F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Dilema on Purchase of 335d Xdrive MSport Saloon
ARMA SPEED

02-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #1
Bogus7430
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D x Drive

Dilema on Purchase of 335d Xdrive MSport Saloon

HI Guys,
I am from UK and need some advice on a purchase i am contemplating.

I have 2 cars lined up and struggling to decide between the two
Both cars are pretty heavily optioned and pre registered December 2016 with around 50 miles with the key differences below

1st car
Sun roof, Individual paint (Metallic SmokedTopaz), Merino leather(Oyster)

2nd Car
Tanzanite Blue, Oyster Leather
Adaptive M Suspension
Adaptive LED lights

So basically its either go for a car where i like the colour and with sunroof or go for a car with adaptive lights and suspension but a pretty standard colour and no sunroof.

The other reason i am confused is all the various comments on multiple posts with regards to the suspension on this car.
i am inclined for the 1st car as i would have more options to beef up suspension if necessary and might be cheaper as it does not have adaptive suspension by BMW

or go with the car which has adaptive and be done with it.
And to give you an idea of the cars i have had in the past Jaguar XF & XJ 3.0D V6, Bentley COntinental Supersports, 911 Carerra 4S (991.1) Current car, Mini Cooper S (5 door) current car.

I am light right footed driver who might never take this car to the track. I like spirited driving sometimes, when i go on A& B roads(equivalent to State Roads or smaller country lanes in the US.

Hope this helps and allows you guys to share your views/comments/feedback..
Looking forward to making a decision quickly..

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #2
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Both of those colors are indivvidual colors (at least in the US they are) available in the configurator. Tanzanite is just as rare as smoked topaz. Only you knows what color you actually like better, and blue is a little more popular than brown for car colors so you might see a "little" more tanzanite, but its still rare.

You did not mention if these are X drive or not, nor whether the cars are M sport packages or not. If both cars are M sport package cars (and RWD NOT Xdrive) then the one without the adaptive suspension will have a static sporty suspension you will likely be fine with.

If they ARE xdrive cars, then the one without the adaptive suspension will likely be a car you DONT like driving, unless you like very soft and somewhat bouncy in spirited turns. This applies even if they are both M sports but X drives.

Its rare in the US to find individual colors like those and have them not be M sport models but of course packages could be different in London.

The suspension differences that people talk about dont take a driver who goes to the track to feel them. I dont track my cars and would describe my driving the same way you describe yours, and I absolutely can tell the difference in the non M sport suspension and the M sport one.

Anyway, I would get car 2 if it were me... or order one I really wanted.
Appreciate 0