in status 112 for a while. I have a production order number, have called the BMW NA several times, including live agents.. The order is in, just waiting for it to hit production. Sheet he sent me was status 111, order accepted, so maybe that explains the design/MSRP. It was what he sent me to confirm all of my options were correct. It went to 112 within a day or two. And even the 111 sheet has both his name and mine on it, and the dealership as the ship to.

This is the second car I've bought from him, 3rd if you count my father-in-law's. Don't think he's jerking me around, but he did trade for the allocation.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #51
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Priority 1-customer sold.

From what I can tell, there is no such thing as "guaranteed" production week, until it actually goes into production. Lot of people on here in status 112 for a while. I have a production order number, have called the BMW NA several times, including live agents.. The order is in, just waiting for it to hit production. Sheet he sent me was status 111, order accepted, so maybe that explains the design/MSRP. It was what he sent me to confirm all of my options were correct. It went to 112 within a day or two. And even the 111 sheet has both his name and mine on it, and the dealership as the ship to.

This is the second car I've bought from him, 3rd if you count my father-in-law's. Don't think he's jerking me around, but he did trade for the allocation.
Very strange. He needs to explain to you what is going on. I was promised a week 46 production when I ordered, with a possible bump-up by a week due to being a customer sold vehicle, and that's exactly what I got. My CA was extremely transparent about the situation, told me he had to trade for an allocation, and that if he couldn't get the allocation for some reason he would let me know and I could decide to either let him try and find another one or take my deposit back and look elsewhere.

Your guy, despite the relationship, does not appear to be providing you with the same level of information and transparency.

I'm not sure where in NY you're located, but FWIW, I ordered from a dealer in NJ, less than an hour from NYC. I'd be happy to connect you if you're interested.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #52
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your guy, despite the relationship, does not appear to be providing you with the same level of information and transparency.
Not sure what you mean, he's done exactly as yours did, just doesn't have a production week yet. I got the same message ("scheduled for production, with no confirmed production date") on our X3 before it went into production, just don't think it took as long. But that's the standard message for 112.

He told me up front he was trading for an allocation. Calling him tomorrow to get an update and current VIR.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #53
ducatiboy72
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: F31 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canute
Quote:
My F31 M Sport was scheduled for production in week 46, and is being produced as planned.
So did mine F31 M-Tech, I'll have my car delivered 2nd week after new year, but my car will come to the dealer around x-mas.
According to my dealer I will be able to pick up the car in week 50. I hope this is true, since I plan using the car for a trip from Trondheim to Oslo during X-mas
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #54
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not sure what you mean, he's done exactly as yours did, just doesn't have a production week yet. I got the same message ("scheduled for production, with no confirmed production date") on our X3 before it went into production, just don't think it took as long. But that's the standard message for 112.

He told me up front he was trading for an allocation. Calling him tomorrow to get an update and current VIR.
What I mean is he should be able to provide details, i.e. has he successfully traded for an allocation? If so, when did he trade for it, what month allocation was it, November or December? What production week was it assigned? Based on all the hundreds of folks who have posted about their orders on these forums, a claim that he has an allocation yet has no production week is an extraordinary claim. Extraordinary claims need to be matched with extraordinary evidence or justification.

If I were in your shoes I would be demanding answers and demanding an explanation as to why my experience wasn't matching the hundreds of folks posting online, but maybe that just makes me a demanding person.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #55
King Canute
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F31 M-Sport 320i

Quote:
According to my dealer I will be able to pick up the car in week 50. I hope this is true, since I plan using the car for a trip from Trondheim to Oslo during X-mas
I think that is the same week as my car is delivered to dealer, so maybe we're on the same batch
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #56
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What I mean is he should be able to provide details, i.e. has he successfully traded for an allocation? If so, when did he trade for it, what month allocation was it, November or December? What production week was it assigned? Based on all the hundreds of folks who have posted about their orders on these forums, a claim that he has an allocation yet has no production week is an extraordinary claim. Extraordinary claims need to be matched with extraordinary evidence or justification.

If I were in your shoes I would be demanding answers and demanding an explanation as to why my experience wasn't matching the hundreds of folks posting online, but maybe that just makes me a demanding person.
That's what I'm saying, of everything you just said, he has done all of that except the production week. I'm thinking it may still be sitting at 111 not 112 and maybe that's why no production week assigned. But I'm calling him today to ask for a new VIR and find out why it's still sitting there.

And it's a $60k car, I think we are aloud to be at least a little demanding... Just trying to balance that and being reasonable. I have some time, but I'm starting to lose patience. I don't think they can put an order in without an allocation, but that doesn't mean the allocation has an immediate build date. I guess he could be lying or a dumbass and maybe the build week is later than he wants to admit to me, but honestly, I don't think that's the case. If anything, he's not aggressive enough, just not the shady fast talking type of salesman. But he needs to get on top of it and get me some answers.

Can anyone confirm the message you get from the 800# for 111 vs 112?

What about everyone else that has been in 112 for weeks, anyone get a definitive explanation?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #57
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's what I'm saying, of everything you just said, he has done all of that except the production week. I'm thinking it may still be sitting at 111 not 112 and maybe that's why no production week assigned. But I'm calling him today to ask for a new VIR and find out why it's still sitting there.

And it's a $60k car, I think we are aloud to be at least a little demanding... Just trying to balance that and being reasonable. I have some time, but I'm starting to lose patience. I don't think they can put an order in without an allocation, but that doesn't mean the allocation has an immediate build date. I guess he could be lying or a dumbass and maybe the build week is later than he wants to admit to me, but honestly, I don't think that's the case. If anything, he's not aggressive enough, just not the shady fast talking type of salesman. But he needs to get on top of it and get me some answers.

Can anyone confirm the message you get from the 800# for 111 vs 112?

What about everyone else that has been in 112 for weeks, anyone get a definitive explanation?
Hopefully he's not lying or a dumbass. If he sends you the vehicle status, you may want to consider posting it (after blacking out anything that may be sensitive). The collective wisdom of this forum may be able to help you figure out what's going on. I'm intrigued now, your situation has piqued my curiosity.

If you still don't get satisfaction when you speak to him today, another option is to reach out to another CA and have them look up the status for you? If you're that unhappy with your order status and would consider buying elsewhere, I'm sure many would be happy to look up your status and you could find out what's going on in five minutes.

If you need a recommendation let me know; very happy with the level of detail and information my CA provided and his responsiveness.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #58
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Just spoke to my CA. He's sending me an updated VIR with status 112 and build week of next week (didn't mention the number but said its next week, I'll see what the sheet says). BMW NA still has it at status 111 but we know that tends to be behind. He also assured me I'm locked into November pricing and promotions. Also assured me he couldn't get a production order number without actually having the allocation, which makes sense, and he's trying to find out what the hold up is (maybe parts like others have said, who knows..).

As long as he's right about next week, and no further delays, I'm expecting a VIN# on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #59
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

so my CA, after i found a car just like what i ordrered and told him to try to trade for it, lied to me and told me the car was a demo car / loaner. i called the dealer said car was at and verified it was new.

canceling my order on my 328i. who knows what lies i've been told, car has been in 112 for 32 days.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #60
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Can anyone confirm the difference between "req. prod." and "Conf. Prod." on the VIR? Does the Conf prod = confirmed production week to start production, or expected completion?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #61
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can anyone confirm the difference between "req. prod." and "Conf. Prod." on the VIR? Does the Conf prod = confirmed production week to start production, or expected completion?
Sounds like you got some good news; do you finally have an assigned production date?

For me, they were both listed as the same production week number, and it was the week my production completed. My production actually started the previous week, at least according to the Owner's portal and the 1.800 #. I assumed the first meant "Requested production" and the second "Confirmed production" but that's just my speculation.

Below "Conf. Prod" I then had "Est. Prod. Date" and "Act. Prod. Date," which I assumed to be Estimated and Actual production dates, respectively. Both of those ended up showing the same day, the day my car finished production.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #62
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I'm making that same assumption. If so, my requested production week is 49, but confirmed says 51. My CA claims this is not up to date (from the BMW NA site not Germany). The NA site still says I'm in 111, he insists German site says 112 (and the 800# seems to be 112), so I'm hoping it goes in this week or next. Waiting on another update from him today.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #63
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm making that same assumption. If so, my requested production week is 49, but confirmed says 51. My CA claims this is not up to date (from the BMW NA site not Germany). The NA site still says I'm in 111, he insists German site says 112 (and the 800# seems to be 112), so I'm hoping it goes in this week or next. Waiting on another update from him today.
Hope he's right. He might be counting on the "bump" in priority that customer sold cars often get. As I understand it, customer sold cars routinely get moved up 1-2 weeks sooner than their requested production date, which means you could get to 150 this week. The waiting is agonizing, isn't it? My car will be sitting and waiting for me by mid-December but I won't be picking it up until January 10th... In the mean time, there's always !
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #64
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I waited for my S5 for 8 months, but the difference is I knew it was going to take a while, limited production, literally no allocations for months... This time, I was not expecting to be sitting here waiting a month just to get into production. All about expectations I guess.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #65
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerJi View Post
Hope he's right. He might be counting on the "bump" in priority that customer sold cars often get.
I was actually thinking about that before, hoping that's why my Requested is 49 and confirmed is 51.. meaning I'm hoping that means it got pushed from 51 to 49, not the other way around... he seems to think it's 49.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #66
rkptl
Rep
Drives: F30

So.. my CA called and my car is finally in production ..

The new Vehicle Inquiry Report shows the VIN with a status of 150 but nothing for "Act. Prod. Date: ". Is this normal?

Also my car model number changed from 133O SULEV to 133N. Is there a difference between these two.. I couldnt find much info online.
Appreciate 0